1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

So they can defend their spot if they can.

2. zhagsten

[​IMG]
    Where's the karma loss in that scenario?

Columba and Fearless V like this.
  3. Vortexii

AHHAHHA

"when i intrude on others rotation."

Columba likes this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

It depends. Like i said before the dec or after. How are you still confused by this?

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Wilful ignorance is pretty comical...You guys are running in circles trying to pretend a problem thats in your face doesent exist.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  6. zhagsten

You're trying hard to have a problem that doesn't exist to me.

It's like you make your own rules of engagement and don't understand why others don't follow them.

And if you go red you're not karma bombed, you're red. Get a grip and take responsibility.

Columba and ODB3698 like this.
  7. ODB3698

Those PvE channel nuts are as crazy as you are lol. Season servers showed already how obnoxious that is. You can pretend that's golden rain falling on your face all you want...you know full well this isn't the first PK tears thread and it undoubtedly won't be the last. Just because you try and use the qualifier "active" to exclude the numerous previous PK threads...doesn't make them not have existed or not be relevant to the discussion. I already said, in another post in this same thread, that they should change arsha to have all the penalties and consequences you guys want to enjoy so much. I agree...that would be much better than the no negative consequences arsha...as you guys clearly want to experience those penalties. I'm wondering if you are trying to convince yourself that pearl abyss is actually going to change the karma system to allow you to take away other player's accomplishments? No matter how much you say that, doesn't make it reality. You aren't even bothering to present a shred of documentation for that either. Until that shows up in global labs or in patch notes...its fiction. What is non fiction is the state of the game now...and how it has been for many years now...that's reality.

Fearless V likes this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The game makes the rules of engagement. And currently one of them is missing creating a void for people to grief with impunity by driving off other players, and hogging resources.
    No consequence for player death doesent work in a game with open world pk. There needs to be some factor that doesent insensitivize body flinging to drive off the competition. Cause at the moment, its a huge problem. And defeats a major purpose of the game, the ability to drive off people from resources, shouldn't go to the loser of a fight.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Why is this a better scenario than someone killing another person to either attack or defend a spot they are occupying? If anything, that seems like a far more obnoxious and toxic behavior, that hurts both of your progress for a longer period of time. Outside of a staring contest, where else is this irregular behavior employed? I don't know of any other video game where whoever can be the most annoying for the longest period "wins". It's just a terrible idea. What is so wrong with having winners and losers? When did losers stop using their loss as motivation to get better? I feel like it was probably around the time they started handing out participation medals.

IWalkAlone and Kynreaa like this.
  10. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

My rotation or my mobs is pretty much the same thing. You are claiming something to be yours, when it really isn't. I don't watch any streamers and maybe that is the reason why I learned to grind better and uninterupted even if some people do try to provoke me to PK. So your reason is ''that is just not how it works''. Did the streamer tell that as well? Why doesn't it work if I may ask? It works just fine for me, it works fine for people I talked with. And most of all, it works great if you need to remove an annoying person from the spot.

Cynical? So let's see. You tell me that ''can you please leave I am not done here'', and ''spot taken leave'', are actually different things, rather then just one being said in a more polite way? ....okay then. Guess I should check the dictionary.
    Well not like anyone can really karmabomb you at stars end you know, since mobs hit too hard and they would just die to mobs.
    Wrong assumption though. I grind both higher end spots and lower end ones because I like diversity. And maybe we just have different circumstances, because I find a lot more tense people on higher ends then I ever did on lower end ones. Toxic players for you though. Not for the rest of us. For the rest of us they are just another thing you have to either compete with or party up, and if it's competing with grinding then so be it.

Solo grind spots yet people can't seem to actually keep the whole rotation solo? That reminds me of people on mirus who actually take 12 trees all by themsleves and there are 3 of them. while trees literally spawn behind them, there is no way they can keep up with all 12 of them. 3 of them would be more then efficient for them, but you just have to have it all and shoo others.
    So tell me, how am I actually inefficient if I really do manage to grind 80% of their rotation? They kill me and I literally spawn at the start of their rota, with all of their mobs alive? Who is inefficient here, me or them?
    Also you don't need to write in caps lock, making letters bigger do not make them seem any more or less important.
    I am not new I have been here for almost 4 years now, without once being karmabombed, and with countless of karmabombs attempts being thrown at me. I am not missinterpreting anything here. I just know how to turn on my brain, not get emotional, and make the player leave rather then make myself become a victim of their way of having fun.
    Spots are here for a reason, then learn how to actually protect them. Stop taking a bigger bite then you can actually chew, and stop looking at streamers as your guides of how to play the game.

