1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma needs removed/Karma bombing bannable

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Avernacus, Jun 21, 2019.

1. I never had this kind of problems playing with friends and usually if my (dear) guild seen me killed they came to slaughter that person really quickly (I clearly remember this), so quickly that I couldn't even tell them in time that me and that (slain) guy had a chat and everything was fine hehe
    Well until some day I decided to play together with some fiery friends and yeah it was more "troublesome" but in a fun way, we always found a compromise and if I ever got bored I'd just leave, the others stayed and kept having fun.
    While I know there are some players, some situations, well when they really get mad, name calling starts and they get banned, imo that defeats the whole purpose of having fun in a game, so...
    [​IMG]

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  2. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

So I pop a bell and get all my exp/combat buffs ready and got o grind, then some noob decides he wants to grind at my spot with my bell there is nothing wrong with him just coming in and messing up my grind until I leave? Im not going to go to mirumok solo anticipating some karmabomber noob whos 450gs will make me grind with him or mess up the entire rotation. Most people wont respond. Many wont even group with you. If someone wants to mess up your rotation at say trees, they will. Literally all they have to do is walk around the rotation and cause everything to spawn, you cant just "grind better" from that. its just as bad at spots like gahaz since the rotations aren't even large enough for 1 person if youre a fast clearer so you end up spending a lot of time waiting for mobs to respawn as they kill like half of them as they respawn. The way you adamantly defend karma bombing shows how immature and childish you are. What you're doing is the equivalent of a child going "If I can't have it then no one can." Its just so annoying having people grief or Kbomb your rotation when youre running buffs and have been grinding there for awhile. They always walk up and ask for a duel too then lose and proceed to try to just grind over you and hope you decide its not worth it and leave. I think that if both people are reasonable things should be fairly easily solved and neither person needs to waste eithers time. If someone is running a lot of buffs or doing a daily quest/guild mission you should leave them alone or wait til their done. If someone goes to a spot they want they should ask how long youre grinding for, if youd accept a duel, if youd be willing to hop channels, if one of you would be willing to move to another rotation. The issue is that there are childish karmabombers and childish PKers. The karmabombers defend their right to do so to the death, and the PKers decide to kill you even more because they dislike your position and want to "teach you a lesson." We should all just try to be a bit more reasonable and 99% of these aggressive situations could be avoided. However people are unreasonable so until the devs decide which side they want to embrace (them not making a choice is a choice) this system will continue and not really anything we can do about it besides become lifeskillers lul

3. Columba

If I am in a location, minding my own business, avoiding others, why should I accept a duel?

Solitaire likes this.
  4. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Sure, I'll answer your question. The reason dueling became a thing is because it was viewed by many as a more polite way of taking a spot than just flagging up on someone and killing them as one reason. However the true reason dueling became a thing was to avoid wasting everyones time. If we simply duel for spot then you don't have to deal with someone trying to grind over you to take your rotation and you don't have to get griefed (hopefully) assuming you win. If you lose then you understand that that person is stronger than you and will likely grind fast enough to make the spot inefficient for you (albeit inefficient for him as well) so you can move to a rotation that is likely slightly less efficient than the one you were in , but more efficient than trying to grind the better rotation faster than him. Simply put, people duel so that it doesn't become a contest of who is more stubborn and willing to waste more of their time and resources just to hold some random spot when they both would've been better off going to a worse spot that's open and actually grinding. That said I personally will only try to take a spot someone is grinding at already for very few reasons. The two main reasons I would do that are 1. I just hopped from a channel where all rotations are taken and all rotations are taking on this new channel, or 2. I have a guild quest on that channel preventing me from hopping, there isn't much time left on it, and all rotations are taken. Besides that if youre there youre there and ill look elsewhere. Now that Ive answered your question could you respond to what I wrote besides 5 words about dueling?

5. Columba

I never said there was nothing wrong with him interrupting your rotation. In fact, I've consistently said that I don't condone and never do that. I avoid others. My point is that creating punishment for lower geared players would do far more harm and griefing than does the current situation. I was in the game when pvp losses resulted in exp losses, and griefing was rampant. I don't care if i am fully buffed and someone runs through the same area I am grinding . I ask them to join me, talk to them and tell them how long I will be. If those fail, I ignore them and outgrind them. You see, I don't have to have 100% max efficiency. I know it's my choice on how I react, not their problem. If i choose to flag up, I own the consequences, not whine about so called "karmabombing."

