1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Where do you get this BS from. That reflects nothing i typed to you, Nothing.
    First of all i dont attack people..so there goes that narrative, Second karma bombers ARE driving people from their spots, THEY are the ones doing exactly what you accuse me of. They are the wolf in sheeps clothing, praying on people enjoying the game. I am being the getting kicked out now.

What does arsha have to do with anything once again.. Arsha has the exact same problem as the regular channels no consequence on death. WTF.

2. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

You also said this: "Cynical? So let's see. You tell me that ''can you please leave I am not done here'', and ''spot taken leave'', are actually different things, rather then just one being said in a more polite way? ....okay then."
    Yes. You see the difference, yet you bypass it when it's right in your face. Why do you even need this explained to you, didn't whoever raised you teach you what common decency is? No?

Then let daddy teach you a lesson boy.
    "Spot taken" - Is equated to forcefully removing someone from a spot due to force (AKA being stronger than them, for example). People say that when they wanna bully someone out of a spot or flex on them. It could be said if you were at a spot first, sure -- if you are willing to bet the other person takes kindly to being spoken to like a mongrel instead of a human being. Fine with me, do you. Just don't be surprised when you meet people who want to be treated like a human and not a dog. Comes off a-hole-ish. People don't like a-holes, least, not me.

Saying, "Hey bro, I have a LS running...mind waiting 'til I'm done? I'll be outta here in like 20 mins then it's all yours." is a dialogue. Based on human decency and the acknowledgement and respect for others.

The fact you see the difference on face value, yet fail to see the actual meaning of it says a lot. Go ahead and be all entitled to your own self-interest. Talk to people like they're mongrels or lesser people. You're better than everyone, right? You sure act like it if you think you can say nothing but "Spot taken" in BDO and expect people to be like, "ooooohhhhhhh ssaaaweeeeeee I go nao! owo uwu smiley face cat emoji"

People with this attitude are a dime a dozen. Nothing special. Someone's gonna put you in your place one day. Keep it up.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  3. Vortexii

Let me think back TO WHAT YEAR IT WAS when I remember someone just blatantly trying to Karma Bomb me. Yeah that's the problem with BDO all those Karma Bombers.

What year was Sausan's popular?

4. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Nice defelction. Have fun with woots and vortex. Perfect fit for each other.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Ahh, so if it doesent happen to YOU then it doesent exist.
    Welp, here I am, letting you know its a problem.

6. VilksCry

this may have already been said in this post, but incase it hasn't, I'd like to share some of my solutions for karma bombing.

1) make any guild be able to declare war on any other guild.

2) reduce the timer for the declaration to go live from the current 15 mins to 5 mins.

this wont help vs guildless players but I think its a solid start.

as a supporter of DFS. I see access to the best/favorite grinding rotations as a resource, and one that should have competition ( given the nature of the game ).

there are side/back rotations for a reason. personally if i lose or want to "chill grind" I go to them. u can't claim a spot, but while ur there I think its fair to follow the DFS agreement.

7. ODB3698

I think open world pvp needs to stay on all channels. This game would lose its appeal if open world pvp were not a persistent thing. There wouldn't be as much reason to improve your gear. I know some jerk randomly PKing me while I grind is a huge motivator to improve my gear and pay them back. I say that just so you know, i'm not one of those anti-pvp players.

As far as what a more balanced system would look like...I'm strugging to imagine that. They made the change to lose much more karma when killing players with substantially less gear for a reason. That's because players are jerks...they will abuse anything to the point where a system change has to be implemented to stop them. That's what was happening to make them increase karma loss on gear differentials. That's why they removed xp loss on pvp death years ago. I remember just trying to explore the map and random jerks chasing me all the way across the desert just to pk me...just for the "fun" of taking my hard earned xp away. They would be idiots to bring that back. Anything else they change will just enable more griefing. If they make both parties take karma losses regardless of flagging...then that just enables PKers to make you go red for fun...to break crystals and down level your gear. The same would apply if they were able to decrease your xp/silver gains by PK.

