1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ive stopped pulling my weapon during red battlefield

Discussion in 'PvP' started by GraveSinger, Nov 17, 2020.

1. reconkangas

How it generally goes, i goto BA stand in an area by myself, usually in q block and wait for someone to come over. 50% of the time its usually some High AP Sh!itter that runs around BA killing everyone interrupting others duals until they hit me and realize they cant break my block with a full combo (gen there 285-290ap). Then most times it ends up in a short dual where they die repeatedly then they run off back to interrupting others duals and killing randoms.
    BUT there are a quite a few that will stop and talk and it may end up in a good match, i can honestly say i meet a LOT of players in a week will ask for a gear match that end up being solid players with really bad luck. But usually now a days its getting harder to gear match when you opponent asks for a gear match and there 281 ap lol (or saying they have 270 when in reality they are closer to 290).

There are a lot of skilled players with Solid sound tactics and knowledge of the game, some have a Very good core understanding of there class and skills. I would say though the skill varies based on how hard they struggled usually you find a back story of REALLY BAD RNG and they learned to use what they have. Can a 269+ap player kill a 600gs player ABSOLUTELY, multiple CC's or grabs getting in damage being able to move quickly have proper add ons for there play style can all showcase a players ability and skill.
    I personally know the above because i am one of these players, super bad RNG , i have had to scratch and claw my way for every piece of gear and advancement, i spent years fighting on arsha for my spots in Aakman and hystria(usually to get wiped over and over in a 1vX by the siege guilds holding the castle) just to have a better drop rate for my time in game.

So to me when i read these thread and see some chump crying about low gear scores that has barely put in the effort i kinda take it personal. I worked through it, took me years to finally be at starting tier end game there is a major difference between 650-675 and 700+ even though i have good gear i still can get clapped like i am a noob. In this game the battle never stops the goal post will keep on moving, better gear and accessories the list goes on and on. Those on the top a year and a half ago that left the game or took a 6 month to a year break thinking they will come back to being on top got a big shock of there lives and found they were almost at the bottom again.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  2. Vanraven

This right here is the problem with the game. Why in the hell should it be considered normal to spend years grinding in a game in order to pvp? I can understand if you were grinding skill, but no its pveing it up for years in order to "pvp". Or as some else mentioned you swiping your credit card to pvp. Either way it doesn't matter because of this reason this game can never be considered a pvp game nor will it ever be successful no matter how hard the developers try.

You can not mix PVP with GEAR dependency or PAY 2 WIN. It will NEVER EVER work.

3. reconkangas

Everyone has there opinions. I however simply don't agree with you.
    If you beleive that there is NO pvp for people with lower gear score you are completely incorrect.

Most of the PVP is done protecting grind spots, a Majority of PVP and GVG is done fighting over low end and mid range grind spots. Areas like pollys, fadus, desert Naga and fogans, bandits, Cresent guardians, Jail ect. Also Aakman is now kinda lumped in there.
    These areas are places that higher geared players specifically 269+ kutum dont goto. I mean one of the most toxic grind spots in the game is Trees majority of people that grind there in groups trying to level guildies. Any high end player that is at trees is generally trying to get the last few % to next level and will grind solo there. Hell I have been attacked more by mobs of 5 mid range players at trees than any other place in the game.

Players can AND will attempt to PvP at any level regardless of there gear. Taking years to progress to higher end gear is one of the aspects that keeps this game alive. The up coming hadum content is one of these and will most likely be extremely contested and faught over by high end players.

If you dont think that BDO is a PvP game then I am guessing your used to playing games were you get 100% geared over a weekend press all hot bar buttons 1,2,3,4,5 and win who ever has a better connection or saw the other 1st wins... than you play for a few weeks and guess what you quit and find another game then the cycle repeats itself.
    BDO is similar to Eve online were it takes YEARS sometimes up to 5 years to build and be on top all of which can be lost in an instant but again a raider can't kill a capital ship solo.
    Just as in BDO a 550 gs player can't kill a 700gs solo.. but hey guess what 5 or 6 might be able too. BDO is not a game you can progress at from low end to end game in weeks. EVEN with a CC if you just sold outfits and nothing else it would cost you around 2700 premium to the tune of over 70k US AND will still take you over a year do to limits on selling outfits 25-35 per week. The other option is RNG and I am sorry to say this but the cost of the above is 10 times that depending on RNG and this will get you bearly over 600GS. This dont include caphras that is gated now, pen accessories anything else that requires grinding , pots, compass, map EVEN ships and ocean content or dream horses.

