1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma needs removed/Karma bombing bannable

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Avernacus, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Veoh Techstarify

@Microman it's actually not right at all I have to add.

BDO got actually many PVP included, like the not last longed Shadow Arena, node/siegewars, guild vs guild, other Arena where you could do a contest, red battlefield.
    Just yea, you don't get any gear reward for pvp (maybe that's better anyway, since I know playing this garbage Aion, besides super p2w, pvp gear was extremely unfair)

PK is a different thing, which is for a different reason actually.

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  2. Veoh Techstarify

@Kauni Actually such ppl like you are destroying the fun of the game, and actually YOU should not tough that game!
    Issue resolved...

In addition "Skill>Gear" in BDO?!? Even more high lvl against low lvl ö.Ö hahaahaaahahaha, yea that was a hilarious good joke...
    I still know the times as pvp got activated at lv45, there was a lv45 hitting lv56 because he wanted to try...
    He was hitting million times and it was like moskitos which even don't sting...

I'm finished with this pointless thread.
    Anyway it won't ever change. If you can't stand it, leave and finish...

Columba likes this.
  3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Really? Because? Because I want a solution vs griefers who can ruin a whole partys grind? Because I am asking for more PvP content? Please, tell me :-)

I didn't say anything about the level, you obviously do need min. lvl 60.
    So I assume you think you are a skilled player but if you lose it's always just because of gear. Maybe you should check some official tournaments or slimshadii stream where he removes tons of gear and still wins?

It's always easier to blame the gear than the own skill :-)

Edit: Oh and since I know that you play on EU, you get my special offer. Let us duel, I will take LESS gear than you and let's see what happens.

4. Felo

i would grief you 10/10. Just to get some rare salt.

Columba likes this.
  5. Mikroman

1hit is not "vs player". That is nothing about other players action. He/she/It just die.

Low GS areas are for weaker palyers. Not for high AP braindead "pro" players. Let this "pro" players kill others is not fair play. Karma is one solution. But you can prevent karma loss. Guild war, let him/her strike back...

If you think 260AP - TET-PEN boss armor,lvl 62 players have real chance to lose vs 160 AP-green-yellow normal armor -lvl 56 players than you are "new players" or just troll.

Solitaire, Factorial and Columba like this.
  6. Spartakatz

well it depends.
    if you die because of cc+combo with low gear, you probably also died with good gear.
    but gear difference can be so big that someone either gets no damage, or someone gets killed through protections fast and with ease.
    some classes are also easier to play with good gear, than others.
    at same skill level, gear definitely shows advantage.
    but yeah, in general, there's a lot to practise in the game, and a huge part of that is knowing enemy classes well, too.

7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

First of all nobody dies to 1 hit. 1 skill, yes, maybe. Ultimates are best example and some of them are insanely unbalanced, like tamers.
    But YOU claiming that high geared players are in low geared areas, does not make it true. As I explained earlier, geared players are geared for a reason.... obviously because they are at more profitable areas since they have the gear to grind that. Literally no reason for them to go to a low gs area and kill low geared players.
    Also I never said that lvl 56 with 160 ap could win vs lvl 62 260ap tet-pen boss armor (even if that's really weird example you use here... prolly cause you don't know any brackets). Fact is, slimshadii (a good sorc player) went down to ~160 ap and took off his armor and fought geared (~261/301) people and won it. Fact is (depends on the gs bracket) that winning with ~50 less gs is possible with most classes and that are at least some realistic stats and a gear difference that you can meet at a spot. You for some reason want to make it insanely drastic.... what is the gs difference in your example? Like 200+?...
    I am also not even gonna start a discussion here that getting from 0-60 literally takes you less than one day atm with the 530% xp scrolls.

I know and agree on that. But the guy literally claimed that gear carries 99,9% and 0,1% skill in a fight. That's obviously typical bs from a guy who is just bad at PvP and needs something to blame.

8. Columba

I do fine at mirumoks and have no issues with little 49s running around. Somehow I don't feel oppressed by 49s. Perhaps it is you that doesn't understand how to grind there?

Factorial likes this.
  9. IWalkAlone

Some people like to PvP just becouse they like to PvP not for rewards, not everything is reward...
    And yes BDO is not PvP game, its MMORPG with open PvP...

10. Columba

I thought you played on Arsha? Why are you crying about so called “karmabomber?” Lol. You are griefing yourself.

The level of entitlement of some over geared players is appalling. A level 49 is bullying a level 62 by daring to visit locations on the map where the level 49 gets one shot by mobs! Oh the nerve of that pesky lowbie!

Sure it’s possible, perhaps the are is too difficult?

