1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Like they do in Arsha... Oh wait i think you have too low gear to go Arsha.

2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Im sure you will figure it out..lets see how long it takes.
    Karma bombing, in your best guess how do griefers die to people they pester on a guild mission...Iets say im red to let others know im on a mission..they attack me naked, what happens? They keep coming back geared, then naked...how can anyone tell if they are a threat or not? Im just farming the guild mission looking for fights.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  3. woots

I would agree if the game was like AA with a owpvp having a meaning for the game systemS, but BDO owpvp is a option that serve nothing at all beside "the ability to kill a player in the wild" ( like the devs said back in 2012 )

The rest is only your personal interpretation about how the game have to be managed because there is a pk aviable, and that's the only thing you can find as "mean" because there is litteraly nothing else that would slightly give a point to the pk. ( beside beeing able to kill another player in the open world for the sake of doing it )

That not saying you dont need to "owpvp" to "contest that "form of progression"" you can entierly do that via pve / better grinding efficiency. that "pk" need here, is only because that's what you prefer, not because the game make that needed.

pver ruin nothing, as its only pk user the ones trying to force something on some else, and end desapointed when players still dont agree to play like they want.
    The only ones in demand here are the pker as they "need" others to pk, and as you certainly know, no one have to act like YOU want. and dont have to sacrifice themself for your own enjoyment

Which keep circle back to what i repeated SO many time, split flag usable & disabled with different channel, and no one will ruin no one "fun" when it come to pk because you will only have players agreeing & looking for the side they picked.

In fact you can share grind spot, you will not have the most efficient grinding "speed" / income depending on how the said grind spot is shared.

go play GuildWars 2 World vs World pvp mode ( dont know if the "WvW like in ESO allow the same thing ), you have access to a real progression via pvp
    i leveled & geared 3/4 of the characters i had only playing that pvp mode.

I might have changed since then and maybe somes pve is requiered now, but still, you earn xp, in game currency, craft material.. playing that pvp mode.

Not sure anymore, but i think you can even get progress playing the competitive pvp mode tho, as it grant reward, it have daily & stuff.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I dont like Guild wars 2's progression methods. It bores me.

5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I just see tears from people crying about PvE channels. I believe there are 3 of those threads going on right now. Remind me, how many active player killer threads are there? Just this one?

The game gives me a place where there are penalties for both parties involved in open-world conflict? That's how I want to play, where's that located at? Did they make a new channel I didn't hear about? This sounds way better than Arsha.

I'm glad the developers at Pearl Abyss disagree with your assessment and have stated they look to change how the karma system works either across the board or in future content, either way. It's about time they did something about toxic abusive gameplay.

6. woots

still doesnt change the ability to really progress via pvp. Like gw2 or not, that's not the question here.

7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

So imagine, if all channels were like that... lol!

8. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

I never claimed it was "my" mobs. Nor did I ever claim it was "my" rotation. I said "the rotation I'm grinding" - there is a difference. If you watch popular streamers grind, you'll see too that in their rotations, mobs do not spawn the instant they get there - the mobs are already spawned. This is just how it works. Again, watch streamers who grind and you'll see even they don't grind rotations where the mobs instantly pop up when you get to that spot - there's a reason for that. Reason being, that's just not how it works. If I'm in a rotation that is known to be the rotation, other players should know this too. Unless they've never been there before and don't know the rotations.

Toggle LS feature would be good.

You interpreted that as "spot taken"? Wow. Are you THAT cynical? Luckily, MOST of the people I have chill dialogues with aren't as cynical as this! The last 10 people or so who asked me for a DFS while I'm grinding actually respectfully left after I said this to them at Star's End. This leads me to conclude most people aren't toxic, but it's the toxic ones that ruin it for the rest of us. I'm assuming you're at low-end spots, so I can imagine more toxic people being there, toxic people who would interpret chill dialogue as "spot taken", because they're new. That is cynical AF.

MMORPG's often have scenarios that are dealt with by the means of the player-base. In BDO, when it comes to grind rotations, we players KNOW solo grind spots are solo grind spots for a reason - MOST players anyway, there's the minority who rather be inefficient. EFFICIENCY is a HUGE factor in BDO grinding - do you not know this? OK, fine, you must be new then. Let me tell you - solo spots are called solo spots for a reason. The game is DESIGNED that way. "Never mind if they ignore you, just keep doing your stuff" - wouldn't work. I wish I could show you how it went down because you'll probably misinterpret it because you seem new.