Yes there are high geared players but a majority of players fall between 560-600 gs anything below 560 can just about be had for next to nothing and soft cap is just about attainable in a few weeks to a month (i.e. capotia earing and ring are a gimmie from simply finishing the quest lines. Getting the tome of wisdom should be a priority.)
    I dont see any problem with games that force progression through years of game play i do however see a problem with entitled gamers thinking it should be given with no effort.

4. Vanraven

Wrong. I KNOW its not a pvp game. You pve 95% of the time in this game. Unlike you, I don't try to delude myself into thinking other wise. When you can explain to me why in a "pvp" game you are doing pve the vast majority of the time then we can have a conversation on the topic.

PS

Tekken 7 is a bowling game because it has a bowling mini game.

ColdCashDivine and Fearless V like this.
  5. Rügenwalder Pommersche

if YOU think everyone pve´s 95% of the time yea no surprise u dont see the pvp aspects i can easily say that about half my active time is spent pvp´ing
    if i would only lifeskill i would also say its a lifeskill game even tho there are many other aspects but hey u KNOW its not a pvp game :)

how would u define a game like league of legends where u kill minions and monster to obtain gold so u can buy items with which u will fight the enemy players

sure sounds a lot like a pve game following ur logic since u know ur doing majority of pve, even the goal of the game is to kill a "pve" structure which sure is defended by players but cant be a pvp game as we now know

what are battle royales for u since u know u spend time looting, "gearing up" to fight some players at the end - must be pve too right

reconkangas, Diazine and IWalkAlone like this.
  6. Vanraven

I can spend all of my time bowling in Tekken 7. So is Tekken 7 a fighting game or a bowling game then?

7. Rügenwalder Pommersche

well ur the one assuming its a pve game cos u CAN spend the time pve´ing
    im just out here asking u what u think about games like league or BR games do they qualify as pvp games to u? Or are those still pve?

IWalkAlone and PeaceInChaos like this.
  8. Mayuri

Is PvE required in order to PvP? Yes.
    Is PvE required in order to be competitive? Yes.
    It seems like you you guys just got diagnosed with an heavily PvE game.

Fateneko and Fearless V like this.
  9. reconkangas

I dont know who you are referring as YOU.. your acting like your some kind of stalker and run around following my every move..

You bring up Tekken 7 as some holy grail.. using your analogy Tekken 7 has a story line technically Tekken 7 is a RPG.. you sit there and assume x char and play the computer over and over again.. but yet its an E-sport has tournaments but I am assuming you brought it up becouse thats your goto for what PVP is.. but yet its an RPG. And you RPG 90% of the time against an AI. But you bring up a mini game to prove your point? That same analogy applies to black spirit adventure so there for BDO is a board game?!!?.

Again you can point out any game and say the same thing.. based on % you can say BDO is a life skill game, day trading simulator(I play the market alot) , investment management game, bartering ocean content sailing game, a Pirate game, an assassin game, yes PVE game AND PVP game.. take your pick choose one I do all of them do i PVP yup a much higher % than all the rest but you know what at least I can choose what I want to do at least I don't wake up turn on a console play Tekken 7 and claim a RPG is true PVP game.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  10. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Did you just do one of the most pepega thing on these forums, and compared BDO to Eve? As someone who has played Eve Online for 10 plus years and has a 90%+ Kill/death efficiency and isk efficiency on both accounts. You are dead wrong. Let me break is down to you.

1. In Eve Online those Capital Ships are not allowed in High Security space where most of the low geared players play. So new players are not going to be facing off against Capital Ships unless they go into Low Sec. or Lawless Space.

