1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma needs removed/Karma bombing bannable

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Avernacus, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Avernacus

Where did you guys ever get the idea that your karma system was even usable?! I am absolutely tired of being penalized for trying to defend the rotation I am grinding just to be forced out of it or penalized by someone who doesn't even have the gear to fight me. I am not spending all this time leveling and getting stronger just to be bullied out of grind spots because someone feels like being an *******. I have killed maybe 1 or 2 people in the past 3 days before killing him twice and that's all it takes to go red? I've been grinding for probably 6 hours throughout all that time too so how does losing that much karma so quickly make sense? Why is it that I don't even have the option to not hit people when I'm red? Why is there no way to disable pvp altogether? Why is it that this is supposed to be an open world pvp game but your penalized massively for doing so? Honestly, basic stuff like this is why I quit the first time...

PeaceInChaos and elynia01 like this.
  2. Spartakatz

go to arsha server and stop whine, or deal with the karma.

Keldorn, GzG, Meowth and 24 others like this.
  3. fobia696

it might be bannable, if the devs acknowledged "karma bombing" exists.

But no.
    At best they once acknowledged using tears of Elion to recover exp due to a pvp death caused a backlash of promoting someone to be killed over and over and the attacker suddenly spewing tears of regret and poor life choices as if he has attack-tourettes and can't stop himself.
    In that one instance, they just removed exp loss in pvp altogether so if at one time ever a dev could call something K bombing it was back then when everyone and their dog spammed tears to the detriment of both sides.

4. Jebediah

5. Larikal

If you would came to spot where i grind 3 hours and claim "its mine spot now", then pk me... I would fight back ANY way i can. If you are weaker than me i would just kill you. If you are stronger in pvp but weaker at pve i would just ignore you and take mob packs. If you are overgeared? I would just karma bomb you. You are mean to me, so why you expect me to be nice to you? And i dont care how much time i lost - if i lost all my karma i would then just go to some pila ku jail to recover it faster. If i have to stick with you whole day i would. If you finally go away from my spot... i would follow you and ruin everything you touch. The only option that left for you is to change channel.

And if one of mentioned ways would be bannable then all of them should, as all of them are just game mechanics :P.

PS. No, i never even single time try to steal spot from someone. I just also hate thiefs who try to steal mine

#5 Larikal, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

If everyone does that to grind that specific spot, would the grind happen? Obviously not.
    I know you in game and I know how weak you are and why you defend the karma system :-)

Telling someone to deal with the karma while sitting in safe zone most of the time is kinda harsh.

How is that supposed to help the op?
    As long as nobody can explain me why one person is able to ruin the grind of 5 people (actually more if we count other spots + channel swap which affects another 5 people etc) without any penalty, I call every person an idiot who defends that retarded broken system.

Wyper, Sidina, Jexz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Spartakatz

I know I'm famous, even as poor fisherman and lifeskiller, unfortunately I have no clue who you are, so I can't tell you how great and tough you are. Guess a new player that missed the 1000 discussions since 2016, and missed the fact they even increased karma penalty at some point?

I wasn't even saying I like the karma system or dislike. IMO the things that suck are resurrection on spot and/or very close node spawn.

Fearless V and Columba like this.
  8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

That's cause I am actually playing the game and not sitting in the safe zone :-)

I do kinda agree here. Karma at it current state is useless.

9. Spartakatz

I sleep during night and work at day, I know that's weird but what can you do :(

I think main problem is spawning. Instant elions respawn is worst, very close node-spawn similar. Played a lot L2 back then, even harsher karma penalty, but lot more time until the dudes come back. (guess, no horses there helped too)

10. t4mpel

And on the other hand better geared guys could kill noobs over and over with no reason. And that would happen a lot. It is good as it is. Outgrind em, decc war, let mobs kill em, much easy.
    Dunno why high geared people even stay in nub gahaz spots etc when they could go to akman, hystria or sycraia where griefing is very limited there, close to zero. Instead whining about contested spots go arsha and stop cry.
    That "karma bomb" term is mostly used for people bringing a false morality ingame, justifing their behaviour to twist the victim into the perpetrator.

#10 t4mpel, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2019
    Solitaire, Juuken, Jessy Jess and 3 others like this.
  11. Rügenwalder Pommersche

imo karma is stupid but doesnt matter if we keep it, just lower the penalties - no crystal lose, no gear downgrade

rest idc - no exp lose in pvp would be cool but not necessary

so being red means
    - u still get attacked by ppl without consequences
    - guards attack u, everything in cities becomes "annoying"
    - if u die u lose exp (which is totally fine imo)

but atm there is no upside to defending against karmabombers/ being red, they just win if they bang their head against the wall often enough

OR add penalties to the other side aswell

- losing exp when they die X times in X minutes
    - longer respawns / only town respawn
    - if u kill the same person X times u dont lose karma anymore

there should be a balance but right now its in favor of the weaker player in all scenarios, they should have some protection but it shouldnt be abusable

Wyper, Distaken, Jexz and 1 other person like this.
  12. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Public spot doesn't belong to you. Quit being a bully.
    Try going to a public park and bully everyone to leave. See if you don't get some form of retaliation.
    Labeling people "karmabombers" is just a form of victim blaming.

13. BboydD

Send a war and spawn kill him. If you have xp buff and don't have the time, Make him diying in mobs and when he start trash talking you its that he probably lost a Jin Viper. So the problem isn't the karma, its people who abuse it (noguilf players). And the guild protection who is garbage when the GM from the other guild gives to the karmabomber a guild protection after you have sent a war lol WTF. Just be cancerous with these cancerous people. As said before we have arsha, but there is only aliens with 600+ GS. One PvP channel isn't enough

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

So karma is a problem with all the additional protection for the griefers :-)

15. Nyhver

I do, I always win

lane dominance

spot taken

my grind spot

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Sounds like this guy was never at a public park past midnight lul

17. Malkontent

Found the leftist.

Wyper likes this.
  18. Rügenwalder Pommersche

isnt it nice how some people dont seem to understand that games are not reallife

Jessy Jess likes this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

20. MMoNoob

karma can drop to neg 1 mill but can only go up to + 300k not balanced maybe up to + 1 mill also

Fearless V likes this.