1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kakao no longer bans bots and hackers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by HayamaLinnus, Aug 31, 2018.

1. HayamaLinnus

I have no idea why kakao is not banning people anymore but there has been very well known sailors, hunters, and grinders that have been caught botting/hacking on twitch, which led people to submit a storm of tickets and yet these people are still not banned. They are still botting on the same spot. People have been actively tracking these people down, taking videos, and submitting tickets to no avail. They keep botting because they don't get banned.
    Other people have high artisan sailing (8+) which is completely impossible to do without speed hacks etc.
    Not to mention, processing bots, blatant gathering bots, etc etc still going on.

Isteria, Galatia and Nixie_AU like this.
  2. Sheneria

Whales/streamers that spent a lot of money on the game are free to do what every they want. Welcome to Kakao Games 2018.

3. HayamaLinnus

It's not the streamers that are hacking. They found hackers and bots and asked the chat to send in tickets.

4. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Special shout out for a certain hunter who bots his hunting on Invernen island

Isteria, Nixie_AU and HayamaLinnus like this.
  5. FunkD

What's the point in banning anything that gives an advantage in this game besides defending Pearl Abyss's wallet? Your not defending any integrity of the gameplay given the current state of things, in case you didn't realize this. The only difference in categories of "hackers" now are those who gain unfair advantages in this game who pay a 3rd party for it, or those who swipe in the Pearl Shop and pay PA for it.

Real talk.

Allan1985 likes this.
  6. Sibyyl

Dear forum friend,

Do you know what is integrity worth?

:)

7. Asterotis

#7 Asterotis, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  8. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

When did he leave?

9. Asterotis

Last year actually, he went to work on bringing A:IR over to NA/EU with a few other former CM/GMs, I believe Atheon went too as that was the last I've heard of him before he just, up and left D:

#9 Asterotis, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    HayamaLinnus likes this.
  10. HayamaLinnus

Now all the CM and GM left are ineffective at doing anything. Sad

11. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

Welp, exactly this is the problem. And it's baffling that people don't realize this because it's fairly simple:

Whilst they implemented a very expensive p2w mechanic (probably the worst real life money sink I've ever got to see in any game so far), where the amount of real money you spend is determined with how bad your rng is, on the other hand, you have the botters and the exploiters that amass billions of silver and they do for free what your average simpleton will do with a wallet. You have to be absolutely braindead to pay for an expensive advantage that someone gets for free and he's not even punished for it. If they actually took action against botters and hackers I'd be like, maaaaybe the devs should be supported for their hard work after all, but under the real circumstances of people doing whatever they want ingame, what makes people who melt costumes for crones the dumbest of the dumb is that they're doing it to compete with cheaters who can do it for free, who are all about finding new exploits and who are laughing in their face right now. Because they're the ones who have an unlimited supply of silver.

At this point I think it's the funniest thing in the world because I will no longer be playing bot disaster online, but these cron apologists not letting us spread awareness on the forums and telling us to shut up and leave so that some naive new player that just stumbled upon this title gets scammed as well is sad, sad, sad. Some of the more aggressive ones probably even are exploiters who want people to stay and pay, so that they can keep the status quo which is in their favor.

12. Hortalr~

13. Astounding

Actually, i support botters and hackers, whatever reduces Kakao income is awesome.

14. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

someone should openly use chests in the public and spam world chat to make fun of kakao

15. Allan1985

A:IR gonna be the new BDO, and 2 years after release full p2w for everyone!!! YAY!!!

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

who would play anything published by this company ever again, even if they hired angelina jolie to promote it on streams

17. Allan1985

sadly many will, the mmo industry right now is 95% korean companies with this same bussiness model...i would never tought i would say this but i think i will end up playing Wow....

18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

maybe many will, who knows, but i doubt it will be people who played bdo.

19. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

After doing some research and realizing that the games that have most player friendly business models still thrive and p2w titles go to **** - I think players will be perfectly fine.

Some will be bamboozled into playing A:IR, but that's all part of growing up as a customer of online goods I guess.

I would still play Korean mmo's, but on private servers only.

20. AlwaysSaltyAF

People are really botting/hacking still? Discord me some pics/vids of the new cheaters. AlwaysSaltyAF#2365

Can't have people botfarming caphras. No sir.