The actual problem is lack of diversity and quantity in desirable grind spots. I'm stuck grinding sherekhans and ronaros until I get those pot pieces, so I know lower geared players are irritated to have me hogging a main rotation. I try to keep a tight rotation to not block others though. They should make additional spots for stuff like that permanent and also increase silver/xp/sp gains for a lot of places. I know a lot of people are so negative against it, but some instanced dungeons would also open up some grind spots...stuff like kratuga/sycracia where a dropped item opens up a secondary area, only an instanced, non static labryinth.

As far as what the Devs say in their Q&A responses, you always have to take that with a grain of salt. They say a lot of stuff, but half that stuff is just to keep unhappy players hooked thinking stuff is going to change. They make big promises and it never happens...like class balance lol. Remember the "no protected skills with CC" promise? That disappeared quickly once they realized how it would affect their revenue classes. Remember their rhetoric on making fights last longer...with players complaining about being one combo killed...pretty sure that's still how it works 3 years later. It sounds good (sometimes) when they say that stuff, but then they see how much work it will take and how it doesn't equal profits for them.

8. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You get a like from me sir!

9. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Ah so you did know all along it means the same thing. Well at least that.
    Again I do have common decency, since I really do still ask for duels and talk to people on spot (since I still like to communicate), but for some reason you keep ignoring this fact and you keep lumping me in with every other karmabomber you met.
    As I keep going through your comment you still, refuse to actually just accept that I talk to people on spot. At this point you are basically pointing a finger at me as I'm a villian yet I literally don't do a single thing which you accused me in game. Maybe just because I know what most people do and how they bully others simply makes me a bully myself? Because I can't seem to get your logic behind this.

I still didn't get your response why don't you simply turn to other ways to deal with the karmabomber. All these ways work fine you know.
    But I think I get it now. You just seem to be that hardheaded.
    You want to blame some ''game-core-mechanic-rule'' (which isn't even a game rule, but a player made one), when in the end you are just the one who doesn't want to walk around it, and this walk takes 10 minutes. You legit refuse to accept there are ways to deal with this, simply because there are no penalties for your ''attackers''. Only penalty they get is their fun getting ruined but this isn't enough for you. In your eyes they should probably have same penalties as red players do. Maybe that makes sense in your head, but it didn't make sense for the 90% of the playerbase when the Devs finally decided that it's the time to remove death penalty on PvP.

So now you can continue ignoring the fact, you can actually win and not lose karma.
    Again.... Thanks for insults. Nice way of bullying someone on the forums with a nice list completely false accusations. I think you know how that type of ''argument'' is called.

Ps: Just because people have different opinions then you, and prove to you that there are other ways to deal with some current in-game issues, doesn't mean they are deflecting you.(Furthermore, you are the one who refuses to talk and turns to random guessing) If you verbally attack a person because you don't get a difference between them and a person that randomly karmabombs you on spot, then learn how to tell that difference.
    Stop being sensitive so we can have a normal conversation next time. I actually had fun and was curious what kind of an opinion a player with your mindset would have.... until you just randomly started calling me a ''turd'' so.
    In the ends, I guess there is simply no way for you to accept other players play this game differently, and by doing that, they aren't toxic. Guess all of BDOs playerbase should just be clones of you.

#249 onaco, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Fearless V likes this.
  10. ManlyBeard

Ah yes, the delusion of thinking people go to their appropriate gear grind spots ...

That's why at places like Polly and Fogans / Nagas newer / lower geared players always get steamrolled by some 270+AP cringenerd that is still grinding polly cause "it's more efficient" instead of going to a place where they can make more for their AP lvl.

Then they cry "kArMa bObMbeR" because they're too daft to realise the gear difference and dip low karma after 1 kill.

