1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Reywhisper

I love karma bomb people who flag themselves jsut to kill me. Usually even put on my life skill gear to speed up the process. Then I kill them and carry on on my rotation.

2. Aysnvaust

That section alone is so out of the park, it's pure comedy gold - thanks for the giggles ;)
    That aside, if the only solution you can think of, when somebody turns up at "your" spot, is
    ach.jpg
    you should do some research...

Deyric, Jinoro, ODB3698 and 2 others like this.
  3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

On what? The game was designed for competition over resources.
    Any sort of research would tell you that solo grinding is the most efficient method of progression if you dont want to spend IRL money on the game, or dont have 24 hours a day to dedicate to BDO losing progression by enhancing.

Its why they allow open world PK..the karma bombing is just a broken mechanic that arose when they removed half the open world PK system from the game..consequence on death. But left in Karma for killing. Its a symptom of the void left in the system.

Arsha was another half measure that didn't address the problem that arose from consequence on deaths removal.

The sensitive dev that had it taken out, isnt even with the company anymore, but the stain its left still lingers. It has managed to lure in a sizable lifeskill crowd though, unfortunately they are just victims of false advertising it seems. Filled with promises of a some pve only channel, hassle free progression methods or some garbage along those lines.

#83 Kynreaa, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    IWalkAlone likes this.
  4. ManlyBeard

The only thing they removed is exp loss, and you call that half of the system ? Tafak?

It's not even an issue with all the free tears you get with events.
    The big issue is the other side of the coin, where you can lose enhancement levels when you're red. Remove those and the open world pvp scene would thrive a lot more.

Also, if the game was designer for competition over resources, the negative karma punishments wouldn't be a thing.
    There wouldn't be 36 or so channels to go find an empty spot on, cause the population certainly doesn't need it.

This, remove the stupid penalties from being red, open world pvp scene would thrive.

5. Memojie

Memojie Memojie Ninja 63 NA

Did you count how many season servers we have?

6. Kymaera

Arsha.

No such thing as karma bombing. Karma bombing's used by the 1% to maintain control of "their" grind spots. They believe might makes right. System's in place to prevent that literal control of grinding spots. They can swap to Arsha if they're worried about Karma. If they don't swap to Arsha then their complaint is null and void, they CHOOSE to lose karma. **** the 1%, in-game and rl.

7. Kymaera

Anyone not 280 AP+ would quit. Game would fizzle out and die...

also, have you heard of Arsha? Think you may like it...

RoxiAmbrosia and ODB3698 like this.
  8. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Why imagine if we do lose? I leave cause i lose crystals at aakmans or stars end, everybody is leaving btw...

9. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

The system is pretty much always gonna side with the one being pk'd and not the one pking because the one who is pking is in full control of the situation as oppose to innocent players being pk'd for fun by high geared players have no control of the situation,for the most part they are at the complete disposal of the pker griefing them so the system has to defend them.Being karma bombed however and even as rare as it is you have a big list of options and you are in complete control of the situation.

RoxiAmbrosia and ODB3698 like this.
  10. Jensen

have you been there ? you have 300+ ap people farming crescents ...
    arsha is a huge failure, its free 50% bonus for highest geared players in the game
    same thing on seasonal arsha, there were full pen people at fogans

the whole concept of pve with owpvp mixed in, was flawed from its inception, it does not work, and theres no simple obvious solution

Kymaera and IWalkAlone like this.
  11. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

And thats how all servers would be without the karma system,300ap players in low end spots just to stroke their ego by pking lowbies

If you remove the karma system then karma bombers will be the least of your worries,now you will have to deal with people pking you for fun every 15 minutes

#91 Stealthe, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  12. Vortexii

You have it backwards. The person that loses the duel should get the spot. The loser of the fight is generally the weaker geared or less skillful player. They naturally should be spending the time grinding to improve.

The Winner of the Fight should immediately go to RBF to fight other players. They have already proven their gear and skill is sufficient that they don't need to waste their time grinding.

#learnhowtoplay

makis and Columba like this.
  13. LithicForm

I like to booli lowbies at Pollys while I have all my karma pets out and karma buffs active. I routinely drop all my guild's war decs so I can dec those 'undeccable' guilds in order to farm them. I clear faster than a large percentage of BDO players and can booli most people out of a spot. I BM people when they die to me on my wheelchair bottom tier class.

