1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Yep, exactly, you can be a griefer by bodythrowing repeatedly.

You seem to consider only a situation where player 1 kill player 2 to take the spot, and player 2 then try to defend the spot by using bodythrow.

But, you can also find situation where player 1 minds his own business on a spot and player 2 decides to use bodythrow to make him leave.

The griefing lies in the excess. So yeah, "Imagine in 2020 calling the person you are killing the "griefer" instead of the guy doing the killing" because you can be as much of a griefer by killing than by using bodythrow.

Some personal biased players around tends to consider griefing in-game only through the act of killing, but that couldn't be more wrong, many game mechanics can be abused without any player confrontation and still cause annoyances, human nature already proved to have infinite imagination when it comes to bother others.
    Only a good system can reduce the annoyance.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  2. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Imagine grinding with the flag up and "accidentally" killing other people without knowing what could u do to stop the karma losing xD Omg, pure comedy.

woots and Fearless V like this.
  3. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Nobody can body-throw at you, if you don't flag!

You can't lose karma, if you play on Arsha!

That's the height of these people logic and reasoning skills. It almost makes me pity them.

#263 Fearless V, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020
    MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  4. Diepel

Thats why we have karma, so senseless PK is not happening.

Fearless V and Jinoro like this.
  5. f8Xtractor

When a stronger player comes and forces you from a spot you were in first, might makes right. Is it fair? Depends on who you ask.

There are times when it's an issue that needs addressing, like a PKer killing a lowbie (or simply whomever) in an area that's level / gear appropriate for them. Ah, that's right there is

a) something there there the PKer wants for themselves
    b) they just wanna kill someone. That's fun for them

With AP brackets it can get out of hand. But that too, is part of the game design.
    Both players in any PVP situation can say they paid for the game. Both are right in some ways.

I'd certainly suggest having other games to play in any regard.

Fearless V likes this.
  6. Jensen

one simple solution imo would be to make loot like in wow and such games, party of 5 kills a mob, each of them can loot them, basaically 5x the total loot in a full party, people wont lose anything but some xp for being in a party, and more silver gets generated in the game thus more gains for players
    that will also would generate 5v5, or more, spot battles instead of 1v1, more gvg etc.

IWalkAlone, Fearless V and Jinoro like this.
  7. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I like this idea. More so since some classes are very weak in 1v1 PvP against other META 1v1 classes. With this we can find our self in some really juicy GvG situations. It'll actually give guilds a reason to exist outside of NWs.

IWalkAlone and Jinoro like this.
  8. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

So much bias...
    Yeah, bodythrowing can be used to cause a nuisance and thus, it can become griefing.
    Personnaly, I do not care about players using any of these methods, they are in-game and can be used. But used excessively, bodythrowing can be as much of a nuisance than PK.

Tell me, you really think that players can be griefers only when they kill?
    Just say it, so we can see how naive you are.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  9. woots

You mean the player 2 has a special hack to enable the player 1 flag, and control his character to make him pk in loop player 2
    Damn !
    /sarcasm

Here the problem as always, is you considering pk as the only solution, in a game not made to have pker rules over pve progression area...
    If you want to use a car as a jetski, dont complain if you car end to sink.

But again, you want to have pk rule over [whatever] in any situation. promote a pve / pvp channel split, & / or a arsha rules rework, and somes players will certainly be happy to have their ego so boosted feeling so special to see barely no one in such channels.

i'am all for to have all thoses players thinking like that totaly isolated in their own special pk channel.
    The griefing lie in players trying to impose you something you dont want : And how surprise, its like PK

Now, how can you call players coming to a grindspot even if you already are there, "griefer", when somes players here claim that grindspot are made to create players confrontation over limited ressources ?
    In that case, arent thoses players actualy play the game the way you claim it is ? Therefore thoses players cant be griefier, right ?

