1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"karma bombing" is made up.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Octia, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Neptuno

I agree that speaking to someone concerning the grind spot does solve problems occasionally. Since you've set this standard of speaking to you before ganking you for others, do you hold yourself to the same standard of speaking to them before trying to insert yourself into an occupied grind area? Do you announce yourself to them or do you simply start attacking mobs and ignore the fact that another player is present?
    If you do these things, and feel that it contributes toward "proving" a logical argument about karmabombing, have you considered that most players don't do this?
    There are some people that will decline partying (also by responding in chat, so it's not just rejecting invites), ignore being asked to leave when a full party is grinding, and/or just try hit mobs as the player/party does when they respawn. They won't receive much experience, but they will disrupt the efficiency of the other player(s) present. I've actually had people doing this brag about how their guild "isn't ready for war" and that they "have more tears than you have karma."

2. Columba

I never insert myself into areas where others are grinding before I arrive. Ever. I don't really care what other players do. I control my own actions and am 100% consistent with the principles I stated.

3. t4mpel

Happy that are some dudes around that have the same feeling as me.
    There is no "my" and "yours" in a open world who survive the strongest but have to take the consequences for it. "Rotation", "Spot", "Karmabombing". This game can be an adventure if you go around and explore the places but a lot of robot guys just walk around in there "spots", doing there "rotations" and complain about "karmabombers", as if that game was a job where they do their work for 3,4 hours, running the same round 100 times, and if someone interrupt they can't fullfil there quota. the "spot" is there office it seems.those guys take this fkn serious.seems like soulless machines or like a hamster in a wheel. And then invent terms in there boreness to defend their robot life by accusing others who just play the game also and cant agree to that behaviour
    go play a single mmo , there you can be the strongest, the only one, rule, thats what you want or? a robot who become stronk and oppress the others and there is noone who you can blame for yourself. haha, sad but true.

Orodriel, Hr1s7i and Columba like this.
  4. Xelosu

Wait what?
    If you lost the spot in a duel - according to your own logic, mind you - you do not deserve it, go farm on a weaker spot until someone else comes there and win that spot too.

It is so nice that devs give you an option to instantly throw away all your beliefs and access non-pvp channel where you can bully weaker players who do not agree with you right? In other games you have to commit to PVP server and live on it all the time, there is no option to run away from your decision like you do. If you are so good sportsman play by your own rules and leave other be!

Val6 was a genius check and mete from the Devs to this stupid notion that sandbox game which allows near unlimited character development can have such stupid "rules". Ultimately what happens with this "system" is that the strong will dominate best spots and continue to grow an advantage against the week, no matter how many servers you make each on of them will look the same. Design team is aware of this so they have implemented karma the way it is and no amount of crying will change it.

TarkusBlack and Columba like this.
  5. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

I'm trying to figure out what inspired this rant against me and I just can't.

Unless, like, you're stupid or something. Then I can understand it. Kinda.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  6. szuje

Sure it would wouldn't change anything, i said it in the post you quoted. can't you read? You see, you're not even trying to answer to anything i said. You're just arguing with... the thing that you accepted?
    Autism much.

Sure, you could easly say that you own every matkerplace npc . Apparently you need like 10 people to make it social norm.

I don't think you know what social norm is so here is the definition. ""an expected form of behavior in a given situation""

You are saying that you can walk in someone rotation and grind mobs to make it inefficient for everyone. Even columba will not agree with that, he just has a diffrent poin of view of how to deal with temporary ownership of the spot.
    I belive that the stronger one should had the spot,especially if he was here before. He belives that no matter who is stronger and the person that was there before should keep the spot.

And you belive that, lol whatever. I'm an ass and i will refuse to accept anything because im spoiled brat.

#746 szuje, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    flukeSG2 likes this.
  7. Rai Asura

You're dramatizing this so much. Post softcap the gains people make are very slow and rng plays a huge factor. The gains are minimal and the gear gap lessens from that point onwards. Which means it's easier to contest vs other players past that point (outplaying is a thing here, except for the occassional RNG carried/veteran player). And the amount of players with insane gear like that don't compare to the amount of viable end-game grind zones + channels that are available.

Long story short there's a world beyond your 450GS Sausan drama wars.

Hr1s7i, flukeSG2 and PeaceInChaos like this.
  8. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

There's no point, Rai. Noobs will be noobs and closed minded people stay that way. Let them be. They think that toxically grinding where someone else is perfectly okay because they think they own everything. They think that just because a player is geared, they're PKers. They don't know BDO past Sausans, which is the main spot for everyone here who says Karma-bombing isn't real. Let them be, who cares? It's not like they'll be grinding at Pila Ku or Manshums anyway and they'll probably quit before even coming close to 450 GS, so **** their mentality because it's flawed. No use in trying to save the world.

