1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Journal not updating Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Gantheral, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

I would believe that @Gharlane that isn't the first time I've been told that, though it doesn't make any sense as to they would code a game that's being sold in other parts of the world with faulty programming.

2. Anthama

i came into this thread that it has been always broken and never was fixed in the first place

#22 Anthama, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2017
    Metalharpey likes this.
  3. Vanadiel

I am wondering how DST settings can cause game code to break. All they do is adjust for DST. Does a manual adjust for DST have the same effect on the journal?
    It is bizarre if that is what the issue is...

4. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

it's probably because they have everything set to a specific timezone like UTC and that's why certain things reset, and why the guild journal and personal journal don't sync properly with the timeline of events per that day.

5. Vanadiel

Yes, I understand that portion. But, my journal has been totally empty since month #3 of this year.
    If anything I would expect the events to be recorded and displayed, just at an incorrect time stamp.
    Instead they are not being recorded or displayed at all.

Metalharpey likes this.
  6. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

yeah that is because the temporary fix that does work involves turning your automatic DST setting off on your computer clock and manually setting the time, which you should not have to do in the first place, honestly I've never seen a MMO where that had to be done except for Black Desert Online.

#26 Gantheral, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Metalharpey likes this.
  7. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

So this is just an update I've noticed that since the September 27th,2017 patch that the clock on my pc is setting back by an hour even with me manually setting the time, every time I enter Black Desert Online, this would be fine if I live in someplace like Arizona but I don't so this is a problem while I'm not sure if it's related to this bug I figured it would be worthwhile to report this to @GM Haliaeetus

Current Correct time 10:54AM
    Time Set by Black Desert Online: 9:54AM
    These times are based off of -08:00 UTC

Edit for correction: So after reviewing I have decided to attach an additional screenshots of the issue, I have noted that when I turn on the settings the time on my pc syncs fine and does not set an hour back even when manual time is adjusted in or out of Black Desert Online. However the problem with the Personal Journal and the Guild Journal still exists of not appearing, and syncing as when the clock is set to automatic time sync versus manually time syncing which is setting the time back by an hour automatically on my pc which it should not being doing so. clock settings.jpg
    2017-09-28_1987468.JPG

#27 Gantheral, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    GM Haliaeetus likes this.
  8. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

I've attached this thread to the open report, so if you believe that any information would benefit our investigation, feel free to add it here so our QA team can quickly be aware of it.

Gantheral likes this.
  9. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

Will do as I obtain more information about this issue.

Edited for added information: after further review I've discovered that the problem is not just with Black Desert Online but there appear to be a problem with the time adjustment date and time with Windows 10 I've attached a screenshot displaying the information that I've came across. feedback clock hub .jpg

#29 Gantheral, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  10. Vanadiel

11. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

it's possible, however I still believe the two problems are connected between the time setting for windows 10 and the Black Desert Online client, and yes I wouldn't expect Windows 7 x64 would have any problems with the windows clock it's a been out longer and had most of the bugs fixed, Windows 10 x64 is bit newer after all so I am pretty certain it has a lot of bugs still.

Metalharpey likes this.
  12. CombatKiller

CombatKiller CombatKiller Mystic 61 NA

hmm, why isnt this fixed yet?

13. Vanadiel

You can sorta get it to work if you open your journal and the guild jornal at the same time. You will see the events, but with many repetitions of the same event over and over again.

I would say this is a bug with the client and has nothing to do with the clock settings.

Clearly it is recording, just not displaying properly or recording properly, or both.
    Has been months now, this should be fixed.

14. Alucardo

Alucardo Lahn EU

still nothig new about this?

15. Vanadiel

This still does not work properly. How long does it take to investigate this?
    Fix this instead of doing another Pearl shop update.

Metalharpey likes this.
  16. Deadly_Poison

Srsly, fix this please.
    All the progress of 03/04 has not been saved; and also many others.

I usually did not pay much attention to the journal, but lately about some enchantments I was watching; and I realized the problem.

17. Lunafreya

Lunafreya Fleuret Witch 61 EU

This problem can be fixed by disabling every option in the Clock settings and manually introducing the time.

If you disable "Set time automatically", "Set time zone automatically" and "Adjust time for daylight savings time automatically", the journal will work.

18. BurningReflex

BurningReflex Eratia Berserker 62 EU

Though a possible nice solution, it shouldn't be like that :P

Deadly_Poison likes this.
  19. Vanadiel

Another patch, and still not fixed.
    Can you at least confirm you are still investigating this, or have you totally forgotten about this and don't care anymore?

20. BurningReflex

BurningReflex Eratia Berserker 62 EU

They stopped caring about 2 years ago when this bug was first reported :P

Metalharpey likes this.