"if they purposefully ignore you, they are basically just waiting for your reaction. If you kill them, then they will just realise that you are easy to deal with, and they will most likely stay on the spot."
    - If that's something you do, then you're toxic. You just admitted it. You PURPOSEFULLY try to annoy someone and "wait for their reaction" instead of being a civil human towards another. Toxic person defending toxicity - not surprised.

"And for some classes, karmabombing IS the only way to defend your spot." - not sure what this means. Every class is viable in 1v1 - some more than others - but all VIABLE. If you disagree, then git gud. I've fought ALL classes and you can easily tell the ones who are good from bad.

"Also what respect? Why should I respect you because you got to this rotation before me?" - IDK, because you're not a jerk? Maybe you are with this kind of thinking. The more I read your self-entitled comments, the more I start to believe you to be just another toxic nobody.

"Should I respect you because you won a duel since you got a lot higher gear score which most players buy with irl money anyway?"
    LOL. Keep finding a scapegoat to blame to make up for your impotence.

Because that's how the game works. Plus, their intention is to be toxic, obviously, so you can imagine how it went down. Well, IDK if YOU particularly could see it, but I'm sure others can picture it. Imagine someone staying in close proximity to you. They WANT you to PK them - They're Karma-Bombing, so can you picture the scenario? Probably not. Lol.

Toxic = purposefully and intentionally trying to be an annoyance out of spite. There may be other definitions. But the fact you can't readily define the word toxic correctly speaks volumes.

This one applies to Karma-Bombing. Grind rotations in high-end spots are known where the boundaries are. Why does this even need to be explained to you? "Grind them better" - TF? Ok, you're probably new. I suggest watching high-geared streamers and see how they grind and how the mobs spawn in high-end spots to get some knowledge on how things actually work in reality.

I don't bow down to blatant disrespect, neither do a lot of others. My point stands. Conflict happens, dude - sometimes, I need to PK and that's fine. What is not is when someone is both toxic and karma-bombing because there is no penalty for this kind of behavior - I've already explained this.

What else is there to do to make them go away?

"Nobody forces you to flag up" - Is the dumbest and most narrow-minded thing I've read in this forum about KB-ing. There's a difference between unfair PK and defending yourself from being messed with.

Don't be a turd. Especially if someone approaches you kindly. I mean, you can, be a turd if you want, I don't really care. What I do care is that turds don't face consequences for being turds in this particular instance, which is an unfair system.

OK, you've said this already, but listed nothing of substance, only your "opinion". What ways are there to deal with it? Be objective.

Your bus example is hilarious. What if on that bus, you're sitting on a seat. There is an open seat next to you. A stranger comes up and SITS ON YOUR LAP.

WHAT DO YOU DO? And don't say something like "if the stranger is a hot chick, then woo hoo!" >> that's called a deflection.

By your logic, you'll let them sit on your lap and hope they get off because you're more cozy than they are.

Sorry, but there is just so much ways for you to keep a spot when a karmabomber appears.Not surprised. People usually only see things that benefit themselves and themselves only, and don't care about anyone else but themselves.
    - Sorry, but there is just so much ways for you to keep a spot when a karmabomber appears. And I'm tired of repeating myself.
    If your only way is to flag on them over and over, that's on you. And that is why karma system exists. It's almost as if the karma system is telling you ''hey ok you should stop now and think of something else how to deal with this.'' But people refuse to see this, and just come on forums asking for karma to be removed rather then just tweaked a bit.
    Even if those people are the first players who would leave the game out of sheer frustration in the case scenario where karma is removed. They will get walked over by players who will actually play the game for fun, their fun being killing you with their overly big AP, no matter where you are, and no matter what you do.[/QUOTE]
    "Sorry, but there is just so much ways for you to keep a spot when a karmabomber appears."