Wait, when did I ever say I karmabomb anyone?
    I ask for a duel when I enter a spot, but erm, nice assumption. I guess you had to pull it out of your pocket just because.
    The times when I refuse to leave a grind spot is when a player kills me, without any comment, without any question or any communication, after they ignore me asking them something. Ofc they later whisper me, I guess eventually they do learn how to talk when their cup starts spilling. I'm saying what most players do, and how most players see you when you kill them after telling them politely to leave. Just because I know this, and am aware of this, doesn't make me a person who actually does it you know.
    But yea, again, thanks for the insult randomly thrown out of nowhere as I am trying to have a normal convo with you. My mistake.

Well for example, shais cannot defend a spot. They can be immortal with their DP gear, and they need to have more then huge gear to kill anyone. So does that make it any more clear? Or you telling me a shai can just grab a guardian and kill them in 1vs1. Or maybe you just forgot that shai is even a class.

So basically you are telling me that when I turn on a game, I just have to wait for other players to finish having their fun, and then after some time I can start with my own. Is it that hard to admit that other players are allowed to have fun in a different way? Because no matter how I look at it, you keep seeing this as something ''toxic''. It is ''disrespectufl'' for them to try to outgrind you when you can't keep a rota? And it's bad if they keep coming back after you kill them.
    You know what's rude and toxic in my eyes? When a person comes and literally starts killing the same pack of mobs you are hitting. But you people complain about when they go to other packs you can't even seem to touch how far you are. You charge at the white rectangle by the speed of light to tell them it is occupied, while you are at the same time too busy killing mobs on the other side of the whole rotation. What is wrong with you really.

Well you tell players to ''leave you alone while you finish your scroll'' in an MMO game which is made to compete with others, by grinding or by PK. And then you complain why other players are competing with you in a way which they can. I have never met a person who randomly started PKing me after they saw me try to outgrind them as I saw they just can't keep a spot occupied. They tried to outgrind me. I wonder why. Maybe it is because they can think, rather then just follow random guides they see from streamers.

A scapegoat? My impotence even though I am able to keep my spots unlike you people. And I do so without making anyone rage at me.

I had so many players stand next to me, literally sniff my shoulder and my info, walk around me trying to kill same mobs as I do, and I still managed to get rid of them without any PK -__-. Yes they want me to PK them, so now what? I have to actually do it? What? Why....? Just bother them instead without any PK. I can picture the scenario just fine, I can also picture how I can deal with it accordingly, unlike you apperently who can only alt+c? Yeah seems like you can only do that. Don't blame me you can't see any other way.

Well now we are just going in circles. People are annoying to you because they are on ''your rotation'', and people are annoying to me because they can't even keep 80% of ''their rotation'' actually killed or cleared. Alright then glad we got that settled.
    Sorry, I won't take your advice to watch streamers, since people who watch them tend to not really be able to protect themselves from people who want to compete by grinding. And they probably also just keep complaining about karma system anyway. Afterall, I was doing just fine with making my own guides for the past 4 years or so of actively playing without any breaks, and I don't have any bounties on my head. Thanks for an advice though.

I am not a dude but alright. PKing is fine I never denied that. But when you see person karma bombing, just don't ...flag? They want you to flag, and you are actively doing so. Seems you are bowing to them just fine.

What is there to do? Well I literally wrote it all above and don't feel like repeating myself. But idk, I did all ''these other things'' for the 4 years and my karma was never in question of being even close to negative.
    I am not a turd though. And when a person asks me politely I do agree with them in most cases. But you were kind of a turd with all those insults you dropped at me for no good reason. Though next time when a turd comes on ''your spot'', do try to deal with it differently, instead of attacking it.

Sure I'll list my secrets of dealing with karma bombers.
    1.) When someone randomly comes to you, ignoring you, and starts killing your mobs, don't ask them a thing. Just try to outgrind them. Take smaller packs until they see they are not efficent anymore since you are taking part of a rotation which they want to have.
    2.) If they continue doing this, then literally go to them and start killing same mobs that they do. Same ones. Longest I had to do this was for 15 minutes. In almost all cases they leave out of sheer frustration they can't make you flag up. Hence, you can't be their victim no matter what they do.
    3.) Decleare a guild war on them if they have one.
    4.) Start bothering them by actually flagging up but never really killing them. Keep CCing them, slowing them down, annoying them.
    5.) Feed them to the frekaing mobs. If they try to karmabomb you, it means their gear is probably very low. Just feed them and be done with it.
    6.) Change the server if you aren't doing any guild quest.
    7.) Call for your guildmates for help and outgrind the person together. Or are you in some guild where people don't even feel like helping you on a spot? Are they all too busy grinding solo ''their rotations'' ?
    8.) Start aggroing their mobs and making mobs become immune.
    I could list more but this is most tactics that work. Hope this is objective enough. In the ends it's ''who gives up first that loses''. End of story.

How is my bus example bad? Again I was taking in a case where a person can't even clear their rotation, though that was obvious. If they kill your packs directly, then yes they do sit on your lap. You can keep saying and mentioning all different types of arguments. You don't need to teach me which means what since I know already, but I guess you see yourself as some teacher type.

