1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's time to actually fix pvp, the game is dying

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Exposed, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Exposed

95% of the game is afk activities, the game need serious reworks on PVP.
    I won't touch on class balance since there are 40 classes and they are trying to make both wizard n1 and n2 i don't think there is any point discussing it. Roll wizard warrior zerk valk and sorc or enjoy getting farmed on a daily basis.

Right now the gear gap is something ridicolous, catching up to people that played for the last 2 years (first 2 years of the game where irrelevant gj!) takes so much time that some people haven't fought a equal match in 6 months!!! even the low end grind spot are crowded with 650 gearscore players farming for infinite pot.

There are currently 5 different pvp ruleset
    -openworld
    -rbf , less dmg
    -siege, more hp
    -t1, DP stacking abuserfest
    -trial characters , equalized gear but PA is so incompetent they give high resistances to everyone

Out of this 5 rulesets pretty much all of them are broken and need to be fixed.

-Openworld
    Now i would like a rework on gear scaling where getting 50 gearscore doesnt mean you become unkillable and you actually have to become good at pvp while still having stats advantages, that won't happen cos bdo pvpers are the most insecure i've ever met.
    A good fix would be that when a spot has a AP/DP cap that will also be the AP/DP cap for pvp. When you enter that zone your gear will get scaled down as you will see your sheet ap/dp of a different color according to the zone you are in, DP overstack wont be a thing, the only advantage you will keep is crystals and acc (wich i would like to be scaled down aswell) wich are an advantage but very minor.
    End game spots will still be uncapped ofc so this won't impact much most endgameplayers but it will give opportunity for everyone to play fair pvp while progressing trough the game.

-RBF
    this will never be good unless you are a weapon coupon Main

-SIege
    I don't know anyone that likes sieges other then 500 FPS wizards, scrap them and rebuild them from 0.

-t1
    this is just simple, make your stats actually get hardcapped at the actual number, If you have 350 dp once you enter a Hard t1 node you will see 320 in your sheet DP. With the new DR % change bracket t1 will be dead if this doesn't get addressed ASAP

-Trial characters
    Balance stats, less resists, remove adventure logs, try to make them into the competitive standard with maybe official tournaments with trial characters.
    Make RBF channel for trials only.
    I would like to see also arenas wich are trial only with 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 but i could see them being either too popular that people will stop playing the game or too unpopular because of class unbalance and desync pvp that noone will queue them.

Decoy#401, ALO, Frixs and 2 others like this.
  2. ManlyBeard

Didn't know the game was dying, yet again.

Wonder who keeps casting ressurect on this game, seeing as it apparently died so many times.

3. sajdas

unfortunetly, they will never get rid of the gear gap, it what make it worth to be a whale - profit for pearl abyss and kakao.

about the t1, dp damage reduction rate (brackets) is not the only issue there if we talk about exploits, max hp, percentage special damage increase, dp brackets as you mentioned are all "exploits" we have there, probably will never get addressed by them though (again, benefits for high gear = more need to pay 2 progress = more profit for them)

and last, trial character doesnt benefit them at all cash-wise, that why they try to make it as irrelevant as possible, they removed the 20% ignore resistance trials used to have on the accuracy version main weapon, they removed build variations for trials, and they probably will never let us have special rbf/arena game mode for trials as well.

ref to the weapon:

upload_2020-8-9_15-1-0.png

overall i agree with most of your points but they are just out of the bdo reality.

Leontothymos, Blitzball and Life2v like this.
  4. Exposed

just because you got 1000 players afk bartering while playing teamfight tactics and 3000 thousand player afk horse riding at any given time it doesn't mean the game is alive.

5. Andaro

Ambassador

It was dying last week according to another thread.....
    Seems to be "re-dying" every week at this rate...

6. Menor

It is constalty dying. It has 3rd stage Cancer since 2016.

Hilly and flukeSG2 like this.
  7. LightningFFXIII-4

Most ppl here just don't get it. The game died when 2018 hit when Seamonster hunting enabled players to just outright buy PEN gear at least 1 item per week since it gave billions a week in payouts.

2020, Seamonster Hunting is dead but is replaced by Bartering. Bartering gives players the ability to make 3-5 billion a week, again using Ships in the middle of the Ocean.

BDO's best content used to be grinding in the same spots and PVPing. Now everyone is so spread out, with Bartering and Manos Lifeskilling making more money than grinding slowly with PVE mobs. You can't even PVP anymore since most ppl have 600+ GS easy..

The Coronavirus and the destroyed RL economies are also making ppl spend less on Frivolous things like Raid Shadow Legends and BDO. Meaning less Content. Why do you think they're delaying Odylita release till November? lol.

flukeSG2 and ODB3698 like this.
  8. Beeso

[​IMG]

It’s always that friggin shaman hiding behind some rock somewhere beyond the edge of the screen/map, I tell you!

9. TwilightAngel

Well this not the first its dying post since the game released.

