1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. yungluke222

yungluke222 Kunoichi 61 NA

I am not one to ***** too much but god damn im tired of this system being in the game. Its getting out of hand this has been an issue for a very long time. We as your player base have brought this issue up numerous times about how unbalanced, unfair, redundant and contradictive to black desert as a whole this system is. This game is about pvp you encourage open world pvp yet in the same breath you turn around and contradict yourselves by implementing a system that punishes people for doing it. The question has been asked before directly to you devs what are you supposed to do if someone is griefing your spot your reply was flag on them and fight for your spot. But yet when we do that we are the ones who loose out on everything im getting sick of grinding at my spot ive had for over an hour or more to be griefed by karma bombing with absolutely no penalty to the person doing said tactic just for me to end up red losing very expensive crystals for doing exactly what you guys told us to do to defend our spot. What kinda sense does that make. The game is a very heavy pvp focused game why are we being punished for doing that? So we just have to give up our spot that we've had for hours because we cant do anything about karma bombers.
    I honestly don't understand the logic or why you haven't done anything about it when you know its a huge problem. This **** is dumb man and adding new and better spots doesn't make the problem go away either its a band aid fix for a recurring problem. The system as a whole needs to go away if you cant defend your spot then you loose it if you don't have the gear to defend your spot you more then likely shouldn't be there to begin with. Arsha does not solve that problem either because its only one server and limited spots in the high end areas where players entering end game gear levels grind at. eventually what will happen is you will quite literally run out of spots and you'll do nothing but fight 24/7 defeating the entire purpose of grinding. It shouldn't be limited to one server where people are allowed to fight to defend there spot form griefers. Its not fair for the person defending because they are the only ones who receive penalties for defending something they earned. That's like someone breaking into your house trying to rob you blind and the police taking you to jail for beating they're ass or shooting them, in your own home that you paid for. So you just have to let them rob you because your gonna get punished if you don't. The sad part is at least in real life you have the option to call the police. In black desert who do we call when were being robbed of our spot due to karma bombers?

2. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Get better gear to outgrind or just cc them to die to mobs.

3. yungluke222

yungluke222 Kunoichi 61 NA

that does not solve the problem man once again that is a band aid fix and saying just get better gear is the dumbest thing ive heard in ages. as if just getting better gear is such a simple matter at the end game gear lvls yea just go get a pen buddy its no sweat you know. that 16 bil is no thing just go buy it. matter fact just go enhance it drop that 10 bil on crons and hope you get that lucky 5 % chance. come on man that nonsense man either support the thread or take that outlook somewhere else because you aren't helping.

Silent83 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  4. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

"my spot" still in 2020. :D:o

5. TeRRoRibleOne

Well you used to lose EXP on pvp death but people cried too much so they took it away. The dev in charge of that said something along the lines it was barbaric and she no longer works for the company. Pearl Abyss doesn't take recommendations from the community, that has been apparent for years at this point. The easiest solution would be to make the person respawn at the nearest city but nope, they think the node is far enough. They also never talk of the issue of guildless people or people who are in undeccable guilds doing griefing tactics to take a spot. Why? Cause they literally don't care about their playerbase, they just care about the money you provide them. Hell, if you talk negatively about PA in Korea you run the risk of them suing you.

Mana_Mafia, flukeSG2 and MoZex like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

i love how its usually the same classes complaining about this mechanic. and ye, most of them are usually very very suited for 1v1. :D

personally, i dont remember last time i was karmabombed.

7. sajdas

last time i checked spots does not belong to anyone. if you kill someone in duel or just flag on him, it just that - him dying to you in a pvp combat nothing more and nothing less, which does not effect pve at all unless there was an agreement between the players. open world pvp is usually a gear check anyway so i dont really see a reason for the enemy player to leave just because you think killing him will make him leave.
    "karmabombing" is not a real thing even if the developers will say it exist (actually they did), there is no bomb you throw on the enemy that make him lose karma, it self inflicted so you can maybe call it karma suicide at best :D.

i do think few more arsha servers with out the additional loot buff will be very welcomed. and also make it so dying in arsha servers to the same person/guild twice will put a respawn time (which grow with each death to the same guild/player) and force the player to respawn at towns instead of safe zones, also no elion tears in arsha servers.

just like strong players exploit the gear mechanics of the game to give them easy win on the enemy, weak enemies exploit the karma mechanics of the game to fight back. the only difference here is that as a strong player you can use both the method of gear and karma (as well as outgrinding them) to "win over" the spot.

cant really call it a pvp game when 90% of the play time is either pve or life skill, usually both.

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

thing is, duel for spot is a valid way to settle things....

...IF both parties agree to it. thats what most people dont get. its an agreement. noone really has an obligation to accept the terms/duel. some guilds might enforce the rule on its member, some might not, but thats another matter.

9. Catastigma

upload_2020-8-11_18-13-16.png

as long as the PA does not decide to force Go to Town after a Pvp death.

it will never be fixed.

Suggestion suggest more than hundred times in 5 years.

In short. Go Arsha if you can't have the patience to win a battle of patience.
    there are many ways to manage your karma. remove pieces of armor before one tab a guy. Grind faster to counter-square the cost. There is a way to do 1 kill every 3-5 min depending on where you grind.