- By my logic. I make them go away by not giving into their plan. You are doing exactly what they want when you flag up. You lose right from the very start.

Well there you go, now you know all my secrets why I wasn't karmabombed through the whole duration of my BDO life. You're welcome.
    What do you mean karmabombers don't get punished? They get killed by mobs over and over if you feed them. How is ''feed to mobs'' not clear enough? Take 90% of their health and let mobs finish them off?
    Again...thank you for assuming I am the karmabomber. And I don't have a guild. I have a clan made up of my close knit friends. And even while guildless, I don't ''exploit'' this and I actually do ask for duels. But you know. I can keep being your target for shooting practice so feel free to go on.

There are measures for high geared players when they want to kill lower geared ones. And there are not measures for other way around because everyone with a bit of brain can actually deal with it with a way that doesn't involve loosing karma.
    Alright I'm done.

Well if I have 316 DP and I get oneshotted, killed on nagas with an attack from which I know has low to average damage at best. Then yea, I don't really need to think hard about their gear score. I play enough pvp to know what other classes do.
    Slowing my enemies progression is a way to deal with this game you say? Alright, then stop complaining about karma bombing? I mean that's amost the same thing. Sure, afk players know the risk. But I am just pointing out that when you said ''people don't do things that aren't efficient'' can't be any further from the truth. I still see guilds killing people for no reason other then satisfy their need to have fun.
    Which is fine too, since I don't poop on random people having fun in a random game. But that is a reason why we need karma.

#230 onaco, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020
  11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I never said it was the first or the last, but one clearly outweighs the other and always has. The difference is, these threads are calling for systemic reform to balance the game, where the other is calling for full-on customization of the game to avoid aspects the developers clearly intended us to interact with.

I would accept your suggestion to make a change to Arsha like that, it seems reasonable. To be fair, there are ways to take away other player's accomplishments now, but no I don't think they should add more methods. I never said they would add such a system either, all I've said is they've committed themselves to improve the karma system and/or adjusting future content to reflect a more balanced system with penalties for all players involved in open-world conflicts, and it's written in their Q&A responses and Dev Notes, so it's certainly not fiction.

Kynreaa likes this.
  12. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Who said it is a better scenario? It is equally as annoying to deal with, I just don't loose karma that way. Simple as that.

When did losers stop using their motivation to get better?
    - Probably when this game decided to continue being an unbalanced p2w mess, that's when. When skill doesn't matter one bit, but gear does, and how much money you put into the pearl shop.

13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Can I get a hell yeah!

onaco likes this.
  14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I'll stop complaining about karma bombing as a way to slow enemy's progression when it carries with it a penalty like player killing to slow one's enemies does. Then it will be the same thing. I also never said we didn't need karma.

IWalkAlone and Kynreaa like this.
  15. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

''Hell yeah :D o/''

Columba and Fearless V like this.
  16. Vortexii

No @Fearless V is correct. What you are complaining about is your lack of ability to cause enough harm to other players to force them out of your location. What you clearly don't understand is if the game had that ability YOU would be the one being kicked out. You can't even handle Arsha without additional penalties.

You just won't accept you're a Sheep not a Wolf.

It would be kind of fun to watch actual war parties like in the early days or Lineage II rolling through the area and pking everyone for mass exp loss. You think the game has a lot of crying now, this would be over the top. These millennial's wouldn't know what to do with an actual war system lol.

Fearless V likes this.
  17. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Bottom line still stands: There is a measure to prevent strong players from griefing others, but no system to prevent toxic karma-bombing.

Also, thanks for admitting, that if you're on a bus, and a stranger sits on your lap instead of one of the many open seats, you'd let them.

I'm done as well. This debate is tiresome.

Kynreaa likes this.
  18. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

But a stranger never sat on my lap in the bus, at least not in BDO, because I never let them. Because I know how to deal with them without having to use my fists :) So no, I didn't admit a thing.... but you really like assuming don't you? Seems to be the main point of most of your ''arguments''.
    See you.I guess have fun in refusing to see other 25 ways to make the annoying person leave. A player-made-rule-from-2015-when-game-had-balance won't keep you afloat for long if your only way of dealing with others is alt+c.
    But best of luck.

Fearless V likes this.
  19. Vortexii

Damn I wish we met up when I was playing more. I would have loved to ruin your game experience by "competing for your mobs all day long". You see I didn't care about efficiency, what clan you belong to, or your gear score. I just enjoy demonstrating my superiority over others and enjoy a tougher challenge. Someone like you that I might have to break down for days, weeks, or even months. Until you get so damn tired of it you just give up. That's where I shine the most. I love destroying others. That's why this game is so perfect for me.

Columba and onaco like this.
  20. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Fite me, I don't even mind! I'd probably lose there though because I still like to sleep for 7h a day :D