1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma needs removed/Karma bombing bannable

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Avernacus, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

That's harsh! Even I wasn't going to rub that into it.

Columba likes this.
  2. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

It actually is a thing I have heard from other Doom owners. The Fire trail is all sorts of bugged, people were even able to kill their own Guildies *shrug*

3. Columba

well that's a shame. lol

4. Diepel

Karmabombing is only a problem for people with anger issues. They feel like they have no control over the situation and then snap. It is not like people will leave if you step in their rotation, just because you want to "duel" them. Furthermore, people who interrupt in your rotation will also not leave because you killed them. Flagging in every situation is irrationale and will harm yourself. If you start to get this concept, karmabombing is not existent and you will have a way better time in BDO.

Eryola, Solitaire, Vanraven and 2 others like this.
  5. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 63 EU

your a jerk, first time it was an accident now its a bug stop being such a ***** about it please....

6. Mystake

What they need to do is bring back EXP loss on death, with capacity to level DOWN. Something like 3% per death, but for negative karma players, 10% on death + chance of crystal break/caphras level loss if not in the desert. That way, there is incentive for everyone to fight each other, or declare/join a guild rather than cry about PKing/karma bombing.

7. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

[​IMG]

PvP already is only viable for less than 5% of the playerbase of the game. But that's not enough for your kind.

Nope! Lets make it so that more than 95% of the playerbase stand no chance to progress in this game at all. Because your kind think that will invite more players to stick around or even try the game in the first place.

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  8. NESTINAR

9. Auxey

You being a **** to other people: I'm the KING
    Other people being a **** to you: NOOOO BAN THOSE PEOPLE RRREEEEE

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  10. Columba

Nope. Stupid idea that would cause massive griefing. Learn To Share

Solitaire likes this.
  11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Looks like they started to rework karma, what a surprise... who had thought that they gonna try to fix an obvious broken ressource :-)

12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

oh that sounds really nice, would u mind sharing where u found that information

13. Columba

Source?

Solitaire likes this.
  14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Yeah...source?

Solitaire likes this.
  15. Auxey

Source: his ass

Solitaire likes this.
  16. Bunnyrivenluver

its here to stay due to people being overgeared

Solitaire and Fearless V like this.
  17. Brakelon

Spot taken, obey ^^

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

● When a character's Karma goes below zero and some of his or her items lose their effects, raising the karma back above zero will instantly and immediately restore those items. (This may only apply to KR server's PC Bang exclusive items.)

https://www.invenglobal.com/article...july-3rd-kunoichi-cron-meals-and-buff-changes

Idk what these "PC Bang exclusive items" are but they are at least trying to solve the karma issue somehow. Whatever these items are, we won't get it soon anyway... sadly...

You always said karma system is fine and not broken. Now why do they work on it? :-)

19. The Skulltaker

Where are the baby photos now? They were were funny and a perfect summary for this topic, no need for them to be removed :(

20. Vanraven

There is nothing wrong with the Karma system, rather there is something wrong with the western mindset. Long ago when I played Lineage 2, I had a cool friend from S.Korea who played L2 KR and US. One thing I noticed was in KR, there were rarely any videos of ganking (what westerners like to consider pvp), instead there were tons of videos of sieges and clan wars. Out of curiosity I asked her why?

She explained that in KR, ganking is rare. The reason being is that often times the person you want to gank is often gaming right next to you or a few rows down. In KR, she said a lot of gaming takes place in LAN cafes. When a ganking occurred it lead to a clan war which often would spill over into real life. Here in the West we tend to be scattered through out the continent and never will know each other personally. So the power of anonymity occurs. Were you feel you can do whatever you like and don't give a crap because you do not know the person.

In addition the Western mindset tends to be independent and "I take what I want" were as in KR it was team effort and helping people get to the level you are. So no, I don't see them changing the Karma system just to cater the NA audience. Its a KR game, if you want to play then you have to adapt to the KR playstyle.

Each time I read posts about karma bombing its the same. And the solution is the same: Try talking to the person. Ask them to group, ask how long they may be there, try to find a different channel or spot. There are ways around it besides beating down a person and expecting them to bend to your will. Western players tend to have serious social issues in comparison to our KR counter parts.

Fearless V likes this.