1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Bombing Is becoming a serious issue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yungluke222, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Now I'm curious about this "full list of reasons".

2. IWalkAlone

Yes its pure suicide when a player that know its weaker throw himself in skill area of flagged stronger player intentionally.It is pure suicide, exept maybe the player has mental issues and is unaware of his actions.
    All of these are normal way to conquest a spot, but you forget about party play(if you are ok with taking less xp) and simple talking.But how to choose to act is a personal choice and non of the above is wrong.
    Agree kinda, but Alt+c is totally legit way to deal with the situation since its a part of the game.Again, Alt+c is part of the game, its meant to be used that way.If you are not happy its your problem, not to the player who use it and not to the game.Simply because thats the game.
    Nope, not all classes can grind equally, some are so much faster that you cant even touch the mobs.Yes if I stay on the same group and kill them when they spawn it can work, but on what price?
    And there are people who do it on purpose when they see your bad at grinding class.It happens and this my issue to go negative.
    You can leave or just talk.You'll be surprised that talking helps in 90% of the cases.
    Yes I can stop and lose the spot, leave or smth. Not everyone wants to leave, both cases, thats way karma system need fixes.
    Agree, thats what most people want, some fixes to work for both sides.

3. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Sure, I can go for it.

1.) Playing an mmo because it is an actual multiplayer game. Unlike multiplayer games which for example like let's say conter strike, or any other multiplay game where the whole point is to win or lose for the fun of it. BDO is an massive mmo consisting of a huge playerbase, and believe it or not, a lot of players just want to have fun in the videogame with eachother, without that fun having to be PKing others. I know this is hard to understand since people can't seem to connect words ''fun'' and a ''party'' in BDO but hey what can you do.

2.) Explore the whole BDO world (which is btw huge), without having people on the every second corner telling you to ''leave''. To a new player this is something amazing. It was amazing to me to explore it all again, even if I am a veteran. Going around with so many active players and just simply interacting with eachother in a way that isn't simply ''duel me or fck off'', is actually quite nice. You get to know people, you get to see what they like and enjoy, and what they want to work on as they progress.
    This probably means nothing to veterans who pass the game with a new character in 2 day, reach lvl 61 and then say ''uwu this game has no content''. Well it has it, you just rush the whole game in 2 days without actually knowing how to enjoy it. So keep running till the end and then complain about not being able to enjoy the view.

3.) Good roleplay potential. I myself don't do this and it doesn't interest me, but a lot, LOT, of players do.

4.) Players literally being nicer. When someone sees you on a spot they either ask if you want a party, and if you decline they just move on their own. Players asking if you need help with something, and then actually helping you do the thing because they can lave their spot without any fear of someone judging them if they come back to the spot later and there's a person on it.

5.) Actually being able to explore see content with a character over lvl 49. Which you cannot do usually since people with carracks murder you as you go to freaking Iliya island with a ferry. This was my personal experience that happend 2 times.

6.) Players being a lot less tense, a lot less angry, a lot less agressive. Instead of flagging up, they actually try to work around it, and find a way to either work together, or split the area.

7.) Overpopulation wasn't even that much of an issue. I had 0 issues doing weeklies completely alone on nagas, took me 1-2 hours at best without any platoon. Mobs spam so fast and people go everywhere, it is fun to see people active.

8.) Only after I was on season servers, I saw what a wasteland actual BDO world is. You have so much areas people never go to, because they rush immediatelly to Aakman. It is sad they don't rewamp older grind zones a bit.

9.) Since there is no pvp competition, people are actually not in a huge hurry to get all the best gear. I know a lot of players mind a lot when someone PKs them out of nowhere, and your gear is so much lower then the one your attacker has, you just start feeling hopeless and ''why am I even playing this?''. This is something you don't have to encounter in the pve server. And this is one of the reasons my friends also vote for a PvE server.

10.) PvP balance between classes is a huge mess. You already have to deal with players doing better zones then you can even with same gear, but with PvE server, at least you won't have to deal them trying to shoo you away.

11.) There is simply a lot more people. It makes you feel like a real MMO rather then some singleplay resource competing game. I was honestly worried about that they put so little pve servers for season. But even if there was small ammount of servers, only pvp players complained about it. I was surprised to what degree could people actually work together and just not be frustrated. It is sad because that's what an MMO should be in the end. But here we are stuck with people getting angry over an issue, that's not even a serious one because you can just avoid it.

I can honestly write more if you wan't. But I think this is enough for now.