Just one bit of advice: Watch out when you're using a public restroom--- they might barge in unannounced and sit on the same toilet as you too, because no one owns anything.

"Don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
    -Mantra for this entire thread.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  9. AlexHuaTIan

How about making Sausans the grief zone. But the rest of the game is as safe as towns. Or we can extend the grief zone to other areas that are not focused on questing and life skilling.

10. Columba

You don't own any grinding spot, don't use flawed analogies. And......Learn To Share (tm). Ps. My gear score exceed 450. I never have a problem with so called karma bombing. Perhaps because I can control my primal urges.

11. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Oh, feelings can be used to stress a factual point. But it may only be used to state factual and truthful, rational points.
    Otherwise, based on feelings alone these people may as well live in the middle east because they do fit the crowd.
    The King of Thailand is a piece of shet. <<<<< that would give me either a death sentence or a lifetime in jail.
    That's how childish, immature, butthurt and idiotic it sounds when someone whines about "karma-bombing".

Ultimately, if I can outfarm you then I will do that.
    "Agh, killing this guy makes me lose karma. It's that guy's fault."
    That's pretty much riding a bicycle and putting a stick in your wheel while bumping into a bystander and blaming them.
    No logic to be found but self-inflicted damage on your own dumba$$ conscience.
    Funnily enough, most of these people who cried hard for Valencia 6 to exist were PvErs getting into the PvP aspect of a game because it was integrated in the Open World system.

True pvpers don't give a flying f**k about karma, nor about your bitc*in'.
    I personally hate the ones that size you up for your clear speed, those are the ones that cry the most.
    "Can I beat this guy? Lemme see how fast he clears...." I clear slow deliberately for people to flag on me.
    I either die or they get annihilated.

Go red, Valencia 6 or quit your jibber-jabber. I pity the fool.

Columba and LogicaI like this.
  12. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Have you considered that maybe, just maybe that Valencia 6 is full? The people lost their duels, then moved on elsewhere? So that all spots on the channel are taken? So they go to a different channel, because those people accept that they lost the duel?

13. LogicaI

A true fan,Do you have a youtube?i will like and sub. if only there were more like us out there...Rational human beings. we must be rare now.

Columba likes this.
  14. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

People cried so hard for a no karma loss pvp server when the entire game was built around that system
    and now they're crying more because the strongest person in the spot they've visited beat them up?
    How ironic. Same people that beat up lowbies, then once they get beat up they have the biggest tsunami sob of the century.
    That's what they wanted, the strongest or fastest clearer gets the spot.

In the end, it's all about who's the more persistent one. How hard do you want the spot over the other person? Are you lazy?
    You don't need to flag. You just outfarm them. But the people here flag and cry because their karma is gone where they needn't of done that in the first place.

Columba likes this.
  15. Xelosu

As soon as you start using ad-personam arguments you pretty much acknowledge that you were defeated in the battle of arguments.

When I see someone grinding somewhere on the map I go elsewhere or ask for party. This is however, a courtesy from my point and I expect to get same courtesy in return.

Columba likes this.
  16. Columba

I've been there. Enough to check dozens of spots. It's empty, and we all know why. The people who whine about so called karma bombing don't want even fights and they know they won't have lowbies to gank there.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  17. Octia

Yes, and that "expected form of behavior" varies person to person. If you have a group of people who agree with me, it would be expected that you accept reality. If it was a bunch of people who are trying to salvage their egos in this discussion, then they'll agree with you.

And once again, your argument collapses. The "social norm" argument isn't valid because it is completely transient. The reality that you will never own mobs or a rotation is not transient; it is completely static, unchanging, and true.

You really are a glutton for punishment. You just keep stepping up for me to completely break your arguments over and over with simple logic.

18. szuje

It's funny how you think that ownership of a mob in a game is as unchanged as a laws of physics. Even thought ownership alone is a social construct(and is subjective) that may cease to exist as society progresses. Your're pseudo intellectual, nothing more.

#758 szuje, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    flukeSG2 and Rai Asura like this.
  19. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

The backers of the thread title (this is where you scroll up and read it, need to explain everything to this dumbass filled thread) don't even know the definition of Karma bombing to begin with (this is where you ask yourself a question, "so what IS karma bombing?").

Dumbest Thread/Topic in all of BDO and I got sucked into it. Who's the real dumbass? Me for ever thinking I could reform toxic behavior. And while you're at it, go ahead and tell everyone it's okay to barge into a public bathroom stall when someone's taking a **** and sit half-assed on the toilet with them. The person who was originally there can't get mad because since it's public, no one owns it, right?

I'm so done with this thread. Have the last word and mislead people into thinking toxic behavior is okay. I don't care anymore. Peace out.

szuje, flukeSG2 and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  20. zhagsten

Do you mean that BDO is crap?

Columba likes this.