1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma needs removed/Karma bombing bannable

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Avernacus, Jun 21, 2019.

1. kakodaimonos

I mean there is one simple solution that would make this thread completely unecessary:
    Group up.

You killers should just go in with a group in the first place so you can outgrind any "karmabomber/griefer" in a breeze so mobs only spawn when you are back in place.
    And you bombers should just ask for a group before running into a spot and start killing ****.
    And groups going into a spot should be able to ask the lone ranger into their group.

And everyone who disagrees because group play is not efficient enough or just wants to be asshats: well... eat ****.

All this "we play against each other not with each other" nonsense. Why even playing an Mmo in the first place?

If you wanna hardcore grind alone, go play PoE there is simply no one in your area unless you invite them to.

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You didn't read the posts above. Mirumok is the most popular group grinding spot. One person can go there and ruin your entire partys grind and there is NOTHING you could do about it.
    Got another solution?

3. kakodaimonos

True I did read the OP which was the intention of the thread?
    And that was about the global Karma system.

If people intentionally go into your spot to ruin it for you and not to grind themselves then it is called griefing and that my friend is a reason for a ban. Just write a ticket make some video proof he only wants to ruin your grinding and not grind himself and you should be golden.

Solitaire likes this.
  4. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

No it's not, otherwise there wouldn't be whole guilds dedicated to griefing at high end spots.

If I wanna group grind I go to a group spot. Why do you wonder about the player mentality if the game is literally designed that way.
    "Asked for a group before you grief" Right so because I don't want to group up with someone in a spot that is not designed to group up and just want to mind my own business I deserve to be griefed?

5. kakodaimonos

If this is the case... well then good luck getting anything changed in this game.
    I don't remember a single game where griefing isn't an option to be reported.

You don't deserve to be griefed but you have to fight for the spot then simple as that. You demand a place for your own then fight for it. You always have the option even though there are penalties.
    If someone is intentionally griefing you then it's not ok ofc. But if he would be ok with a group then it's completely up to you.

Solitaire likes this.
  6. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

That is what we are literally asking for.
    I am willing to fight for my spot, I am willing to duel, I am willing to flag on a person if they ignore any means of communication and yet in 90% of the cases I will be the one taking the loss.

7. kakodaimonos

If they refuse to communicate sure... all power to you.

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well I mean the OP probably was bit overheated. Regardless how people describe this "mechanic", there is an option in the game that allows griefing without any punishment. People just want to be able to defend their spots but karma is literally useless.

BDO was always meant to be a PvP game and PvP should be encouraged, instead they made it to griefers paradise.

9. kakodaimonos

But if you look at it the other way... everyone could grief you if they outgear you without karma loss. They could run into lower spots and kill you over and over again.
    It's basically the same thing.
    It doesn't work either way. You guys might be satisfied, plenty of PvE players probably aren't.

They could add a few more Arsha servers I've heard they even have increased loot. That might solve the issue. I mean Arsha is basically what you are asking for. Everyone can go red without punishment. So it is there.

Solitaire likes this.
  10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

That's because you have a radical change on your mind without checking other options :-)
    Removing karma is obviously wrong but even if it would be removed, do you really think a geared player will kill a low geared player over and over again? I promise you, it's not fun.

There are plenty solutions, like increasing spawn timer and location.
    Like starting with 30 sec spawn cd (yes sounds annoying but will not cut off your arm if someone does it for fun).
    Second death cd timer and location stays same.
    Third death 1 min cd, spawn town only.
    Fourth death 2 min cd, spawn only in main city (grana, calpheon, heidel etc).

Not saying it's the best option or something, just an example.

More arsha like servers would be an option too, yes. Arsha currently is not because it's the only PvP channel, so people mostly go there for PvP and not grinding. The reason why people just PvP on Arsha is because we barely have any PvP content.

Kinda ironic if you think about it how PvE people are afraid of getting ganked. Well... just give the PvP people something to do then, right? :-)

11. Columba

Why should he? He was there first and has every right to play the game too. Go back to learning how to deal with those terrible level 49s , lol

12. Columba

Wrong. You need to learn how to grind mirumoks.

13. Columba

No one is griefing you, lol. Learn To Share.

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

No I was first, cause I said so.
    Wrong. You would know if you would have had ever grinded there.

Can't, griefers don't wanna share. Also learn to type in one post my little spamming forum warrior :-)

15. Columba

Ok, well if we both claim we were first, I will just keep grinding, lol. Have fun trying to make me leave. I don’t really care if you stay and grind alongside me. I share. I never have had this problem with little level 49s. Perhaps you need to download more ram.

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Ping me when you grind mirumoks main spot next time, I will grief you if I am online. Let's see how your party is gonna like it :-)

Edit: Oh and stop throwing stuff together that I never said in that context. Although I understand you are a filthy forum warrior and need that.

17. Columba

Shirley. I’ve never been “griefed” yet. Then again, I rarely need to flag.

18. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

Yes lets please remove the Karma system so I can make non stop videos like these at Helms and Sausans with not penalty. And ruin every single low geared player I come across and grief them until they quit the game.

You guys have my vote.

Image things like in this video but non stop at helms and sausans and other low geared players areas.

Lets go bois Griefing Desert Online!

Columba likes this.
  19. Rügenwalder Pommersche

u are right, i dont want to imagine super close up camera at helms and sausans

well thank god i dont grind these low level areas

Sidina and Kauni like this.
  20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

So you running with food, villas, draught, perfume and jump an unbuffed wizard... what is that supposed to tell? Is that the evidence of my earlier claim that geared players are not the ones who randomly PK people for no reason?