Columba, Jinoro and Fearless V like this.
  11. PancakeRift

Thats a dummy thicc straw man if I do say so myself.

When Hashashin comes out ill have his Offhand TET and Blackstar either TRI or TET within the first 2 hours of release. He will be 56 with 281ap & 338dp. He will have no skill points, so ill have to spend many hours at pollys till I'm 2k SP. Meaning I'll have to kill lots of players sub 500gear score to keep the optimal rotation. I am going to get Karma bombed. I am going to go red. Because I'm not going to leave main rotation when I need it just as much as the sub-500gs player.

This is a result of poor design making the best location for SP in BDO a low level zone. Be dope if they made highh end places worth it for skill points. Though there isnt any.

Why would I go to a place for my AP level when its progression is slower? Thats stupid logic.

ODB3698 and IWalkAlone like this.
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

There is actually a better higher AP spot in the game that gives more silver, SPs, and EXP per a hour than pollys. But I will not tell you guys it because I'm currently using it. And I'd rather not have 600+ GS players baby seal clubbing me down. And screaming I'm the karma bomber when they can go to Arsha if they can't control their urge to kill. Or be a decent player and not take up the whole zone.

By the way, with that GS why are you not at Arsha taking advantage of that awesome 50% drop rate bonus. Maybe if you dropped that caveman logic of yours and evaluate the path to the best outcome. You'll find that you've been going about it the wrong way this whole time. Imagine being a 600+ GS player at a 160 AP grind spot crying about the Karma system.

This is the type of logic we are dealing with here guys and gals. Now you all see why they are whining.

ManlyBeard, Columba and Jinoro like this.
  13. PancakeRift

Always the victim you are Fearless... Oh the irony in the name. Arsha for the SP grind? Sure, let me waste 530 scrolls that have a finite amount of uses to spend 80% of my time doing PvP when I really need SP. You do realise pollys in Arsha is a huge battleground for people to just fight right? The whole zone is an arena on that server. I said im grinding for SP meaning I need to be EFFICIENT. You cant be efficient on Arsha.

Its clear you spend no time on Arsha yourself. Questioning my logic when you are just using falsehoods and assumptions. I dont grind pollys for silver. I grind it for SP. Arsha has no effect on that and hinders my productivity due to the amount of PvP ill engage myself in.

You think I enjoy the SP grind? No. I feel like a **** gate keeping a rotation. Best spot for SP, you say you found a better spot? cool. As far as I know Pollys is best so I'll go there to complete the awful grind that is SP.

14. johnnified

I see so many comments of:
    "People play an Open-World PvP game and complain when they get killed and cry "Overgeared" or something."

When really all I am seeing a bunch of people who are DOING the killing get mad cause people arent bowing down to them or they get penalized too much when nobody cares about your gear score. Sounds like some ego-boosted siege players who cant handle when nobody cares who they are.

Imagine in 2020 calling the person you are killing the "griefer" instead of the guy doing the killing. Amazing. Blame other for your need to PK instead of yourselves... reminds of certain people IRL at the moment.

15. woots

I dont think they will ever know ( as its not the only person doing such "argumentum ad personam" )
    But its a well spread way accross somes person here.

You dont need "owpvp" to have motivation to improve gear, pve is a good motivation and always was in pretty much all games. For the pvp, you have the pvp mode they actualy "care about" and always mainly promoted = siege / node wars.
    As much as i understand the "once a day" during 1h or so & once a week is clearly not enough when you really want to pvp ( for a players like me that enjoyed a lot a WvWvW style pvp mode happenning h24 7/7 .. yeah. Always was surprised BDO never had something similar,)

And its exactly why such "owpvp" shouldnt be imposed to anyone, but be a real choice like going to arsha is,

I will agree about that instancied dungeon would fit well the game, as it would also bring diversity in the active content ( or somes GW2 like "living world" would also be really good )

yup not enough grindspot are really interesting, ( and it wouldnt take that much to "make them interesting", as they only would need to tweak grind spot income )
    But they also would need to review how its managed in general ( respawn timer, mob amount "needed" per players, etc etc )

exactly this.

