1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been spoilt by the season server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Thomas Gore, Jan 9, 2021.

1. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

well this is why there are going to be new class every time they introduce new seasonal servers.

I dont think they pay attention to whether player will be able to progress further with one class. its rather making sure that this player will have opportunity to play something new again and most likely spend real money on new asset

Boink, Thomas Gore and Jinoro like this.
  2. Boink

[​IMG]

One of the reasons why I "enjoy" Tuvala Season Servers. 1 Tuvala Ore, 10-15 Time Filled for "easy" failstacks, +6 failstacks with PEN Tuvala. I made 80fs x 8 and 60fs x 4 with 3500+ stones.

20-25% "Calculated Risk" LOL.

3. zeezero

The enhancement rates are basically just shifted down one level for tuvala.
    You know exactly how the enhancement game works and should have also experienced several enhancement failures so should know what to expect.
    Other than now working on significantly lower percent chance for success I don't see how this is setting people up to fail in the future.

My biggest problem with the season servers is that the end rewards are actually too decent. So I would prefer to level my main but instead I waste my time levelling another season alt so I can get the pen capotia at the end. It's a nice family fame boost and energy battery add but I would rather the skill and level xp gains on my main.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. Boink

It's not significantly lower with comparable gear. It is actually higher PEN Tuvala 60-80 fs is around 20% compared to regular IV boss gear 80 - 100 - 19-22%. This value 20% is calculated that there will be a huge portion of players that will not progress as "expected" and more likely results to cron spamming which is $ for Kakao/Pearl Abyss. That increases their projected quarterly goal which surprisingly per "Season" / Quarter.

Jinoro and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. Natasha 2

I suggested to the dev team about adding pvp gear only to skip the grind in the pearl shop, young players may think its sensible to spend years on enhancing gear, but they don't know time like i do, you can always earn more money, time can never be earned back and when you run out of it the rest won't matter, so if we can spend money in the pearl shop for pvp only gear i would buy it at any cost.

"but you will still spend the time anyway" that's not true because i am quitting unless they do something about it, even if i decided to stay i would still pay any price for a set of pvp only gear that matches boss pen, i don't even care if i have to pay a hundred dollars per character for it, i still rather do that than spending 2-3 years enhancing gear, this way i can spend the time on what i want instead in the game.

I know i basically play into what they want, but they never forced me to play the game or pay for it, that was my choice alone.

As for the young players that play more than i do with no family, i'm not asking for them to add a pve and pvp set of gear that would make it unfair to those that grinded it, but i do want a way out of the enhancement and silver grinding nightmare, it's not really about being hard but incredibly time consuming and frustrating, you did it i'm sure you understand why.

It would have to be on the level with bis gear though otherwise you could just rent tet boss gear anyway and still be a gimp.

#65 Natasha 2, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  6. Khondo

And you are so in front because you have built those high stacks to now be used on something else.

In BDO, never think failing a non cronned enhance attempt as a bad thing. Building those high failstacks will always give you advantage for something else. This is the issue with many players who want everything to be successful on their first, second, third, or tenth attempt. Now if you are cronning on low stacks, well that is your decision and you live with your decisions.

Arkadia likes this.
  7. alphaalphaalpha

link me!

8. Rofflewaffle

Why? In your other posts you just want pure pve so you can enjoy that part of the game with your friends without having to worry about being grieved. Now your saying you want to be able to buy pvp gear? Just trying to understand your thinking.

9. Tiresias

Tiresias Witch 59 NA

Season servers are how this game SHOULD work.

Quests that give meaningful rewards. Gear progression that allows you to feel like you are getting stronger without completely trivializing mid-game content (the early stuff is still trivial, but that's fine). A smooth curve of power increase that introduces you to the systems you use to increase said power.

The game was actually like this very early on, when +15 was the highest enhancement level and it was really, REALLY easy to die to Manes. I had the best experiences in BDO during that time.

Jinoro and MoonDance17 like this.
  10. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i dont need the damn stacks i have tons because im always failing
    last count i think i had like 8 100+ scroll'd stacks

11. shockra

the amount of salty vets because of seasonal is hilarious

12. Boink

I repeat you can never be in front if you are failing continuously. Unlike the cron artist people you hear serving the same lie, "it doesn't average out".

This will be very damaging to a new player. If they have multiple 80fs as I do because I failed multiple Pen Tuvala attempts where is the progression? The only major difference I have is that I have the resources to actually make bets on significantly better equity which doesn't guarantee a win.

For a starting player having 6 slots of full FS with no progression is a bad sign. Considering that is their limit unless they want to buy more player slots

Jinoro, MoonDance17 and Fearless V like this.
  13. Khondo

Agree but most of the time they have bad stacks because they are doing something wrong. Going for TET on a 30 stack, going for PEN on a 60 stack is an easy way to build stacks.

I am happy when I build a 100 stack, for me, they are so hard to get to with the way I enhance.

14. Boink

Most of the time they have bad stacks is because of the playing percentages. 80% to fail Pen Tuvala.

Fearless V and MoonDance17 like this.