Also thought saw some type of Q&A or something that they are looking into balancing some classes or looking at how dmg is working in PvP

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Your avatar fits so well, excellent choice.

11. reconkangas

Another clown claiming the game is dying... how many times have i been click baited by something that could be a serious subject. i then face palm roll even harder when i see you joined the forums in 2016 yet you have posted 20 times?!?!!? Da'fk....

The issue is the rules sets that have changed PVP have been done because clowns like you have been silent the entire time, you have a VERY small % of the over all player base coming into these forums some trying to fix things some arguing for the status quo NONE of which has sent a common collective message with the exception of cheating or exploits.
    You have players arguing about buffing there already OP class, nerfing OP classes,Nerfing classes they just got wrecked by because they are pissed off and salty. changing PVP, nerfing siege guilds the list can go on and on there is no commonality to follow except a bunch of noise that gets drowned out in a sea of continuous assault of garbage threads that lead to NOTHING.

To change a system you have to have a community that has come together with a single resounding message that makes sense not come on here and complain then offer ZERO except a half ass attempt at solving something then it turns into yet another complaint that i have to read a good example is
    -RBF
    this will never be good unless you are a weapon coupon Main

I mean really?!?!?! thats your answer, personally i kinda enjoy RBF a little less lately since the DP change but none the less its still a very popular add to BDO. it will be even more popular with the change in maps as well as more up coming content. But oh you prob don't do global labs were the changes start and at some point can be fixed BUT YET AGAIN a very small % of players from NA actually go there to TEST then send in reports and objective opinions a majority go there to see new content then leave never looking back then everyone wonders why nothing gets fixed.

-SIege
    I don't know anyone that likes sieges other then 500 FPS wizards, scrap them and rebuild them from 0.

Did you see the global labs patch notes on siege? did you not see attempts at trying to fix things have you tried to comment on it <--- oh never mind you have only posted 20 times since 2016.....

Anyone in these forums wishing to change things has to start with a common approach everyone agrees on not coming in on a soap box stating a game which i honestly believe you know jack squat about is dead when anyone that has been playing can pretty much say... "log IN" every once and a while.

Hilly likes this.
  12. Anvorka

Just remove every brackets for PVP and let it for PVP and everything is ok.

13. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

???

14. reconkangas

Ignore it another no nothing know it all that offers zero except a troll add in in a troll thread that in my opinion should just get deleted.

15. LightningFFXIII-4

Remove AP/DP Brackets and Remove Caphras and put a level cap limit of 63 and maybe that will fix the game.

You should not have to compete with ppl who grind like this is RL just to PVP.

16. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

pvp has been dead for years, cuz they just dont know how to fix their own game.. whats left is only afk and gearing up so u can keep defeating "high IQ" monsters

Eri 4, flukeSG2 and Hajiarux like this.
  17. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

The game has been dying since the first month of it out. That's what I see every time I come to the forums.

Andaro likes this.
  18. levinano

The game isn't dying because they can rope in new players as fast as old players quit. This means the game isn't dying but it also doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.

The biggest problem is communication. Sure, because they finally talked to top Korean players, we're finally getting some reasonable changes that's been long overdue for years (eg fixing Musa losing an SA during E buff), but there's little to no communications with top players from other regions and the Korean players have a different meta. When you have Korean players thinking Sorc Ninja and Kunos aren't good, that Wizards are just average and Musa being the most OP class, you get balancing changes that makes NO sense.

The other side of lack of communication is that PA thinks everything they do is "correct" despite their disconnect with the game and are afraid to retract things because of pride. The only real thing they've ever truly acknowledged as a mistake and taken back was Renown, which means any new mechanic implications, right or wrong, are there to stay. Stuff like the DR mechanic in RBF and HP buff in siege sounds good on paper but it renders Assassin classes without protected damage completely useless, what's the point in being an Assassin class when "tank" classes do more damage and AoE than you while being more protected?

By disconnect, I don't just mean PA and the players, but PA and their own game. Anyone who plays the game knows that siege KD ratios mean very little to what classes are capable of, to use KD ratios as a gauge and arrive at the conclusion that BSRs are the problem of siege and not PA (protected area) and overpowered classes like Succ Wiz, but TAMERS... You can arrive at more accurate conclusion just by looking at class numbers participating in large scale than looking at KDs.

My personal problem is specifically the lack of communications regarding queued arenas. If you have a a queued ranked arena with a proper matching system, you'll always fight someone who are near gear/near skilled as you, making casual and serious PvP a lot more enjoyable for everyone. Why they've refused to even TALK about not implementing is the most infuriating thing ever.

flukeSG2, ODB3698 and Poppins like this.
  19. Poppins

Player retention might be the only thing they actually succeeded at fixing lately.

20. LightningFFXIII-4

upload_2020-8-9_9-35-28.png

According to MMOpopulation.com, BDO is clearly not dead but growing lol.

Hijio and Columba like this.