1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January 2019 Popularity Poll & Other Messages

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I should point out that this is a "Popularity Poll" for voting on suggestions that have come forth from other, unlike a "Survey" which is crafted to aggregate feedback on a subject. The difference can be noted by their construction, notations in the survey details, and how the results are presented.

Popularity Polls give voting weights to submitted entries to show more effectively which ideas were more or most popular, and the results are displayed as "weighted stars" next to that entry in the main index.

Surveys are displayed graphically in separate results pages to show consensual view leans on particulars within a subject.

Whitrix and Catastigma like this.
  2. seanas

wow, so many 'I do not support' choices from me this time around. Thanks, as always, for the work in putting this together, even if I don't agree with most of the proposals!

Stillwaters likes this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I enjoyed the format of this poll: many occasions to express myself while not spending forever reading every proposition, @Andaro , great job here !

Stillwaters likes this.
  4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Arigato gozaimas.

We will still release "content surveys" that focus on a specific topic, but as those take more "crafting" they will be fewer and further between for better quality, and potential more impact, versus popularity polls, which are simply broad community votings.

We would like to have a goal of at least 500 participants or higher for popularity polls, and currently we are at 172 at the time of this message. The goal number is high so that there is proper weighting, so help in spreading the word to our fellow players is much appreciated.

And my apologies that the PopPolls are a bit long, but it was an evil necessity to move forward far enough through the entries so as not to fall to far behind.

We *could* increase the size of the polls and catch up faster, but we would want to enable sign-in requirement so you could save your progress and finish at your convenience.........I'm open to input on this matter.

Tokigare and Smileybones like this.
  5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

*Update*

A test broadcast message was sent out this morning to test the new tool on a large scale setup.
    If you have signed up for the new Broadcast Feature and did not receive the following message,
    please get with me on discord Andaro#7516 or join us in the server and we'll get you setup
    https://discord.gg/WsJpAMg

The message you will have received would look something similar to this
    upload_2019-1-10_6-53-20.png

upload_2019-1-10_6-53-41.png

upload_2019-1-10_6-54-20.png

(bot name and avatar will be different based on your unique setup)

6. The_Peacekeeper

The_Peacekeeper The_Peacekeeper Witch 61 EU

Thank you for the hard work. I'm wondering, there are several popular and important suggestions that never got implemented. What happens to these suggestions since you have more direct contact?

7. Dremlock

did you pass on my feedback that I would like us to be able to be fatter?

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  8. _Kae_

That would be nice if they did make a revamped character creation mode. Especially more options for hair style, body, maybe tattoos, etc.

Dremlock likes this.
  9. Dremlock

true, but i don't want to make my request complicated.

Just one thing at a time. Increased fattness. very simple. very easy. Very little time investment. Make it happen, PA.

10. _Kae_

That is probably for the best. I'm definitely all for it.

Edit : btw, I participated in the poll but was wondering how do we make it so our suggestions show up on the next month poll? Do we just post in these poll threads and some are chosen?

#30 _Kae_, Jan 12, 2019 at 8:46 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 1:30 PM
  11. _Kae_

Also wanted post a couple other suggestions that are probably (?) easy to incorporate. If this is the right place to post them.

-increased character body customization sliders / fatter characters

-ability to customize the size of character head, so it is proportionate to body

-more (existing) costumes that can be equipped to other classes

Really appreciate this idea to accept feedback / make polls. While I haven't played in a while, it definitely will be a nice surprise to see what has been added when I come back. Keep up the good work.

12. MMoNoob

tell the company to post this on there twitter bdo new tweet sure more people would do thios if they saw it there