1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep seeing people ships getting blown up at Velia Dock

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amieelee, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

I do not feel sorry for them one bit being the ones that are blown up are one in the way Guild ship are the worse they have their Owen dock and never use it.

2. Vortexii

When other players ships can block your pathing that's simply terrible game design ;)

But I guess they have a new class to sell instead of working on critical issues! #priorities

VasilisD likes this.
  3. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

do you understand that people can not nothing about being stuck in the red zone while autopathing toward velia?
    The people destroying those ships are wrong and don't understand the issue. The problem is by pearl abyss, the players can't do nothing about it.

4. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

When there is no one on the ship they are not autopathing. That is a lame excuse.

Naho and Jena like this.
  5. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

it has nothing todo with auto pathing it about people leaving ship there for days and not putting them away and when people get tired of not being able to get to the dock they will blow up ship that are in the way

The_Grimace, Naho, Sylo78 and 2 others like this.
  6. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

I have a red alt just for that reason waiting at the wharf manager. Though that is just as annoying as the bug were you ship is stuck in place since its floating in the air and you cant use it until you relog.

7. Mimimimi

funny how it works without a problem at iliya, but doesnt work in velia

8. chendu

Velia's harbour was extended but not it's safe zone. the harbour is a the extreme limit of the safe zone so a boat in front of it as it's prow in the save zone but not it's rear

We've told Every possible way to fix this Since the ocean update quite a while ago, they seemingly don't care

9. LesserHellspawn

I just circle around the mole and anchor my ship behind it, that works fine. And I put it into storage unless I want to sail out immediately again after repair and restock.

10. Allan1985

red zone?? what are you talking about?? also there is something called "REMOTE COLLECT"

11. Serendipity

The safe zone is very small in Velia conpared to Illya. And what does this have to do with remote collect which will put your ship into the last wharf it was checked in?
    The fix would be very easy for PA, they just need to extend the safe zone in Velia.

chendu and Wodahs like this.
  12. Allan1985

so you mean the boat is in open pvp territory, i dont see how that is relevant, as i see it the key problem here is related with habits, the very moment i reach the port the first thing i do is to collect my boat and put it out again, spawning on a single location every time and stacking up with other boats, it doesnt bother anyone hence anyone attacks it, its just a habit related to be an organized person, as much as i am a pacifist i hate it when people mindlessly leave their boats everywhere, if it wasnt because i am on a guild i would sink all those messy bastards.

13. Serendipity

You do understand that what I wrote was a direct answer on another post, right? I always check in my boat and I am pretty annoyed by those people who don´t and I am totally for sinking them. But the reason why this is an issue in the first place is because the safe zone is so small you sometimes can´t even reach it because you are blocked by other boats.

14. Skol600ml

The karma loss shouldn't be applied to abandoned boats, on contrary, you should drop some "Imperial Shiny Golden Seal"

chendu and MisterJoy like this.
  15. Sandpit_

The problem is two-fold. First, bad design making the area too small, but second, players deliberately park to block because the first issue lets them.

So yes, PA can fix this, but destroying these boats is absolutely the thing to do.

chendu likes this.
  16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Why put the blame on bad intents when the most plausible answer is incompetence and/or carelessness ?

17. Sandpit_

Because I have seen people deliberately manoeuvre their ships back and forth for a couple of minutes to park it across the approach to close a gap and form a blockade

18. Eternal2nd

Eternal2nd Kamigamino Sorceress 61 EU

People who destroy those ships and clear the harbor are true heroes. God bless

19. piratebeowolf

That is because the Blue zone extends further there than Velia which you would think would be similar

20. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Remote collect is not viable with barter goods or sailors on board is it?