1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. BlueSatin_old

So, things that happens to me... grinding in Sycraia for hours alone.
    Someone enter the ruins and instead of take place on another spot, there are many empty because I was alone, he/she comes to me and kill me to get the spot.
    As a Shai, I can't fight back because that suppose I maybe last longer, but I'm going to die anyways, so I again come back and take another spot near.
    Then, he spot the white square around and come back to fight again...

Is not my problem, is he/she who is killing me because he want a spot larger than he/she need.
    I can't see any problem if the karma goes down because of that.

There is no point in say "Spot taken" because there is no name writed in the land, there exist terms and they can talk and accept some situations, but nobody demands that everytime that is going to happens, but there is also good sense, and honesty.

Who is the bad guy here, the one who steals the spot or the one who refuses to leave it?

2. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

if only had l2 system, but sadly it would be too hardcore for bdo playerbase

IWalkAlone likes this.
  3. Felo

When will the Time come where ppl understand that its a Open World Game where the mobs dont belong to anybody.
    You can be happy that u had the spot for hours usually u are 3 min at a higher spot and get the first "DUEL FOR SPOT KEKW".
    and when u say "No piss off with your duel" its called Karmabombing.

4. MisterJoy

So this thread is people who want to enforce "this is my spot" dictator rules on other players and want to increase "punishment" on the people they try to deport away from "their" grind spots.

Channelswitch cooldown, people don't have infinite time.
    You act like, oh so innocent player A, who sets claim on a spot by selfmade rules, which are made in the way, of benefitting only himself.

Why should player B leave? Tell me one valid reason? He has limited time, so if X player As claim all channels, Player B by your logic is not allowed to grind at all, since player As say so.
    X = number of channels.

And you only offer solutions, which gives player B even more time waste factors. So no, you are not objectively talking, you just want to increase your own benefits.

#64 MisterJoy, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    ODB3698, Columba, GnatGoSplat and 4 others like this.
  5. Felo

Something like that yes
    Something like that. But with more salty tears.

6. sajdas

I mean... Yeah he lost to you in pvp, how does that impact anything related to pve and/or him stay in the spot though?

ODB3698, Columba and Jinoro like this.
  7. Joungf

Just want to point out that I saw this kind of survival game mechanic and player behaviour only in BDO.
    Playing so many MMORP games but never a player came to me and wrote "taken" or "leave" or just attacked me. It always is the opposite.
    They see me struggling with 3 enemies and came to help me. I write "Thanks" they answer "NP" we chat, team up, do difficult multi-player quest, trade and have a lot of fun.

8. Felo

Guess thats because u can't "Tag" mobs for yourself with a little dmg like in most other MMO.

Jinoro likes this.
  9. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Yeah, same here. Its because BDO its the first MSORPG (Massive Singleplayer Online).

10. Anwarunya

tbh i saw ppl complain about "high end geared" ppl would pick on them for "no reason"
    it never happend to me that someone came to my spott, one shoot me and left after it. ( thats what i would call a highend geared kek who picking on small dudes)

the trues is what happening mostly, u grinding on a spott and chill of ur balls, some "equal or even a bit less geared dude comes arround, see u grinding and just starts to grind, too"

thats annoying as fck we all know that.
    Iam one of this keks who asks for duell or goes red.
    In my opinion the biggest problem of the whole story here is there are not enough alternatives for "low spotts" which are "worth" to grind.

Pollys, pollys, polys?!?!, ah yea maybe foggans, yea pollys pollys?
    so the game allows only a handfull player to grin don the "good" low spotts lets say every server has 3 good rotations for each spott? and we have 20? 30 servers?
    so a maxmimum of 100ppl could grind here.

ffs make more equals spotts and the main root of problems witll be solved i guess.

yea yea my english sucks ik

IWalkAlone likes this.
  11. Joungf

You can't even help some player if you see the player is being attacked by many monsters. The player will first kill you and then continue to fight against the monsters. Even if you cast a healing spell to heal the player , the player will see this as a violent act and will kill you instantly.
    I just steer clear of every player I see when playing BDO.

