1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kakao, please refrain from posting any more Dev Diaries

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, May 16, 2018.

1. OptimusPrime

No one's in the mood for those.

No one cares for it as well.

Thanks.

If PA sends one to you to publish, just email back with the phrase "알겠습니다!!!!!" and just delete that diary. Save everyone time and grief.

Hamashiach and T800 like this.
  2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Sigh people CRIED rivers for months and months because game makers don't communicate enough according to them, and now they're not "in the mood" ?

I'm just speechless.

Balmafra likes this.
  3. Stabby

PA please keep posting dev diaries. Ignore the original poster. Kthanksbya.

4. OptimusPrime

We asked for communication. Not irrelevant statements.

Communication goes something like this:

Community: "wizard op plz nerf"
    PA: "heard ya loud and clear. we decrease their damage and increase their tp cd."
    Community: "ty. we buy pearls."

Irrelevant statements goes something like this:

PA: "hi we decided to add in renown system because WE felt like it."
    Community: "but why"
    PA: "so the strongest people in the game can have an easier time defending and one-shotting everyone else. here, read this long essay on why we implemented something that no one asked for."

Reebo, nethkhadar, Mesuka and 3 others like this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

The fact that you disagree with what they say and what they decide doesn't make what they do not communicating. Honestly people like you make the whole community look like angry entitled children.

And guess how you deal with children.

6. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

they're not communicating though, have you seen what's happening..?

this dev diary is like a mad-man's blog if you ask me, it's completely detached from reality and it doesn't consider or listen to anyone

7. OptimusPrime

Ignore that guy, he simply doesn't get it.

He thinks we're just here to stir **** up.

Like everyone here is angry about all this just because.

"yea~~ let me buy this game so i can hate it~~ hnngggg i want to hate this game so much hnnngggg"

The fact is they messed up. And we reacted. Rightly so. End of story.

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Yeah just ignore people who disagree with you and don't address their points, way to prove you're not an angry entitled child.

I'm not denying that you reacted and why, but telling them to stop communicating even more after months of baby rage begging for communication, is just plain stupid.

9. Atron

"We want Devs to communicate with us. Explain what you are planning in the future and so on!!"

*PA starts posting dev plans and actually communicating with community*

"PA stop posting, stop communicating ... thanks!!!!"

What the fck is wrong with you people?

Ozendec and Smileybones like this.
  10. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

More like "Read this essay that doesn't explain anything actually. It however is well written so it will please anyone who likes nice adjectives and nouns that convey a thoughtful response even though you actually didn't write anything of substance.

Maybe PA should actually show their math about why the changed things. I see these long flowery non-statements from each one. I don't know about the rest of you but I believe transparency is actually something like this:

We found from our numbers and player feedback that Protected Area was too strong. So after some internal testing and input from the community we decided to make Protected Area have a debuff attached to the skill that makes it so you cannot stack it consecutively. It became apparent that entire battles in node war were decided by Protected Area rotations instead of careful planning,tactics, and strategy. During this time that this change is implemented we will continue to monitor the situation and collect feedback if the changes don't effect Node Wars positively we will revert it to normal and go back and work on some other idea related to Protected Area. *insert relevant graphs and video examples of the issue and then insert video and stats relevant to the change throughout the post*

That is how actual transparency looks. If you don't explain your reasoning in a meaningful way and back your reasoning with actual data we assume you aren't actually listening to us. It is akin to just giving your math teacher the answer to the problem and not showing your work. You are going to get marked down for it.

Flowery nice words are meaningless*

*Without proper data and reasoning.

Better yet if you can actually designate a specific channel to PTR that has perma extra life,skill, and combat XP to incentive players to actually test your changes while you have the PTR up. While the specific instance I gave in my hypothetical wouldn't be able to be tested on that channel unless it was a 1 channel(Maybe open up Kamasylvia to node wars and have it tested on there and during NW time and then activate those buffs on kama 2 until the nodewar has concluded.)
    @CM Kabz
    Hopefully this suggestion could be collected as feedback for Pearl Abyss. While it is a fairly harsh criticism; it is in my opinion very constructive.
    Many people are apprehensive about changes because of how vague the wording is in each round of patch notes. Maybe outline changes specifically and give ideas you are toying with in a meaningful way. It would be a very good change

EDIT:Clarifications. PA could be interpreted as Pearl Abyss or Protected Area so I spelled both of them out to make it easier.

#10 RysingCrow, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    OptimusPrime likes this.
  11. OptimusPrime

And they can sweet talk all they want. They may fool some of us, but others like me who's been around can cut right through their bs like Superman's x ray vision through Lois Lane's change room at a Victoria's Secret store. I can smell PR from a mile away. Take a look at what they said on his dev diary:

"We won't make abrupt decisions" - Pretty sure this week's half-assed, half-patch of a patch is pretty abrupt. Anyone who had pvp for the first time after the patch was pretty surprised. If that isn't an abrupt decision, I don't know what is.

"Aim to bring changes that will be more acceptable to all" - Based on what? Where's the suggestion thread that said this whole "lets take out all the SA" was a good idea? Where's the widely accepted, agreed and liked upon discussion about implementing this renown system? Based on your bs. That's what. Who's this "all" you were referring to at the end of the sentence? Pretty sure we're not the audience you were referring to.

"additional global communication channel" - brb you broke my ******** meter. Gotta go get a new one. I'll write this one down. I'll put this right up there with the "Siege Monitoring Team". My marketing prof just called - he said an academic tenure can be negotiated with whoever came up with that.

"so that we can be more receptive to the various feedback from all users" - What? lol? Is this community too quiet? Where the fk were you the past 3 years? You can't find the suggestions forum? We're not voicing our concerns hard enough? Are the first three pages of constant crying over how messed up things are not enough? "Global Communication Monitoring Team" when?

Again, this is not communicating. This is an exercise in PR. They're just words, carefully manipulated by a PR guy.

I'd go through the whole dev diary but it'll require a lecture hall.

So yea, you can stop with the dev diaries.

Sad thing is typing this out is actually more fun and creative then the actual game right now. It's either afk in-game or flop around the ground trying to engage in some "improved pvp"

#11 OptimusPrime, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    nethkhadar and RysingCrow like this.
  12. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

I plan on making a video over the entire subject.

13. OptimusPrime

Please and good luck.

There are tons of material. You can literally close your eyes and click on a random CM reply and go "that's some good baseless bs right here"

The good thing about that is that it's entirely their mistake. And they messed up trying to fix things. Multiple times. Those are the best stuff to work with. You use their own words against them. It's their turd and all you have to do is grab their head, face it to that direction, point and say "bad dog"

The bad thing about that is that they fkd up this game.

Send it to invenglobal, they love a juicy article.