1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Nope, I totally get your point, but I disagree. The frequency of the topic is only related to the stubbornness of some participants, you can't deduce from this that the playerbase was more sensitive before.

And when these participants see that PA is not taking this seriously, they get bored.

But you tend to forget something about bodythrowing : it is not that PA did nothing about it. It simply released some half assed solutions, like Arsha, then decided that the problem was solved.
    And after each so called solutions, we know we must wait at least a year before they try something else. Why bother making constructive discussions in this case?

flukeSG2 likes this.
  2. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Alright. Well in that case, people were a lot more stubborn, and a lot more bored before. I can't deduce anything about the playerbase, but I can take what I can from early forum threads. And most people who complained about karmabombing are magically gone or stopped complaining eventually. All I know is that there were a lot more people starting these threads. There wasn't just one thread being revived again like this one is.

And they didn't release Arsha as a solution to solve karmabombing only. They released it because people complained about karma itself, that they lose too much of it, and that penalties were too harsh.
    I agree with the last part, I don't even know why most people bother discussing this, and I feel very stupid myself even trying to talk with some people here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Which is why I will stop talking to people if things just go in circles, and I will unwatch this thread as well since all points are made already.. And I am not crazy enough, nor do I have all the time in the world to be a part of this anymore.

My main point from the start was, that karmabombing/bodythrowing is an issue, but it is not a ''serious exploit'' as some people keep saying. As if PA wouldn't fix a serious exploit a much faster comeon. PA is late on most things, but when something is very serious, they get on to it pretty quick. Just as they blocked Afauru maps immediatelly. That and monster hunting could be considered a serious exploit, not karmabombing.

Less sensitive or not, it doesn't matter. Playerbase we have currently is much more adapted to this issue, and most players are able to deal with it accordingly until it gets fixed.
    It will get fixed when it gets fixed.

#902 onaco, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  3. Diepel

No, still "a problem for you". Not for anybody else. You almost got it. You say it is individual, but then make a generalized statement "a problem". That does not follow.

But maybe you can clarify what you say, when you say "a problem"

Do you think this problem does exist independent of individuals, or do you think everyone could have a different opinion whether this problem exists or not? Or do you think both could be the case?

The first one would be in line with the categorical imperative, which should be a pretty hard one for you to actually defend.

#903 Diepel, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Joungf likes this.
  4. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

My main point from the start was, that karmabombing/bodythrowing is an issue, but it is not a ''serious exploit'' as some people keep saying

True, totally true. It is a bad game design choice but still one of the possibilities given by the game ; if we see it as an exploit then we could say that pk or mob feeding is an exploit too.

If you talk about "karmabombing" (oh God I hate this nonsensical word), Devs themselves stated that it was an issue.

onaco likes this.
  5. Diepel

Of course they can call it a problem, since they introduced the concept with a certain goal to achieve in mind. They are perfectly able to contextualize it. But people in this thread fail to do so. They are unable to articulate themselves properly.

On the other hand: Since they did not "fix" it, it seems there are more positive aspects than negative ones about the current karma mechanic. Other solutions may be worse than what we have now concerning the balance between the two parties "victim" and "aggressor".

Fearless V and onaco like this.
  6. Scapure

That you Guys still talk about this...
    Sword Art Online is the best Guild btw.

7. HairaQ

is it possible to take 300.000 of good karma by one shot ?
    nop... so where is issue here? you need to multikill and be stupid to be karmabombed tbh :)

Columba, crawlord and Fearless V like this.
  8. Menor

Taxes are too high for general populus and we should find a way to lower some of them.
    Rich guy: sounds like you problem, not general problem. Peasant.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

No, we've actually proven it's more than just a problem for me because more than one person here shares the problem. It's not a generalized statement.

I've done so several times already through the course of this thread, as have many others.

I already answered this in the post you cherry-picked my quote from.

10. Aysnvaust

Just another day in BDO:

spot taken.jpg

Columba and flukeSG2 like this.
  11. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

This issue is an inherent flaw in the game's systems - whether or not that inherent flaw is perceived as bad by someone, like what you're talking about, is a whole 'nother topic completely. What is being discussed isn't mainly our subjective opinions on it, but to point out this inherent flaw here. People just keep deflecting the main topic.

Whether or not it happens a lot is another topic. Work-arounds are another topic. Subjective feelings about it is another topic. You guys keep trying to deflect and detract on weird tangents when all we're doing is pointing out a flaw in the system that is exploitable and is a gateway for people to be toxic. Not sure why it's so hard to understand what the actual point is that some people here need to deflect. Maybe because you guys know the system is F'd, but it works in your favor, so you'll deflect attention away from the problem?

You accused Kynreaa of strawmanning earlier, so yeah, best to listen to your advice bro. For me, I just deal with it. I am lucky enough to have the ability to send decs, but if they're guildless, nothing to do here against someone exploiting the Karma sh*t-stem aside from "work-arounds" - which, in itself, isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you think of the fact there IS a Karma-system, but no system to prevent exploiting it, not sure why it's so hard for some people to see the problem. It's so obvious, my friend who doesn't even play BDO thinks it's whack. LOL.

#911 PeaceInChaos, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    flukeSG2 likes this.
  12. LucidKill

I can think of dozens of more serious issues that need to be addressed than allowing a bunch of crybaby griefers the ability to spawn camp noobs unabated with no consequences on all servers. Besides you can do all that killing on Arsha with no consequences and make bank.

Fjokki and Fearless V like this.
  13. Satya

Remove the 15 minute delay for decs and make them instant.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  14. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

From this totally partial and exaggerated point of view, yes, one can reach the same conclusion.
    Now, I'll deal with you with one simple truth : you can be as toxic with bodythrowing than with pk.

You're welcome.

IWalkAlone likes this.