16. PancakeRift

In all fairness the general consensus is we have a social contract of "if you get bodied leave". If we didnt people who K-Bomb wouldnt get kicked from most guilds.

I used to get annoyed at karma bombers but I just decided to play their game and go red. No penalty for it if you cant die to mobs. If its in an area where you can die to mobs you just feed the karma bomber to the mobs.

17. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Again you are showing your reading comprehension level here. I have never complained or whined about Karmaciding like you guys. I have PKed many players, streamed myself on Arsha a few times at Prime Time which was mostly empty. Hell I even went negative 1 Million twice and grinded it back up to positive in under 2 hours both times. I have never lost crystals or gear levels during my PK sessions. But the only time I've lost crystals was when PKers came to feed me to mobs at Trees.

Imagine committing a criminal offense and blaming the victim for making you do by being there. If that the height of logic for you guys. It's easy to see why you guys find the karma system so troubling. You guys are simply too simple minded to actually figure out how to resolve your issues without hurting yourselves.

On another note I see you guys whining about being on Arsha because others will bully you. Yet you guys make suggestions for the normal channel that'll allow you guys to ruin the game for other players. You know what we call that? We call that being a hypocrite. So at this point we all can surmise that it's ok to ruin the game for other people as long as it's not you guys game being ruined. Damn I can't even make this stuff up.

Stop whining about the Karma system that's already broken in the smart PKers favor. Either wisen up, or go to Arsha where you don't lose Karma. You guys self entitlement is huge. You guys should feel bad for being the way y'all are weak.

I'll say it again. Imagine being 600+ GS player who ganks at a 160AP spot and crying about the karma system. You guys are so simple that you all don't even realize by doing so, that you are promoting the need for the karma system to stay as is, if not to become more stricter. But than that would more than "Me see, Me smash, Me hurt myself, Me cry on forums about being mildly punished for committed a criminal offense against another living player." type thinking.

Keep up the good work sport! You are making normal PvE only channels look more and more essential. Best to believe Pearl Abyss is using Seasonal servers to test out such ideas because of people like yourself.

Show me this general consensus? Who made it? Who signed to agree to this contract?

Sounds like more propaganda from high geared players. To push their agenda to own the whole game and decide who may or not progress. Fortunately the game devs and most of the playerbase see through you guy's BS.

Far as guilds not supporting their weak players and telling them not to play the game when a gear carried edgelord tries to stop them from taking that spot they are grinding at. How well are these guilds actually doing. I've played in most of these guilds in NA. And let me tell normally 90% of the sub 570GS players just end up leaving them to the same circle jerk of 10 active players. At that point to too normally leave.

#257 Fearless V, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020
    MoonDance17, Silver99 and Jinoro like this.
  18. Diepel

>People PK others
    All good guys, it is the game mechanic. It is a PvP game. Get used to it! *smugface*

>Game punishes PK
    OMG THIS IS SO UNFAIR HOW CAN THEY ABUSE THIS SYSTEM I HAVE A BREAKDOWN

Fearless V and Jinoro like this.
  19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

That the height of their logic and reasoning skills. Are you surprised they have a rough time?

I personally think they should stop making themselves miserable in BDO's Karma mechanics that they can't wrap their heads around. And go play a more primal game like Rust or Ark, Survival Evolved. Because MMOs like BDO are clearly not their style of gameplay.

Jinoro likes this.
  20. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

In fact they should. Too many times some people just come at your back and for no reason CC u to try to feed u to the mobs. Luckily im a shai so i have a bunch of hp and i can heal myself quickly.
    They should upgrade the karma system so any time u suffer any PvP damage u get flagged for the next like 10 seconds and if u die inside that timer, counts as PK even if the mobs killed u.

#260 Jinoro, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Fearless V likes this.