1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma needs removed/Karma bombing bannable

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Avernacus, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Xeniph

Ok, let me show you-
    1. If you don't have the guild funds to declare, you can't declare.
    2. if you have 6 active decs, you can't declare.
    3. A guild that owns a node/territory, or has an active dec, can't dec a guild that has neither.
    4. If at any time you can't dec, without resolving issues to dec. Your statement is false.

This is an opinion, one that is contrary to the current system we all have to deal with. So again, incorrect.
    Again, here we have an opinion. One that, since it's describing MY play style, has absolutely no value. And that last statement is pure conjecture. So again, not only false, but completely irrelevant.

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

1. Every guild has that amount of funds, always... why do you even attempt to make this one sound as an valid argument....
    2. You can retract any time instantly, the cd is just 1 hour. The chance for someone to dec on 6 guilds within 1 hour is pretty much 0.
    3. If you don't own a node yourself you can dec any guild any time.
    4. What do you even try here?

You failed. Stop griefing, play the game and try again.

3. Xeniph

Yes, but you said this after I posted the screen shot.
    This is emphatically false as proven by the tooltip in the screenshot.
    A guild that owns a node/territory, even if they have no decs, cannot declare on a guild that that does NOT own a node/territory, or have an active dec. Both conditions must be met for the guild to declare, hence the "OR" in the sentence.
    The only guild that can declare on anyone anytime is one that does not own a node/territory and without an active dec

I'll try to make it simpler- Any guild that owns a node cannot declare on a guild unless that guild owns a node or they have an active dec.- period. The message you receive will be "This guild is not ready for war".

It can't possibly be any more clear. I know these tooltips can get confusing but at least try to read them.

#403 Xeniph, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

As I said, yes you should have no nodes if you want to declare on griefer guilds. Retracting all wars for that is not an issues as I explained earlier.

5. Xeniph

Nowhere did you say that they shouldn't have nodes, I went back and read every comment you directed towards me. The only thing you said was any guild can do it anytime as long as they have the funds. Which I proved to be false numerous times and you insisted was right.

And proceeded to attack my playstyle and person.

And I agree dropping decs is not an issue, which is why I have protection :)

Factorial likes this.
  6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I guess it's a l2read issue then.

7. Xeniph

You have got to be on something!

You said this AFTER I said it to you.
    And after you said any guild anywhere anytime. Which is what all this stupid discussion was about. Holy hell.

I'm going to have to stick you on ignore, you have got to be one of the most frustrating people I have ever tried to have a discussion with. Have a good one.

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I explained that basic knowledge and you tried to make it sound complicated which it's not. You seem to lack basic BDO knowledge thinking it's a big deal not having a node to deal with griefers. Nor you seem to know how you can solve that issue by mercing.

Just keep griefing and stay away from PvP forum if you don't know how the game works.

NoisyBoy likes this.
  9. Factorial

This so much.

Companies try their best to avoid liability. By putting that wiki in game, it becomes the company's liability to ensure that the information there is correct.

Kakao/pearl abyss can't just put a system in their game then say it's unofficial with a title that says "official." By endorsing via coding it into their game, they pretty much agree that the information there reflect their stance.

If it's not official or endorsed by kakao/pearl abyss, they better get it of there right away.

10. Xeniph

Yup. An Ambassador already confirmed it's the Official Wiki a page back., though some information may need updated. But since the pvp system hasn't changed in 3 yrs 1 month I'll wage that's up to date :P

11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Yes PvP clearly didn't change at all. We never had XP loss on PK, never any karma changes and militia was never in the game either. Also the penalties in desert got never changed for red players.

12. Wyper

Yeah, I mean sure it's fair, 1 on 47 server for the people who don't want to share. This guys don't even know what logic is. If you want to share spots, shouldn't you be the ones with only one server ? :)
    Our goal isn't to PK, it's to be able to defend the spot with equal (or if not equal at least some kind) of penalty for both players.

Yeah, wait, are you really saying a BAD player should win against a skilled player ? Are you saying someone who didn't put in the time to learn "BDO and it's systems" shouldn't have to in order to win vs someone who has ? Yeah I mean why pvp fights shouldn't be coin tosses ? That way anyone has a 50% chance of winning, would be good pvp. Coin Toss Online.
    Right... Since when a guild prevents you from channel hoping ? So you can see your guildmates workers ? If they need you you can still come back what's the matter here ?

People against karma being a one-sided penalty :
    Litteraly no one :
    The dude who has a name that fits him perfectly :

I'm sorry... What ? WHAT ?
    A crime ? A "victim" ? I'm sure you're one of those guys that are capable of saying animals are "people" and there's no gender. I mean hey, why the f would we care about definitions right. Dude please...
    And players activating then deactivating or trying to kill you with mobs are only doing this because they don't have your looser mentality-based time, they here for efficiency, they're here to grind. 100% of the time when someone speaks to me I'll stop, even with buffs and duel/switch channel, when someone tries to "share" the spot with me I'll be the better griefer, because that's how PvP players work, as long as they don't remove PK the casuals won't win anyway, it's just sad a basic and essential function of the game has been crippled.
    This is NOT about "playstyle" it's about mentality, being a sharing carebear because you're afraid of confrontation doesn't make you nice, it makes you weak. This is not by choice it's because you just can't handle a fight.
    We can, and we'd leave after a defeat, that's how it is supposed to be.

And boi oh boi, whoever said the +15 stage is a wall lmfao right now. I'm in a low gear to softcap guild right now and I'm seing tons of new players juste jumping over that wall, they can just buy TRI grunil with starter rewards, please stop saying nonsense. Also, your gear doesn't go down if you're not stupid while red, that's an old thing and I'm surprised people still think it's true.

13. Whineseeker

I was serious, remove karma so I can pk everyone D:<

14. Xeniph

What's confusing about what I said?

Flagging and hitting a player or a guard is criminal in this virtual world. That's why guards attack you if done in their agro range or to them. Losing Karma is the result of committing a crime. You don't have to agree or like it., it's a fact.

I'll tell you this, I USED to defend my spot with pvp. But I'd say 7 out of 10 times the person never left, so I stopped doing it. These people would either refuse to leave, or call in support. How I deal with it now is fine by me. And it doesn't rely on someone else's compliance.
    Your mentality is very toxic imo, and clearly outside the scope of the current system, since it can be ignored. I suggest you adapt to the current system.
    But hey, you can play as you wish, just as I will continue to do so.

Vanraven and Factorial like this.
  15. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

There will never be a fix for our karma issue. Mainly because the staff are a bunch of carebears themself.

16. NoisyBoy

Essence of light need you to go negative... Bdo staff is telling you something guys.....