Solitaire likes this.
  6. Columba

Ok, I reject your rationale. If I am there first, bothering no one and avoiding others, I see no reason to duel. I will leave when I am ready. If someone chooses to flag, that's fine. i don't cry about it. I enjoy the free pvp experience. If they stay, I don't lose much exp because I know how to grind. If I leave, i'd be much worse off. If they consider pvp a "waste of time," that's their problem. I don't mind pvp interruptions. So, there's my answer, there is zero reason for me to accept a duel. I don't expect others to duel either. I leave them alone and go where it's empty. Really not that tough to understand.

#146 Columba, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Vanraven, Solitaire and GnatGoSplat like this.
  7. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

So are you saying by default of class imbalance. Beings of some notoriously bad 1v1 classes, should never be able to grind at a spot? And always have to leaves simply because of class imbalance in this game? Because just because a player decided to play a GOD Tier 1v1 they are entitled to the spot because of class imbalance?

Solitaire, Eryola and Columba like this.
  8. Columba

entitlement is an ugly thing

Solitaire and Fearless V like this.
  9. Fearless V

Yet they have the audacity nerve talk about others self entitlement. I guess all they can do is project at this point.

10. Columba

Truth, justice and righteousness shall prevail

11. Fearless V

What is truth?

What is justice?

What is this righteousness you speak of?

I don't think you quite understand how this multiverse behave. The statements you described above are outdated notions and concepts of the past. You should drop such concepts from your mind. You'll find out it's much easier to get ahead in this existence, once you do!

Columba likes this.
  12. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 63 EU

Atleast fix the stupit bugs in the karma system, tonight I went negative -400k because I used my doom to kill karanda but appearently the fire damage debuff is able to kill people during the boss save zone and while you are not even flagged (I tripple checked as I tought it was weird all those healthbars suddenly popped up). Now I wonder how columba thinks about this with his rigteousness bs agenda.

13. Columba

Learn how to use your Doom Horse, lol

14. Fearless V

Sounds like you should be asking to fix a bug with the boss mechanics. Not the removal of the Karma system. Here since I'm feeling kind today I'll even help you out with a link! https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?categories/support.50/

Hmm doesn't surprise me in the slightest that a Striker main would be asking for the removal of the Karma system.

15. Unranked

its just the tread I stumbled upon while salty of low karma guys... no need to be a *****. anyways I tought about a ticket but I want to figure out some more about it (is it reproducable and does it also allow other save zone bypasses) before I write a propper bug report about it. also my last two tickets took more then two weeks before I got a response so if im doing a ticket its only for their sake, not my own since any problem I would want to get fixed by them, can be fixed by yourself in those two weeks.....

Edit, besided when im offering solutions and I lost stuff because of their stupit system, they always skillfully read between the latter. And in the reply they thank you for every seperate solution without even mentioning the repercussions you had to endure getting there. so in my eyes support tickets are for their support, not for ours.

#155 Unranked, Jul 2, 2019
  16. Unranked

columba if anything you should praise me for getting doom with your learn to share tm. only dream with dual seater so I can powerlevel others

#156 Unranked, Jul 2, 2019
  17. Mikroman

Bd
    BDO is not solo game. If you go to favorite spots you will have chance to get "friends". Killing players is pure a**hole tactic. No excuse to do it. Most of this victims (pk players) kill others without any provocation too. You deserve karma loss. If you have better gear and you farm lower gs area you deserve doubled/tripled karma loss. Stop whine and spamming weak excuses! You are not a victim. You are the agressor. The killer.

18. TeRRoRibleOne

Dueling for spot is a waste of time at this point. 90% of the time when someone duels me and they lose, they continue to grind in the rotation I was doing which just defeated the point of it. People can't accept losses, especially in this game. I don't even bother dueling for spot anymore, I just ignore the person and force them to flag if they really want it. But 99% of the time they even lose doing that multiple times. There are simple solutions to the topic at hand.
    1) Decrease guild war dec's to 5 minutes. If someone if griefing you, they don't get 15 mins of being an a-hole, they get 5.
    2) Make every guild dec'able again.
    3) If the person is guildless allow for personal dec's. Get's rid of people being immune.
    4) Have a system that if a person dies multiple times to a person in some sort of span, they are forced to respawn in town. This doesn't allow people to keep popping tears till they get their way.

If you don't like those suggestions you are more than likely the type of person who likes to grief to get their way. I can tell you the person who likes to spam "learn to share" is a griefer, he doesn't share, he will grief you for as long as he can till you flag and go negative killing him and then making you leave. He doesn't share, he griefs till he gets his way, I've watched him do it multiple times.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. Columba

I don't grief anyone. I mind my own business. I stand my ground.

20. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Aren't you the guy who bitched about losing a crystal bc you were getting carried at Sausans and you "accidentally" flagged on someone? Seems like you accidentally go negative by no fault of your own a lot.

Fearless V, Solitaire and Columba like this.