Jinoro likes this.
  4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I think this is a good list, thanks for your time sharing it.

5. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

No it really isn't suicide, you just don't have to be flagged I:
    What can that player do if you aren't flagged? He/she will just walk around, trying to push you, and mobs will kill them like nothing because they have no gear. Alt+c is a way to get rid of a player who will actually leave once you killed them. This is not what most palyers do, as we all have our own way of playing a game. I myself don't feel like leaving a spot when I get 2 shotted on an area which clearly isn't for my attackers AP.
    Sure there are few meta classes which are better. Nobody said you have to stay on one group/pack of mobs and wait till that one respawns. If you can't take a rotation of 6-7 groups, then take ones of 3 packs for an example. You aren't loosing anything here. You are still grinding fine as long as you always have mobs to kill and don't have to wait inbetween.
    If people see that you are bad at grinding at your class then just get better at grinding at it. In every game there are people who mess with you if you don't play good enough. It's called human nature, and while I myself don't do it, a lot of people like teasing others just for the sake of it. And if you decide to not get better, they will boo on you.

So far karmabombing can be avoided. I don't mind if they leave it like this though, since I can deal with it fine. People just need to learn how, instead of just wanting everyone else to solve their own problems.

#165 onaco, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Jinoro and woots like this.
  6. Zeljeznaa

Zeljeznaa Mystic 61 EU

Yes, but you can also Alt+c, just dont 100-0. Unequip your gear as well, or switch to a DP set, or just a weaker set in overall and try to get them to 30% or just CC when they stand before getting slapped by the star's ends mob. You can do this even at manshaums, tested and proven. Just read your skills and find something with low percentage. practice with your friends, if you have any.
    the topic is going into a circlejerk. just deal with the griefer. or ask for help how to deal with a griefer that's that. ways are plentiful. meet a player from one of the currently strong active NW guilds and ask for advice. they will actually share it with you. hang out in the BA a little. dont pretend like the whole world is standing next to you with soft wipes for you whenever you want to play like a guardian, a single cell organism, and shift+q to win the game. and like you're especially right because ten people upvoted your post. looks and feels like you're crusading for mommy's pat on the back.(edited)

lets say PA keeps pampering demands that are not thought out. you will end up with an even worst one shot meta that's more like PVE than anything else. and who doesnt want more classes who max out in all stats! wohoo.

Columba likes this.
  7. Stres

I love it when someone tells me spot taken.

I just repeatedly run up to them and start killing their mobs and ****ing up their rotation, I don't even try to fight them and best thing is I'm not in a guild, don't care about xp or have any expensive crystals.

Just cos you been grinding a spot don't make it yours fool, either share or I'll plague you till you leave.

Columba likes this.
  8. IWalkAlone

I guess you just dont get it or dont want to except it.If that player cant do harm to you there is no need to PK him and ofc karmabombing wouldn exist.But actualy there are people who like to grief you seen you are slow in kiling mobs and the just kill all mobs and destroys your grinding.So you have basicly two options - to stop your grinding or to remove them from the spot.
    There are classes that are just worst than other in grinding.No one is talking about player skills, its just class itself.You just cant outgrind some classes if both players know their class.
    Same here, I dont mind karmabombing, but bad design is still bad design no matter if some people know how to work oround it.

9. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Again, if your class is slower at grinding,make your rotation smaller. Simple as that. Nobody will even try to outgrind you if they see you go from mob to mob as they spam. If you are grinding some harder mobs where it takes long to kill them, and a player takes directly the pack you are hitting, then that's a rude move. But not if they take packs you aren't doing. In this case just accept they have higher gear then you, go to some other place or change servers. This isn't even karmabombing since they aren't here to be killed by you, they are here to outgrind you and they can do it so they most likely will. Naturally you can always stay and bother them equally as much if you wish to do so.

