1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

That when in competition for resources on the regular channels The loser takes the spoils.

2. Diepel

How do you determine that? Do you feel that way, or do you actually have anything to base that statement?

Fearless V likes this.
  3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Pages and pages of complaints from people?
    And experiencing it.

4. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I am, and was always up for them working more on arsha servers. Agreed there. People give a lot of many interesting ways to make that channel more fun and actually something more then only PK all over the place. Wish it finally got some actual pvp content rather then just spawnspot killing we have now..

IWalkAlone, Jinoro and Kynreaa like this.
  5. Diepel

I only say pages and pages of people who liked it. And I also experienced it. Was good.

And the PvE servers were crowded, in contrast to the PvP server.

Edit: I looked at the last 8 pages of the forum and not a single thread is about season being a disaster or that pve on season servers is garbage... maybe I missed one? Does not seem like it was AN EPIC DISASTER. Seems more like an unbased, and completeley feels based statement.

Fearless V likes this.
  6. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Sorry, but im not understanding you. You dislike Arsha (because X reasons, i will not enter into that) but you like the karma system... so u have the normal servers to that. Since this thread is about people having a tantrum because the karma system, u dont seem to share their issue D: And the loser from a PK doesnt take nor lose really anything, so i dont understand your position :S

+1000, but i imagine that they would need to change the Gear vs Gear system as starters... so...

#306 Jinoro, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020
    Fearless V likes this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I dont dislike Arsha, but its not a solution to the problems on the regular channel.
    The thread is NOT about people having a tantrum. The thread is about griefers being able to impose their will on resources with impunity.

In a game with open world PK, thats a bad thing.
    The karma does stop pkers from griefing, where the karma to stop PvE griefers, resource hogs.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  8. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

A friend of mine once suggested that it would be very fun if, at least on one server AP/DP of players is capped to the grinding zone area they are at. Capped in a way where you can actually fight longer then 5 seconds against a player. Personally I see this as very fun, but unfortunatelly it wouldn't work.
    Even with gear capped, classes are just too unbalanced. And we would probably have people complaining why does that server exist if the whole purpose of this game is getting better gear to shoo people away from spots. (even if they don't even have to play on that server)
    There may be dozens of us, but I would like to see some PvP that doesn't include lack of balance and p2w in general.

Edit:
    Or for example that the gear is capped for all players to be similar, and isn't capped to mobs they are grinding.

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Crowded grind spots are bad for this game.

10. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

U sure? To me seems like a thread of people wanting to impose their will with impunity and crying because they cant.

That seems like another, different problem to me.

Fearless V likes this.
  11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Its not a different problem, cause the game has s%^t loads of spots. Politics and pk is supposed to divide the population. And does if done correct.

Without it you got everyone trying to grind the same spots, griefing each other.

12. Diepel

It is not even a problem per se. On season I actually had more fun to grind because we made groups.

13. woots

Its not a bias, if someone try to force his way on you, its a nuisance, as that person is a selfish and dont respect others. which is exactly what pk is. ( unless we had a real no flag / with flag channel choice, and in that case indeed it wouldnt be a nuisance as players would pick their poison )

You you cant complain about someone using "before you" something that DOESNT belong to you ( => mobs )
    And even if YOU ( there its your bias ) consider that annoying as for somes reasons you arent smart enough to understand that mobs are for everyone and will never be your property. And choose to enter in confrontation with that players using something not "build" to end with the result you want ( use pk with the hope that players will direcly leave ) and which is going to punish your action at the same time.

its ALL your fault.

Solution : Split player base according to their taste regarding pk or pk disabled. You complain about players not playing like you want, but you dont want to endorse a solution that will remove players not playing like pker want.

"somes minority" you mean the "minority" of pker whining about a game not made to provide what they expect ?

Jinoro likes this.
  14. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

No the Karma system is already in favor of the PKer. They don't need anymore favors from the karma system.

15. Diepel

Just get in the bounty system. No karma anymore, flag players who PK for 1 hour to be able to get killed, and if so, put em into jail, while rewarding the one killing him. Just like the desert. This way everyone is happy.

Jinoro likes this.
  16. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Yeah, but to be fair, this game discourage the groups lowering the loot and the exp. THATS a problem to me since this game pretends to be a MMORPG (when clearly isnt in their core).

Joungf and Fearless V like this.
  17. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

If someone decide to karmabombing you he just stay there waiting you kill him and you can't because after 3 or 4 kill you going red, what is in favor? unlimited karma is not for who use karma only if need not for who abuse because need long time to have most karma, so is not a PK abuser buff.

Fateneko likes this.
  18. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Yeah, but this game is supposed to be a MMORPG. Sadly is not and instead of be a social game is an antisocial and a divided server with few people in each spot offers the best gameplay. Thats the true core problem.

19. woots

His favor if your lack of selfcontrol and entiltment to use something not made for what you look for.
    You just 'negatively" impact yourself

Dont pk and use others way to deal with players you consider as annoying, and done, no more problem. Or else, just go to arsha.

Jinoro likes this.
  20. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

1.) The biggest one, can grief players for months without end, Only to have to grind back karma in less than 2 hours.

2.) Can use 0.0% Exp. negative Karma Alt to avoid penalties on main.

3.) Can escape escape to avoid being punished

4.) Can swap channels to avoid being hunted

5.) More than likely have enough gear and on OP PvP class so most of the playerbase can't even touch them if they tried.

6.) Can use cheap crystals to avoid punishment on PvP death.

That's just the few I thought of off the top of my head.

woots, Joungf and Jinoro like this.