1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just making sure we are on the same page

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MoZex, May 18, 2018.

1. Iroha

Iroha Oregairu Musa 61 EU

PvP is now purely based on gear and RNG cc resistance. Whereas before gear made little difference after a point (soft-cap) and skill allowed lower gear players to outplay the stronger players.

How is that heading in the right direction in terms of gameplay?

Ditia, TheBadMan and Decem like this.
  2. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Hi Hi, Baroncell :D Thanks you are the bestest~

Baroncell likes this.
  3. Backpackface

thanks whale for ruining the game your the best

4. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

If I were a whale I wouldn't be playing this game, because you can't actually pay to win in it X'D.

Baroncell likes this.
  5. Backpackface

if my skill level is X, and my time invested is X and I pay 100$ and my opponents skill level is also X and his time invested is X and he paid 1000$. We are both the same class. Who is going to win?

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

sure you can.
    but it is very well disguised.
    you earn shitload of silver more if you "invest" in various cash shop items and the combos are really something.
    then there are artisans, where the guy who doesnt pay for them repairs 75% slower.
    lets not even speak about pets and specialized pets, maids, tent and other crap. :D

7. Backpackface

if it wernt for artisan memories i honestly wouldnt care so much i cant even repair my gear to upgrade because im devalueing my silver at 1/4th of its worth because i refuse to buy such an over the top P2W item

8. Ascaeldor

Ascaeldor Ascaeldor Musa 62 EU

How is that possible? What am I missing?
    upload_2018-5-19_4-0-35.png

9. clangpicky

Ascaeldor likes this.
  10. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Wikia NA

I disagree. Many classes lost their identity, and have become bland damage dealers. This has made the game even more generic. In mass PvP, players are now limited to 2 or 3 safe skills to use (some even less) with little opportunity for any creativity outside of smaller skirmishes. Melee has felt the brunt of this more so than ranged or classes with ranged options. There's no outplay potential left to an engagement without safe engage aside from "I hope my ball is bigger than their ball". More players means more CC, and CC wins.

In smaller scale, RNG CC has made the game far less reliable. With super armor and multi hit CC, I could be relatively certain when I could use an unprotected ability to get a quicker CC in. It's far less intuitive now, making combos all but meaningless if they get a lucky resist.

In general, their method of balancing has left many players dreading the next patch for fear it may kill their class or strip more mechnics from the game. It's incredibly apparent that these patches are rushed and not nearly tested enough, with new game breaking bugs and hilariously awful unintended consequences (lol, protected abilities with flows are unprotected on flow cast). This has disenfranchised many, and has led to some big names quitting the game altogether out of sheer frustration. The absolute worst part about all of this is that it could have been avoided entirely had they pulled the changes back and worked on them internally instead of rushing out patch after sloppy patch.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying change didn't need to happen. Change is fine, but what we're getting is poorly tested garbage that fundamentally alters the game in a way that doesn't address the actual problems the game was facing. Their actions also contradict their stated goals. "We don't like the 1 combo meta, but we're introducing infinite downsmash and allowing your CC immunity to tick down while you're CC'd, allowing you to be combo'd for even longer than before". "There is a gear gap, but we're going to reward the geared players with even more stats".

Their promises also feel very hollow. Many people don't care that "it will get better" like they keep promising. A lot of them have already lost faith and have moved on. It's idiotic that I feel trying to learn the new system is a waste of time because it's going to be in flux for more than a damn month. It's stupid that we have real concerns that have been talked about since the launch of the Renown patch that have yet to be addressed (like infinite downsmash, how they'll fix the gear gap, why certain classes were gutted, context on certain changes, a detailed vision of how they want PvP to function...). They could alleviate some of those concerns with some answers, yet they haven't.

#30 Hacksaw, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Iroha, Eurodrake, MoZex and 3 others like this.
  11. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Gee, I don't know, let me take out my handy RNG dye and take a gander for ya!

You see that's the point. This game's core mechanics for advancing your character relies heavily on RNG. Ya you know that cancer retarded enhancement system they have? The thing that makes your character stronger? All RNG, failstacks be damned. Now if you want to circumvent all of that you can just do what a lot of people do and just buy the stuff. But the beauty of Trash Desert Online is that you don't need to buy stuff from the pearl shop to make billions. And you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on artisans memories for durability repair either.

Baroncell likes this.
  12. SkullMonkey

T800 likes this.
  13. SkullMonkey

People need to stop viewing "P2W" as a black and white thing. Just like all aspects of life there are shades of gray. So lets grade BDO on a scale. Currently it's about a 5 or 6/10 on the P2W scale. If you can't see that you're simply naive. Using artisan memories excellerates your gains X4 reduces the time and money it takes X4 don't believe me go watch Lazy Peon's break down of the negatives of BDO and he does the math for you.

14. Decem

You dont even know about cron energy. Awesome. Lets keep talking about game mechanics and lets pretend you know what you are talking about.

#34 Decem, May 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
  15. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 62 NA

If they have cron energy thats what you're missing.

Ascaeldor likes this.
  16. Ascaeldor

Ascaeldor Ascaeldor Musa 62 EU

Ty for clarifying, I didn't know, that you were able to add cron energy on PEN-items as well.

17. clangpicky

cron energy isn't even in our version so it didn't occurr to me

18. Decem

But you always pretend like you know everything.

19. Columba

didn't you quit? Lol

20. Decem

I never said that i quit, you must be confused by quoting 154123 people and asking them if they quit, LOL.
    Make a spreadsheet, LOL.