#9 Catastigma, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  10. woots

Imagine players knowing karma rules, and still blaming the one they are repeatively pking to be the responsible of their own action => karma loss.
    And imagine in 2020 still thinking flag usage would lead you to a pve grind spot control.

11. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Just add more PVP servers and add pure PVE servers (like the season servers). Some people just don´t want to do PVP and considering the massive imbalance of gear and classes I can´t blame them.

12. ODB3698

You aren't really about that PK life if you don't go to arsha.

RoxiAmbrosia, zeezero, Wodahs and 3 others like this.
  13. LordCrusty

I don't understand when people freak out about the karma system.... both sides know the consequences of doing what they do, If i choose to flag on someone i knowingly and willing accept the fact i will lose karma. Nobody has a weapon on me IRL saying flag on him or else, if you flag on someone don't complain about a choice you knowingly and willingly chose to make.

The other side of this is if a player decides to repeatedly die to someone to grief them they knowingly make that decision and when guilds and parties don't want him/her because of their reputation they have nobody to blame but them self.

With that being said i don't think griefing someone is a good idea if both people have a chance to win because one will end up feeding another to mobs, but if some 600 GS player comes into an area like sausans or fogans to kill new players just to be an idiot the karma system protects the new player and i have no pity on the 600 GS player.

Both sides can argue valid statements that one way hurts the others gameplay, The karma system is in place and while its not perfect "karma bombing" is 100% within the rules of the game and it's the players/community as a whole who have chosen to label the activity a negative action weather good or bad right or wrong it's within the rules of the game.

If you want a spot there is nothing wrong with asking "duel for spot". You would be amazed how far this goes with people if you are respectful. "Hey, you going to be here long? "yes/no?" If they say they are leaving soon just wait a few mins. If they say they plan to stay a while ask to duel for the spot.

If they do not respond or say no you have a choice to make, flag and lose karma or move on.

14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Imagine players knowing karma rules, and still exploiting the lack of PvP death penalty in order to bend others to their will and punish those willing to use game mechanics.
    And imagine in 2020 still having to deal with this same issue that's 3+ years old.

15. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

I appreciate you bringing this up - it's something I've been concerned about for quite some time, even vocal about it in this dump...ahem..."forum". Never-mind the people here trying to distract away from your main point with fluff - the meat of your concern is, not only entirely justified and valid, but has been a major flaw in the Karma System since it was introduced.

The fact of the matter is - This certain act of toxicity (karma-bombing) has zero penalty for the person doing the griefing. If we're grinding a spot and someone shows up trying to grind the mobs in that rotation (AKA taking the rotation / messing it up / being a annoyance / etc.), we as the person who was there first, are left with 3 options: 1) Converse with the person - ask him/her to leave. 2) Flag up / DFS. 3) Share the rotation (no one does this, especially in end-game spots). Oh, and option 4, bend-over backwards, accept you can't do anything about it and give up the rotation (insert sad face emoji here).

Possible solutions:
    A) The Bounty System. This system was teased at Heidel Ball 2020. Hopefully it helps alleviate weak players being griefed by strong players. Can it be implemented to prevent karma-bombing? Maybe.
    B) Death Spawn Timer. I think this would help a lot with this REAL problem (I've experienced this before), taking on the root of it. The reason people Karma-bomb is because they're allowed to = no penalty for removing gear and purposefully dying to another player over and over again, and instant resurrection at a nearby location. A Death Spawn Timer would help by making the person who died repeatedly and purposefully (yes, some people actually remove their gear and purposefully annoy others to coerce them to kill them. This has happened to me before) have a mandatory wait time in order to resurrect, scaling with the amount of consecutive deaths to the same player.

Example: Player A is grinding a rotation in peace, not bothering anyone. Player B comes into rotation and starts killing the mobs. Player A asks Player B to kindly leave, or to wait. Player B completely ignores Player A and continues killing the mobs as if Player A isn't even there. Player A gets frustrated and PK's Player B. Player B returns for vengeance, gets killed again. Player B does this over and over, even removing his/her own gear to die more easily to Player A. If, after each time Player B dies, he/she is met with a Spawn Timer, of say, 5 minutes after dying 2 times in a row, 10 minutes after dying 3 times in a row, 20 minutes after dying 4 times in a row, 40 minutes after dying 5 times in a row, Player B will be highly motivated to NOT return and grief because of the wasted time on their part.

I think something like this would help a lot. It allows for players to successfully defend their spot and for players to successfully divert toxic players away with their own two hands. Sure, maybe you will lose Karma this way (if the Karma sh*tstem is kept as is), but at least you will have successfully defended your spot in a way the game was designed for. You said it yourself, the devs told us to flag, right? Then why do we get punished for it? It's a flawed system and needs fixing as soon as possible. Good topic.

Mana_Mafia, IWalkAlone and flukeSG2 like this.
  16. Keophiroun

Sharing is caring.

Wodahs and Columba like this.
  17. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

That's what Mirumok is for. Solo grind-spots are called solo grind-spots for a reason.

Mana_Mafia and flukeSG2 like this.
  18. Columba

This again. Go to Arsha

Defending oneself and playing the game is not exploiting, son

19. DarkWun

Many people in a world with limited resources.
    Greed compels some to kill others in a competition for said limited resources.
    Consequences to one's actions.

RoxiAmbrosia and Jinoro like this.
  20. Naho

Ah **** , here we go again. 2020 and ppl still think when they find a spot , it belong to them.