1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kamasylvia Fan Art Contest!

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Aethon, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Nadin

OHH I love it <3 Traditional works are so super stunning! Don't give up :)

nickymonster likes this.
  2. eitheldin

Very nice :)
    I like that it's in black and white.

nickymonster likes this.
  3. Nadin

Thanks :) I just hadn‘t time to color it tho XD but yeah b&w is okay as well

midgard229 likes this.
  4. eitheldin

Yw :)

haha ok well, it came out great :)

5. midgard229

Soooooooo nice

Nadin likes this.
  6. Ivory_Vess

Well I personally just had fun doing it and seeing what everyone else came up with..I normally do traditional art, so sketching everything out onto gimp, with my mouse, and messing around with that, was fun... It kinda got me into wanting to take a shot at digital art. I spent maybe 1 hour cleaning up the sketch before I realized, I could just start over on top of a new layer. Then later I learned, that just using a black outline can make it look kinda weird. XD I don't have a scanner or anything. so taking a picture of it would be kinda awkward to me. because of a possible finger in the picture or a dramatic shadow.

nickymonster likes this.
  7. GreenSkadi

@Felyni I love your Aquarell piece, I work with Aquarell too and know how difficult it can be and how punishing it is to make mistakes while working with it! The trees came out great, how did you do the wood pattern, is that pencil or maybe an Ink marker?
    Great work on the Heilang as well, very nicely done! :D

I "finished" my artwork 20 minutes before the deadline, still would have wanted to add so much to it (like the pattern on the elk head...) would have also liked to experiment more with some lighting, but yeah, no time for that, still happy with the outcome all in all.
    Not sure if I should have stuck with the darker version I was going with in the WIP pic...

[​IMG]

Anybody else wants a glowy tree seed pet, or one instead of the guiding fairy...? I just find them so pretty. :3

8. midgard229

Sounds like carpal tunnel life without a tablet lol

9. midgard229

So glad you got to finish it! it looks awesome!

10. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 56 NA

Love the detail, and the little fairies! They came out so nicely.

Watercolor is def unforgiving...I am so used to Oil paint, that i kept working the watercolor like it was oil paint(huge nono) and it just wasn't having it.

It was def fun, but i think ill have to keep my next watercolor a bit more simple lol.
    I did all the "finer detailing" with Faber-Castell ink pens.

11. Ivory_Vess

oh man.. after I was done, my eyes were on fire, from staring at the screen for so long. I could defiantly see having problems in the future if I keep doing it that way. what's a good starter tablet?

midgard229 likes this.
  12. nickymonster

13. midgard229

The bamboo series is good for starters, or the very one they are offering for a prize. I like big ones so you can try to get the Intous Wacom series, the older ones so you save money