1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Vortexii

It's funny to see peoples definition of "bullying"
    Essentially, it just defined as any time they lose their opponent is bullying.

My opponent is abusing the game mechanics and bullying me!!!

What are they doing?

They keep using the built in game mechanic to respawn then they return to their grinding spot.

Absurd, how could they be so rude!!!

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

And stronger players being criminals that force player kill supposed to lose karma. You are forcibly killing another player you pay in Karma. That's game mechanics. If you want to play a full loot or permanent death game. This is the wrong game for you. Rust is ---> way!

What you are looking for is to be able to player killing with impunity. That's not going to work out on the non-Arsha channels. Because of the same reasons you don't want to grind on the Arsha channel.

3. zhagsten

You don't win fights and you stay? Filthy karmabomber!

Be afraid of the naked people!

4. Kymaera

Exactly. The problem is they made the game so the difference in AP / DP is so huge. The PvP was a lot funner and better paced when +15 was top end. Introduction of PRI-PEN "broke" the system.

No one likes being 1 shot, but they made it so the top geared do nothing but 1-2 shot, especially if you're not on their gear level.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

It also doesent work out because that's NOT what im looking for. To player kill with impunity. Thats just your false narritive.
    I never said get rid of Karma, I said put the consequence on death back. How does arsha solve that problem. Arsha perpetuates the problem, lack of crime and punishment.

6. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Answer me this then. Why did Pearl Abyss get rid of the consequence for PK death in the first place?

Vortexii likes this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

When i get killed, I dont strip off my gear. Im a DK, its easy for them to run, i cant kill anything with less then 3 combos.
    I am afraid of em, the game should at least color their name letting me know they got naked. cause when i see the white dot on my map, i get ready. I dont know they are coming back to grief, usually i think they are coming back to enjoy the game, and compete..they ran away after all usually i figure they needed some pots.

8. Kymaera

Of course, it's an obvious "Rich get richer" scheme that was hidden under the guise of "helping lower geared get spots to grind" because the higher geared would play Arsha. So the Arsha players already geared to the gills continue to outpace their lessers by 50% item drop, making it so the less fortunate (**** enhancing) never catch up.

9. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I hope that some people here are aware that the reason why BDO has so many players now is actually because they removed the death penalty when you died by a flagged player.
    This system made a lot more sense when players were equally geared before, when this game wasn't p2w, when it didn't have gambling mechanics, and when classes were small in number and mostly balanced. Most players were fine with accepting duels rather then just randomly flagging on others, or trying to enter someones spot.

There is not a single reality where the system with death penalties by PvP would ever work in the game as it is now. They messed it up beyond point of return. You have to adapt to it, because they won't be ''fixing'' this. Ever.
    Not a single soul would play this game, if you lost days, weeks, months of progress....because some asswipe randomly came to you and slapped you with their 298 AP. Just because he/she thinks that you shouldn't progress in a videogame. Come on..You know how people are and you know they would do this.

Someone please add PvE servers with group content. Also add PvP servers with an actual pvp content because arsha isn't a content, just a place. And leave these servers as they are. This is going in circles and it's tiering. And people will never find middle ground to this -__-''

Edit: I still don't get it though. People constantly keep talking about these naked players in higher grind end zones, yet mobs can't seem to kill them? And people can't feed them to mobs? Are all karmabombers sorcs? If they have 100 dp how are they even alive all this time? I mean they would die faster to a mob then you could even flag on them.

#189 onaco, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    MarsKiller likes this.
  10. zhagsten

And why do you need to attack naked people? I mean don't get me wrong, nakedness is morally outrageous and should be punished, but should we really slay them?

Basically if you get taunted, you're a mob.

11. Kymaera

Lets not forget that the 300+ AP people being mentioned in this thread, most of them, are in guilds that used the MAP exploit to get even richer and widen the gap even further. They got away with it too... so anyone saying "they earned" that 300 AP is full of ****. That's like arguing Charles Manson didn't kill the people, just his followers did and he wasn't responsible for any of it... it's like Kakao and Pearl Abyss being partly responsible for the exploiting that occurs. They ban those fishing bots but when the top geared players exploit and make billions, nothing.

12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Well, they spam attacks on me an the mobs im on, hit alt c, run, come back, etc. I dont instigate. When i get comfortable, they put their gear back on, then really have a go at it.

13. zhagsten

And at which point of this process do you lose karma?

(We're gonna figure it out guys)

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

When the dec drops., WHen they die, it depends on the individual.
    Usually happens during a guild mission.

#194 Kynreaa, Aug 13, 2020
  15. Vortexii

The history of PVP games is essentially a non stop lesson in failure. People liked to have nostalgia over the "good ole days", but the reality is forced PVP just sinks games. In fact MOST of the PVP games you won't even remember because no one knows the names of the failures.

If you mention WoW, FFX, or top names people will recognize them. Try getting the names of 1,000's of PVP games that simply couldn't make it.

It's as simple as the Sheep & Wolf debate. Only a SMALL POPULATION of the game will ever really succeed and enjoy it WHILE THE MASSES will suffer the consequences. Thus it's nearly an automatic failure. The penalty system attempt to correct for this, but just like cheating. The players will always find a way to break the system so that will never really work the way it's intended.

16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I am not against this at all, in fact, do you remember when they had the DUO and TRI yellow accessories event, where we all had to go kill so many monsters per day to get the seals to exchange? Man, wasn't that the best, random people inviting each other for the greater good? Sadly, as far as I am aware, it's never been done again.

17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Well, I like unpopular games it seems. Like this one with open world PK.

There are plenty of games that cater to the mainstream. This isnt one of them

IWalkAlone and flukeSG2 like this.
  18. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

...at every grind spot past level 49? Do you think this is contained in a single location or something? Do you realize that 99% of player-killing is between similarly geared players, grinding in gear appropriate areas? PvP is just so unbalanced it leads to people making wild assumptions about the other player's gear score. High geared players don't slum in lower level areas because it's not efficient and they won't progress in those areas.

Aaarggghhh and IWalkAlone like this.
  19. zhagsten

When the dec drops? Yours? Theirs?
    What do they die from? Hypothermia?

20. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Erm....Not really?
    I guess only I get killed by 260 kutum player grinding nagas, or a 289 ap kutum grinding manshaums. Oh yea me and also half of my friends that left the game because they kept getting killed by players who were overly geared on lower spots. A lot of people with higher gear don't go on areas for their ap/dp, because there they will actually have competition and they actually might loose for once.
    I mean, people get killed in front of city exists by whole guilds you know. Just randomly killing afk players and such with your 290 ap.

#200 onaco, Aug 13, 2020
    ManlyBeard likes this.