1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Journal not updating Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Gantheral, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

I've noticed for a few weeks now that the journal isn't keeping track of titles obtained or quests completed, while I know the completed quests can be viewed in the quest window it doesn't make any sense why they are not being tracked in the journal I know I have a few months in gaps where I wasn't able to log into the game but it doesn't make any sense why when I came back to the game it's not keeping track of anything, has this been investigated or was it removed, and is there anything on my end I can do to fix this?

@GM Axion , @GM BBrilliant

Attached Files:

SonnyIgor likes this.
  2. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

The issue with this is that the game does not play nicely with the automatically adjusting for daylight savings time on a lot of Windows machines. This problem appears in March when summer time kicks in and goes away again in October when it ends so currently I have no entries within those periods for either this year or last year.

If you disable the automatic adjust and set your pc to your local time manually you will normally find the journal starts working again once you restart the game. This applies to both the personal journal and the guild history.

While this fix would allow me to see the hidden entries in my own journal I don't use it since it seems to also throw off the times for marketplace last sold items for me.

#2 Gharlane, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  3. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

Okay thank you @Gharlane as crazy as that is, they really should figure out way to fix that to where people don't have to manually set there clocks on their pc so people can leave it automatic set based off that persons timezone. It is weird that they wouldn't have figured out a fix for this by now too.

Metalharpey likes this.
  4. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

5. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

I don't think it was actually ever looked into by them, otherwise they could have implemented a patch in one of the updates to fix this problem, other mmo's are scripted to not have this problem with their quest logs or journals. I don't see why Black Desert Online has to be any different, and why they can't address the problem with auto time and zone syncing between client and servers. Oh and according to @GM Dew it was fixed however there does not appear to be any difference or change since the time of his post in the old forum thread.

Metalharpey likes this.
  6. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Hey there!

We have received a few reports and are currently aware that some players may be experiencing this issue once again. We do understand that it can be a bit frustrating to not have the journal updated correctly and I can assure you that this is being looked into by our team. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!

Gantheral likes this.
  7. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

Thank you for looking into this issue @GM Haliaeetus for a moment I thought maybe this issue was being swept under the rug, though I do understand that these things take time to fix as it's priority list based.

8. Vanadiel

My journal, both personal and guild, has not been updating for months.
    I figured it was normal and a feature they abandoned.
    I guess it's a known issue instead.

Metalharpey likes this.
  9. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

nope, and the issue is being addressed.

#9 Gantheral, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  10. Megta

Megta Archer EU

What do you mean with "some players" and "once again"? This sound like it was fixed some time ago but now it reapeared for some players.
    The bug was never fixed for anyone and exists from day 1.

Metalharpey likes this.
  11. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

as @GM Haliaeetus said it's being looked into, in the original old forum thread there was a temporary fix, and according to @GM Dew it was fixed however the problem does not seem to be changed at all.

12. PanpanTheGreat

PanpanTheGreat Sorceress 61 EU

It was never fixed we just changed time with daylight saving and it was selffixed untill next time change lol. Everyone knows that the problem is coming from how the game is (not) handling time change, i don't know why it's taking so long to fix this.

Metalharpey likes this.
  13. Anthama

it was never fixed, lmao

14. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

yes, yes you are right it was never fixed otherwise I wouldn't have to bring it up again. Now would you like a cookie?
    [​IMG]

#14 Gantheral, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  15. Anthama

Didn't know i was replying to you.

16. Lunafreya

Lunafreya Fleuret Witch 61 EU

To fix the bug, you have to deactivate the options "Set time zone automatically" and "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" in your computer's clock. Then, restart the game. My Journal and Guild History work fine because I deactivated those options.

17. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

that's a temporary fix, and I only found out about it from @Gharlane posting the original thread from the old forums.

Metalharpey likes this.
  18. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

you come into this thread and state the obvious to @GM Haliaeetus which was already known and is being addressed, and then you say
    that weren't replying to me when I was the one who reported this bug for probably the best said the second time around. What kind of response did you expect especially when you state what's already known.

19. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

That's because whoever they have coding their time sync on their servers, doesn't either know what they are doing or really hasn't been informed yet which means it really was swept under the rug because they didn't want to have to fix a problem they knew about.

20. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

I asume part of the reason it has never been fixed is because Korea does not use daylight savings so the issue never appeared there.

Metalharpey and Eques3n like this.