RoxiAmbrosia and Jinoro like this.
  12. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Me too, there are those players and then the ones that attack u from the back when u are grinding. Its a really sad community :(

13. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 63 EU

Get a negative karma alt with full PEN Tuvala gear. If you grind like stars end then you can feed people to mobs easily. For everything below that PEN tuvala should be enough if you are good at PvP.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  14. Yoshihito

I wouldn't say this game is "about PvP" as only a small portion of the overall game has anything to do with PvP. If the game was solely a PvP oriented game there wouldn't be a Karma system in the first place. That should give you a clue, lol.

15. SSIJ

But he don't go to arsha because he is typical pvp bdo griefer. Period. He have 250-260 AP and go grind 150 AP zones. He don't go to 240 AP zones because is too weak, and same reason he don't go to arsha because will be one hitted.
    But he want one hit kill 150 AP players without any consequences. Thats why this game is so much pvp toxic. That why 90% players don't want free pvp in this game. Thats why people use karma bomb technique to defend ourselves against unfair pk advantage.
    And we speak only about land pk. On ocean ship sinking means you loss tens of millions of cargo. What pk losing? Nothing! Epheria 2 cannons vs carrack 9 cannons with x10 dmg for each cannon. Great balance. Good job kakao/pa, good job. As somebody good said: sinking pk red ship should give extreme punishment for red ship owner e.g. loss of a ship for 7 days (in game as repair time, and repair cost = 10b).

Kakao/PA created this problem and they doesn't listen to us how to get rid of him.
    And the solution is trivial: fast travel system - teleportation to any discovered node (but without trade items) and removal cd when you changing channel.
    If you need waiting 15 minutes for changing channel and/or you traveled from cities to spot for 10 minutes you wasted much time so you start killing mobs and you don't care if anyone is already there.

#75 SSIJ, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Columba, ODB3698 and Jinoro like this.
  16. ManlyBeard

Imagine cringe high geared players forcing pvp upon others that might not want to pvp.

Hence why this system is perfect, it makes the cringe overgeared pvpers shed delish salty tears as a reward for the person that doesn't want to pvp and just wants to grind.

Ain't no "my spot" man, it's an open world.

17. HeadlessHorseman

I see a fire flame and I know is hot and it burns,I chose to put my hand on it , I got burn and than I cry and complain that I got burn,don’t kill the player,that simple no karma, is every person’s who bought the game areas,it’s nobody’s spots or limited or subject to if a person is there before you.No such small print when you buy the game.unless you bought the single player rpg version which doesn’t exist,open world sandbox is what I got,I go wherever I want,do whatever I want at any time I want kill any mob in any spot I feel like and it’s not dictated where to by nobody and do not need anybody’s permission to do so because I bought the game not parts of it very simple.

18. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

possible solution: remove penaltys for red players. good game. jowo. banana developer.

ManlyBeard likes this.
  19. Scapure

Imagine crying about """Karmabomber""".

1. You Flag up.
    2. You kill them.
    3. You Lose Karma.
    4. It was your decision to flag up and kill them.
    5. Start from 1 again for 5 times, after this is done move to 6.
    6. After repeating it 5 Times go and cry on the forums.

Imagine saying "My Spot" "Spot taken" in a OPEN WORLD Game.
    Imagine thinking that you got extra rights because so everything is yours.

All Praise Sword Art Online, making bdo great again and entilted players malding again.

RoxiAmbrosia, Deyric, ODB3698 and 3 others like this.
  20. Parasitismus

Parasitismus Parasitismus Wizard 66 EU

"Our Spot" ?! so its your privat server or why you call it your own ? i guess you are one of those ppls that wrote insta SPOT TAKEN!!!!! or some **** and are surprised that ppls are toxic with you...just handle it and stop crying...arsha gw mobdeath oder anything else....