Somes personal biased players around tends to consider pk as the only way to deal with things, and consider everyone have to bend over player pk imaginary rules
    They even dont consider others have a different vision for that part and then dont have to respect that ( especialy when thoses pker are the one forcing something ), as its nothing of a game system.
    As you said yourself
    For the part where ppl will always find a way to bother others whatever the system, sure, yet its not the problem here

exactly, that's why as the pk is an annoyance for a part of the playerbase, the game should offer a all time flag off solution with "pve channels"
    pker happy to not see players not playing by their own "rules", and "not flag user" happy to have that annoyance totaly removed from their everyday pve.

10. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

You talking to a person who played Eve Online for 11 years. So I know there are many more ways to grief someone other than just flatout killing them. I already have a bunch of methods in mind for BDO. To use against PKers and people who I spends lots of karma on to farm over and over again.

See the funny thing is you talk down about my bias while yours sink just as bad if not worst even. The difference between us is engagement. Your bias can be controlled by yourself. While my bias is in the court of the PKers. So if the PKer is smart about game mechanics they can avoid being hurt. But if the low geared PvEer or Lifeskiller in the open or low geared spot gets ganked it's all in the PKers ballpark of control.

Jinoro likes this.
  11. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Blablabla.
    And no.

Either both are potential nuisances, or none. You're simply trying to twist the problem to your preference.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  12. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Lets change ur question since doesnt have any sense in this discussion as u are twisting your argument when it suits you.
    "Tell me, you really think that players can karmabomb you if you dont want?"

And to me the answer is clear: NO.

That would be cool and i would love to see that... but u are comparing BDO with MMORPGs, and sadly BDO isnt really a MMORPG. It has the online thing... and thats all :S It doesnt have the player interaction that defines a true MMORPG.

OMG, i would love to see this bunch of crybabys talking about hardcore gameplay and penalizations (even when then they dont go to Arsha) playing a TRUE hardcore game like EvE Online, where grieffing is even encouraged by the game itself.

#272 Jinoro, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  13. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

It does not change anything to the fact that quotations is jumping around you, provoking you, maybe ruining your rotation for its own interest.
    I do not have any bias, I told you I don't care if I'm being attacked or someone is using bodythrowing.

But the idea that this method can be assimilated with a form of potential griefing is wrong. And with what you said, you already know it.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  14. Diepel

You try to strawman pretty hard. Nobody says that griefing is "only PK". The argument is that you always have full control over your karma loss. Nobody can make you lose karma.

MoonDance17, Fearless V and Jinoro like this.
  15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Did you see me using the word "Karma bomb"?

But someone deliberately jumping around you to provoke and annoy you can become a form of griefing.

16. Diepel

Nobody would ever argue that... this is a phantom discussion you are having right there.

Fearless V and Jinoro like this.
  17. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

1. U said bodythrowing, u are changing again ur version ;)

2. If u kill him again and again and again and again... even when that person just wants that reaction from u for having fun... its ur own fault for being lil more than an angry monkey.

MoonDance17 and woots like this.
  18. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

And as I don't say "karmabomb" but "bodythrowing", you should see my point. No strawman here, I'm not even talking about the karma loss!

:D

That is still an important detail that many are trying to avoid here. Karma loss or not, the current system only brings a succession of potentially toxic behaviours, wanna solve the problem, solve them ALL.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  19. woots

Pk only is the nuisances as it can be forced on players.
    the other "nuisance" only is your little ego not pleased to not be the lion king you dream to be by using a pk not made to rule over pve progression area. And that last part, only is your very own problem.

Or you have the nuisance of grind spot not correctly designed to be used in a multiplayer game situation. ( if now you arent on the "grind spot are designed to create conflict between players )

I twist nothing, i only use somes "arguments" ( and add basic logic ) you pker like to use when it suit your narrative. ( hello grind spot made to create player conflict )

But i guess your very interesting "blablabla" answer keep demonstrate how you have nothing to say when your "argument" are just debunked

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  20. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Omg... here we have the smartypants. If u dont care about karma then u dont care about bodythrowing. So whats ur argument here then?

MoonDance17, Diepel and woots like this.