Third time I've noticed you saying this ^ but yet you have yet to mention anything. "Feed to mobs" isn't saying much. But if it did, why is there a system that punishes those who oppress others by way of PK, but no system to punish those who intend to oppress others by way of purposefully and intentionally lower someone else's karma? Either way, Karma-Bombing is a well-known occurrence in BDO and Karma-Bombers and Karma-Bombing is looked down upon, generally. So be a Karma-Bomber if you want to be - you're only giving yourself and your guild a bad name. I guess that's the measure - yet it is something the players came up with, not a system built into the game.

That's my opinion on the matter.[/QUOTE]
    That's your "opinion" - nothing more, nothing less. Subjective. Be more objective and non-biased maybe you'll see this problem for what it is.

BOTTOM LINE - There are measures in place to prevent stronger players from griefing weaker ones, but nothing in place to stop the other way around.

Do they have flags over their heads displaying their gear scores, was that a recent addition to the game? Or maybe you're a mind reader. Or more likely, you make assumptions about their gear because PvP is so unbalanced that just 30 gear score difference can obliterate you.

But let's assume they did lose, the idea is then to go to a different area, lol! So, you would just deny them to be able to grind at all, but expect you should be able to?

I haven't seen a guild camp a city since the first 3 months of this game, it's like spotting a unicorn in the wild. What's wrong with randomly killing AFK players? They know the risks. Everyone is your enemy in this game of progression, slowing your enemy's progression helps you, so why wouldn't you?

#208 PeaceInChaos, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020
    IWalkAlone, Aaarggghhh and flukeSG2 like this.
  9. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

If they ask for duel and you say no, and they kill you - I would say that's well within the rules of the game, but is pretty toxic. You can vocally deny duels...I have. Maybe I got lucky, but the people who I denied duels with actually respected it and left me alone. There was a short dialogue with them, but in the end, we reached a peaceful resolution...estimate like the last 10 or so people who asked me for DFS while grinding Star's End.

In your case, if you deny a duel and they PK you - I am not against you doing whatever you can because that person is pretty toxic. If I were you in this situation, I'd go back and continue what I was doing, but I get that it would be super annoying for you and wastes a lot of valuable time. The current karma system only goes as far as them being red, nothing more, whch is an incomplete system IMO.

The Bounty System will hopefully be arriving without too much delay. Let's see if this helps for scenarios like yours. I'm imagining a system where players have a "police force" of sorts, to contact and inform where toxic players are. Not sure what can be done in my example though. Guess that's just the way it is and I need to accept it. * Sighs *

10. zhagsten

???

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Whats the ??? I flag so im not karma bombing when i intrude on others rotation. So they can defend their spot without losing Karma.
    I dont go around attacking people, I usually let them know im on a guild mission.
    They dont like that so guess what happens.

They become spoil sports. Then we dec. Sometimes they get a death in before the dec drops, or after.

#211 Kynreaa, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    IWalkAlone and PeaceInChaos like this.
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

So you pop guild mission.
    Then go to spot
    Flag up and tell them to leave
    Then you pk them
    Then they come back to finish their grind you interrupted
    you repeat steps 3 and 4
    Then you come to forums to cry about penalties for committing a criminal offense in the game and being mildly punished for it.

Did I get that right?

Columba and Vortexii like this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I dont tell them to leave. I say imma be grinding over here for a bit. Then they see im red, and go for it, they win i leave, they lose i stay. When I win they come back to pester and harass. I deflag, they win, as i have to leave. Game spoiled.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  14. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

You flag, you kill someone, you lose karma, how is this anyone's fault but your own? Grind arsha or dont flag up.

Khondo, Columba and Fearless V like this.
  15. zhagsten

If it's a guild mission you dec them, you don't go red. You have your guildmaster backing you up.
    Otherwise, don't kill them. If you're with your guild you can outfarm them if they don't want to change channel when you tell them you're on guild mission.

Columba likes this.
  16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

What i just say.,. I dont attack them they come to me. Then we dec.

17. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

All I have to say is, griefing out of Arsha channel don't play if you don't use your brain.

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The karma loss isnt the problem, them being able to impose their will via losing is.
    Its petty.

IWalkAlone and PeaceInChaos like this.
  19. zhagsten

Why are you red if you're just going to grind?

Columba likes this.
  20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Guild mission isnt on the arsha channel. So what then.