Jinoro likes this.
  10. IWalkAlone

Again you dont understand me.What I mean is exactly this:
    Some people are doing it on purpose just to grieve you.I personally dont mind if someone enters my rotation.Most of the cases there will be enough mobs.But:
    A person who comes to outgrind you must be prepare to die.As he is free to outgrind me, Im free to stop him the way i want to.
    Edit: Not sure if its clear enough, but if someone decide to screw you rotation he will do it no matter how small it is.And then you have to make a choice.

flukeSG2 and Jinoro like this.
  11. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Don't worry, just because I agree to different things doesn't mean I don't understand your point. Yes, you do have to make a choice, and there are plenty choices to choose from. Fact is, if someone tries to screw your rotation just for the sake of being rude they will do it, but then just be rude back at them. You can do this without flagging once. Without loosing karma at all. It is literally just the fight of ''who gives up first''.
    People who complain about how karma should be completely removed, need to learn how to deal with this themselves, just as the other 90% of the playerbase learned.
    My proposal is that they make all villa buffs, any sort of scroll buffs, all so they can be toggled. I have a feeling a lot of players feel like they are missing out in efficiency if they have to deal with these sort of people. I'm certain if all these options had a toggle button, a lot of players who like keeping ''their rotation'' wouldn't find it as such an issue to take 5 or 10 minutes to make some rude person go away.

Columba, Jinoro and IWalkAlone like this.
  12. woots

you still remain at the door step, keep scratching if you feeling like you need to insist with your uselessness.
    Or start be relevant, your choice

13. zhagsten

I've never been karmabombed. But for seasonal event I went to Seasonal Arsha to avoid Karmasuiciders. Experience varied. Some people wouldn't care about me, some would make a huge detour to one-shot me, some would come and annoy me with "spot taken" until they get defeated. In the end I learned a bit of Musa PvP.

I don't know, people are weird in this game and I don't deny that there may be some people try to provoke you to PK them, but I don't see in what situation they can succeed other than when it's against a fragile mind.

Columba and Jinoro like this.
  14. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Ok so the devs allow you to spend Karma to kill unwilling players.... END OF STORY! Everything after that is made up rules by gear and/or class carried Pkers. Nothing more needs to be said.

Honestly the only people I see complaining about Karmabombing are those who refuse to use their brain. I've PKed many players and have rarely went negative doing so. And when I did go negative Karma not only did I do so on my own terms but I manage to go back positive within 1 1/2 hours after I felt like it from -1M Karma.

So again I don't see how people are crying about the Karma system. Where if you use your brain the Karma system can be completely circumvented.

15. Vortexii

You need to get busy advocating for the abolishment of the Arsha Server. The original design and intent of the game was to have a proper Karma System to prevent PKing abuse.

We know according to you that changing fundamentals is BAD for the game and shouldn't be done. If people can't handle the Karma system they should suck it up or quit the game according to you.

Thus, you know in your heart that Arsha is WRONG. It's not consistent with the game mechanics that already existed for years. It needs to be taken down according to your own flaky ideology ;)

We can't just go changing core mechanics because customers want it. The original design must be upheld at any cost.

Jinoro, Fearless V and Columba like this.
  16. IWalkAlone

Kinda agree, I dont mind been negative because its hard to lose something.Thats why Im saing karma system should be reworked.You dont luse anything when you die and also if you know what to do when negative you lose nothing.Bithching about PK and karmabombing is kinda meh.But from game disign pvp is kinda broken, specialy karmabombing.Lineage 2 had it almost perfect, almost because you still could abuse the system.

17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You mean a cause for friends to group up. Its not exploitation because you have friends that help you out.
    And how would they abuse it anyway..run up on someone and die to them so they get a RBF battle pass? Just cause they enter doesent mean people pvping will let them win.

Making the game unenjoyable for others is pretty broad. Karma bombing for instance does just that.

As long as you acknowledge who the true bullys are. The Karma Bombers, abusing an ingame mechanic to grief with impunity, and resource hog.

Well, the same can be said about a person who refuses to participate when they enter hunter grounds. That form of progression is supposed to be contested. So when you go grinding in a contested space, its YOU who are ruining the fun for others who are there to compete. If you dont want to compete, dont enter the competitive grounds. There are plenty of other progression avenues. Why hog that one as well?

The way the game is designed you CANT share grind spots.

flukeSG2 and IWalkAlone like this.
  18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

We have told them plenty of times they did the arsha channel wrong. Devs dont listen.
    But some people like it so what ever. I go there, when I feel like playing a game of king of the hill for the grind spot. But for progression its terrible. Maybe if they tied progression to PK, it would be more worth while.

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Listen to what you say! So you are fine making progression for others terrible. But will cry bloody murder soon as it's your progression getting impacted. Do you serious expect anyone in power to take you and people like you serious?

20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

How is it making it terrible..you're supposed to die to stronger people. Thats the game. progression.

If that bothers you, i dont know what to tell you. Dying in a game is playing the game. Being a spoil sport is being a spoil sport.

IWalkAlone likes this.