I once was a gearlet afraid to fight and worried about PKers, and then as I learned how to fight and survive and even win, I ascended to a new form. Anyone who is afraid of what BDO would be like without karma is bad at the game and needs to git gud. Back when Renown Score was a thing I was routinely killing people two brackets higher than me. I can tell you right now gear matters very little in a majority of open world PvP. If you believe otherwise, then you are bad.

Git.
    Gud.

14. Joungf

Yes daddy. You are so right. When I grew up, I will be like you. You are my idol daddy!XO

15. LithicForm

YES MY PADAWAN

Join the dark side, together we can rule the Galaxy!

16. Vortexii

Your post does not belong in this thread. This thread is a discussion about "Karma Bombing" as advertised in the title. You are a PEW PEW Elite PEW PEW PVPER.

However, Karma isn't in your vocabulary as naturally you ONLY play Arsha and thus you have no purpose here discussing Karma.

Jinoro likes this.
  17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The point was to imagine if there was no penalty, how people would abuse that fact.

Imagine cringe players playing a game that has open-world PvP as a feature and then cry about it when they get killed.

I also forgot, lol, everyone who PK's someone is an "overgeared pvper" and everyone who dies is a "undergeared noob" what a fantasy, hilarious!

Well, the whole idea behind making the monsters we grind not abundant enough to support multiple people is for use to fight for control and when there are no consequences for dying, there's no deterrent to just keep returning to certain death.

I believe them more than I believe you. There is no reason not to take them at their word for anything and they've explained the climb skill simply didn't work as they intended so it was scrapped.

No one cares about losing karma, people care that there isn't a PvP death penalty to prevent abuse of the system.

You absolutely advocate this type of behavior, lol! Who are you trying to fool? You are the pot calling the kettle black here. It is an exploit of a removed mechanic, the game was not made that way, there is no rule to support it.

Yeah, I like this one too...
    crying-baby.jpg

#97 flukeSG2, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2020
    IWalkAlone and Hajiarux like this.
  18. MarsKiller

MarsKiller Ranger 62 EU

And yet here we are. They ain't gonna change it anytime soon.. If they do "Fix it" (It's what you call fixing) they lose players, you know it. They know it. More players = more money. Doesn't matter in what state the game got released. PVP focus, PVE focus. Doesn't matter, all what matters is what people want today. So why should they waste time on fixing the karma system if most people just don't care about it. The reason why the karma system is being abused is simple. Those people just wanna grind silver and get beter gear. (Aka know as PVE content) If they care about PVP they would go Arsha, RBF or doing NWs.

Or they simply just don't care about owpvp. What risk!? Owh no! they see a death screen, Gotta press that respawn button now and run back to the grindspot doing the same thing agian. Owh wait.. Killed agian by a player.. Getting called being a karmabomber? No clue what gilly monkey dude is talking about.. "Press respawn" and return. Remember.. Nobody plays the game the sameway you do. My rules ain't your rules. Same goes the other way around. And aslong nothing is stated in the ToS you can't force anyone.

It ain't the ones that are being killed. Those people just see a death screen. Press "Respawn" and just return to xxx spot and repeat. Not losing anything. No the ones that cries the most are the ones that are killing others.

19. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It doesn't matter, because for every story like this there's two of the opposite. The point is, there's no PvP death penalty to prevent this, and good or bad there should be.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  20. Vortexii

You can abuse it and I would highly recommend people do so. This is a PVP game in which players are intended to compete for resources. I highly advocate sitting at 0% exp with no crystals and trying to mob feed players in high end zones. (100% verified by GM's as fair game play).

Remember we are here to FIGHT over RESOURCES. Not be friendly to everyone or mind our own business. Forcing players out an area by repeatedly CC's and mob killing them is literally Players FIGHTING other PLAYERS for RESOURCES/TERRITORY.

So get out there and start mob feeding people. It's simple use a character at 0% exp and use whatever gear you want just don't use high end crystals.

It's the opponents responsibility to react accordingly and change channels if they can't handle it.
    Let the PVP begin!!!!