2.) In Eve Online a awesome pilot in a T2 Cruiser can and do take down Carriers and Dreadnoughts in 1v1 if the capital ship pilot is bad. In Eve Online people in Frigates can easily destroy garbage people in Cruisers or Battleships if there is a strong difference in mechanical skill.

3.) There are definitive consequences for killing players in High and Low Security space.

4.) Eve Online is actually a PvP centric MMO. Where you can completely Progress your gear by only doing PvP.

Comparing Eve Online and BDO is like comparing the day and the night. To try to do so is folly.

11. Fearless V

Imagine people thinking BDO is a PvP game. When you have less support for PvP in BDO then you do in PvE centric MMORPGs. Damn imainge that.

The proper thing to label BDO.. Is a Korean Grinder Gotcha game with some PvE and PvP aspects to. To say BDO focuses on PvP or PvE when compared to other MMORPGs that actually do, is pretty fool hardy.

sajdas likes this.
  12. reconkangas

Analogy bud.. referencing time.
    Eve is not a game you can log in and be a god over the weekend.
    Even the technology Takes time to learn, there are a lot of similarities between both platforms.

You point out exactly what i was trying to explain because the same thing can happen here in BDO...

"In Eve Online a awesome pilot in a T2 Cruiser"-----In BDO a awsome player in X class (pick one IN A TRIAL)

"Can and do take down Carriers and Dreadnoughts in 1v1 if the capital ship pilot is bad".------ Can and will kill a re roll or a Bad PvPr (Biohack) <-- good example who he himself is not afraid to say he sucks at PVP.

"Online people in Frigates can easily destroy garbage people in Cruisers or Battleships if there is a strong difference in mechanical skill."
    This last part says it all in every game there is something.. BDO is gear... EVE its Skills.. How long does it takes to learn all of skill in eve with balanced attribute. Takes at least 25 years, assuming there's no skills introduced before 2026

Can you PVP before in EVE yup, Can you kill stuff if your good YUP..are there ways that someone takes punishment for killing noobs in BDO absolutely bad Karma lose Gems and gear if killed. OF course EVE and BDO are worlds apart in both concept and play style BUT how dare i compare BDO to EVE I think i just did, in reference to what my over all post was referring too and with your help i filled in the last piece.

Edit: Oh i forgot to mention like BDO if you cant grind it out or wait time in GAME with EVE grab that credit card you can Whale there as well

#112 reconkangas, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:45 PM
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 3:50 PM
  13. reconkangas

Comparing Eve Online and BDO is like comparing the day and the night. To try to do so is folly.[/QUOTE]

Analogy bud.. referencing time.
    Eve is not a game you can log in and be a god over the weekend.
    Even the technology Takes time to learn, there are a lot of similarities between both platforms.

You point out exactly what i was trying to explain because the same thing can happen here in BDO...

"In Eve Online a awesome pilot in a T2 Cruiser"-----In BDO a awsome player in X class (pick one IN A TRIAL)

"Can and do take down Carriers and Dreadnoughts in 1v1 if the capital ship pilot is bad".------ Can and will kill a re roll or a Bad PvPr (Biohack) <-- good example who he himself is not afraid to say he sucks at PVP.

"Online people in Frigates can easily destroy garbage people in Cruisers or Battleships if there is a strong difference in mechanical skill."
    This last part says it all in every game there is something.. BDO is gear... EVE its Skills.. How long does it takes to learn all of skill in eve with balanced attribute. Takes at least 25 years, assuming there's no skills introduced before 2026

Can you PVP before in EVE yup, Can you kill stuff if your good YUP..are there ways that someone takes punishment for killing noobs in BDO absolutely bad Karma lose Gems and gear if killed. OF course EVE and BDO are worlds apart in both concept and play style BUT how dare i compare BDO to EVE I think i just did, in reference to what my over all post was referring too and with your help i filled in the last piece.

Edit: Oh i forgot to mention like BDO if you cant grind it out or wait time in GAME with EVE grab that credit card you can Whale there as well

Come on.. You spend so much time complaining about every aspect of BDO, We get it you hate BDO.