#90 Columba, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
    Solitaire and Factorial like this.
  11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Cause you obviously don't grind and at all and just do your dailys.
    See... others than you I am not full into myself. I do care for other players meanwhile you obviously don't. I also do have a -1 mil tamer for karma bombers :-)

Well you seem to be an egoistic person who doesn't care about other players. I do like to play with other people. Holy fk... I am actually SHARING?!
    Meanwhile you are making up bs and don't even know many trees there are at the main spot... I mean we all knew that you don't know that cause you obviously don't grind there...but you had enough time to ask other people, idk why you didn't do that to fake your "knowledge" :-)

Regardless how hard you try to claim the opposite, you can grief a whole mirumok rotation and everyone who grinded there knows that.

12. Makena

Why is this even still a thing? PVP in this game at grind spots happens for me every 4 months maybe.... if at all. The only reason you encounter much of it is if you are on Arsha in which case you would not be whining about "karma bombers".

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Game lost a lot of players, therefore less PvP. We also will not get any PvP content soon.
    Griefing is still possible tho. It also does not matter that it happens rare, there is a mechanic and it can be abused. That should not be a thing.

14. Makena

It is not being abused. The person in the grind spot actively chooses to turn on PVP and go negative. If the person in question is stupid enough to keep killing a low gear target and lose their karma instead of doing a guild war on their guild then that is totally their problem. If the person in question flagged up and killed the target without using their words first it is also their problem how that individual reacts.

Solitaire, Columba and cloj like this.
  15. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

If I am grinding in a spot and someone thinks they can claim the spot by just grinding over me I want to be able to use a given ingame mechanic to remove said player.
    At this point actually flagging on a player is pretty stupid as 90% keep coming back because there is no penalty.
    Not everyone is in a Guild, not every Guild declares wars, not every Guild can be declared on.
    Of course the player chose to turn on PvP but griefers are in such an advantage, there is literally nothing you can do if they want to **** up your grind or are to stubborn to leave. Sure at high end spots you can cc them into mobs but that doesn't work at every spot.

IWalkAlone and Kauni like this.
  16. Corsix

I'd rather toxic permadecs be removed/ bannable.

Solitaire likes this.
  17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You misunderstood me. As you can see several posts above I made an example of mirumoks grind. I can ruin the entire partys grind just because I want to and there is nothing you can do about that. That's a mechanic that can be abused.
    Let's say (for easy maths) we have 30 channels, that means 1 griefing person per channel can ruin 2 full party grinding spots (10 ppl). With that being said 30 people can abuse a mechanic and ruin the grind of 300 people.

You guys make it simple and talk about high geared vs low geared people PK. As I said earlier, geared people are geared for a reason and not because they waste their time ganking low geared plebs...

Thank you. That's what people don't understand... some casuals do really believe that a 600 gs player will suddenly leave sycraia to gank someone at bandits, nagas, fogans or idk...

Sidina likes this.
  18. itsallpoo

I have this conversation a dozen times a month, if I'm attacked I will defend myself if some idiot chooses to keep coming back for more how is that my issue? They attacked me...I do not lose Karma for self defense only if I start it. To me, the desert should not be the only place there is a jail. Perhaps if both were removed from the area of contestment and they then had cross the map again to get back there they might re-consider another bout. However this could be misused as well, a group or guild could have a sacrificial goat that attacks everyone and when both go to jail they get the area to themselves until they come back or somebody gets sick of it and changes servers. The one that burns my backside endlessly is the ship pvp, the galleys are so slow, even with blue gear and pro sailors that they're nothing but floating victims to sailboats or worse frigates. I'll never understand the mindset of people that think it's fun to ruin everyone else's day, I know worldwide pvp is the attraction to BDO but I also know of a lot of people who get turned off of it as well after a pvp event if players do not agree to more there should be a fifteen minute cooldown before the aggressor can declare again on the same person this might solve a bit of this stupid ambush stuff I'm geared but I don't pvp it holds no interest for me and I'm tired of some butt head who thinks it's fun to kill people who are just trying to enjoy their game.

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I mean you are another guy who is calling bodythrowing "self defense". Did you try that tactic in any other game? Idk like wow, gw2, dota, lol, cs? Idk what games you play but did it work in any other game? :-)

IWalkAlone and Sidina like this.
  20. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Right and I'm just trying to enjoy the game too when some butt head decides they need to grind over me and grief.
    If I wanna PvP I go to Arsha or BA or RBF, if I wanna be an assholes I go to the desert and don't give a damn about karma but if I wanna grind I don't see why I need to put up with body throwers.
    Not every PvP situation is as one sided as you want it to be.

IWalkAlone and Kauni like this.