Between Eve and BDO they are two TOTALLY different platforms, One is an American Concept The other is Korean. You can PVP in Both but IF you dont get subscriptions I.E. if you cant swing Plex guess what your grinding one way or another for ISK to buy that 30 day license...
    So please stop with the holier than thou attitude that you don't do any type of grinding in any other game than BDO Its getting kinda insulting.

14. Fearless V

In Eve Online I can take a 3 month old account that just buy 30 day game time codes. And wreck face with noobs who spend about $100,000 to get a 200,000,000 SP character with Officer fittings on their ship. Meanwhile in BDO a 350GS wouldn't be able to scratch a 600+ GS Whale.

Yes BDO and Eve Online have two competing game design. It's basically the same difference between most Western MMOs vs Korean MMOs. One skill influence PvP more and the other RNG time played or IRL Money influence PvP victories.

Again you can't really compare a Korean Grinder Gotcha game to a PvP focused Western MMO.

15. Fearless V

Quote me saying I hate BDO?
    One, I don't hate BDO, I just dislike it's PvP because it feels very hollow vs Western MMO PvP where PvP is supported.
    Two, I think you are a SIMP for Korean Gotcha games and is blind.
    Three, disliking PvP structure in BDO =/= hating BDO.

16. reconkangas

AND AGAIN WHO IS P2W...

In Eve Online I can take a 3 month old account that just buy 30 day game time codes

Again two totally different platforms...
    Again Grab your Credit card...
    You mention 3 months cuz thats about the time it takes to get to the point for PVP and wow look at that current game play in BDO before PVP is about 3-6 months

BDO we have members of our guild that are above 600GS that GOT BDO FOR FREE AND HAVE NEVER DROPPED A SINGLE DIME IN GAME....

YOU HAVE EVE PLAYERS that have played EVE and dropped NO money in that game yet enjoy it THOUGH they are playing with forced concept of there own TIME to BUY what they need.

IS EVE more PVP orientated SURE. BUT BDO has PVP as well as SO MANY OTHER THINGS you can do to make $$$$ that if you dont want to grind than do dummies.. barter and dummies then PVP, OR Dummies-- passive empire-- PVP...

EVERY MMORPG HAS THE SAME CONCEPT JUST DIFFERENT WAY TO GET THERE, Some games are easier to do certain things, Others when you get there your beyond insane EVE is no exception to this rule being a highly skilled pilot (were you and the other pilot are the same), higher technologies better ship you as a single player will not be able to kill them solo JUST LIKE BDO and EVE's MMO concepts is kinda what i wish BDO had more of I.E. working together.

17. reconkangas

Every time PVP is mentioned you are in here running down BDO in both concept and structure... its like someone stuck you in the butt with a hot poker.

I play BDO because i enjoy it, There are a few things i don't like about BDO (more specifically in the DEV sections specifically bug fixes and balancing) but there are MANY more things i do actually enjoy about it.

You can think of me what you will this is not the 1st Korean MMO i have played it wont be the last because 90% of Western MMO's are garbage.
    At least with a lot of Korean MMO's actually hit the market and not take Cash in advance(crowd funding) and never produce a thing or are still in development YEARS after kickstarters.

Naaa You actually hate BDO, you hate its PVP structure and most things about it all roads in BDO end in PVP one way or another. You work,grind, trade,claw your way for better gear to fight. Obviously you don't ever have to PVP at all in BDO but honestly other than PVE or logging in and talk to friends not doing 1v1, GVG,Siege, node wars ECT why bother building an account.. IF you HATE PVP in BDO there is literally no reason to play BDO at all.

18. Fearless V

Ok you are lost. No point to continue talking to you about this subject.

A.) You had to audacity to tell me I hate BDO even tho I don't.

B.) You firmly believe PvP is the only reason to play BDO. When many other PvE games with PvP in them offer much better impactful PvP than BDO.

19. ColdCashDivine

PvP isn't what you're playing BDO for since it's highly unrealiable and network/fps/class dependent

Fearless V likes this.
  20. Rügenwalder Pommersche

always funny when others tell you why u play or shouldnt play a certain game

Fearless V likes this.