1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Khan griefing issues ... and why PA doesn't care anymore

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by FreZkim531, Dec 16, 2019.

1. FreZkim531

So consider this, you have multiplayer game. you implement no pvp zone for bosses YET you don't wanna do this for khan. GM's are dealing with people that are little crybabies but won't deal with REAL ISSUES that make people wanna quit right away.

What's the deal ? i was mercing for Khan and i just witnessed 'witch hunting' which i consider '50/50' except it's considered Boss (World Bosses have pvp disabled) . and they can kill cannons right away without being punished at all using ship cannons (no karma loss or anything) which made killing Khan impossible. so here is my thing. you can either let PA know to fix it. or have even more people complaining about it. Because there will be more and more people griefing like this which might end up with less people wanting to play this game

2. Andaro

Ambassador

Just wanted to point out that Khan is a Guild Boss, not a World Boss, and is only affected by pvp-restrictions if a world boss has spawned during the time when you activate Khan.

With that having been said, I fail to see how the problem you have posed is any different from other guild competitions. You can grief other guilds doing guild missions if you wanted, and what is to happen regarding conquest owners being forced at war with other regions (Call vs Mediah vs Valencia) in regards to guild activities?

The truth is, you can layer as many anti-grief components into a content as you like, but without a non-pvp server it is still going to happen, and the developers don't want to move into pure non-pvp servers.

AZzalor likes this.
  3. FreZkim531

Well. yeah except you either have to declare war or lose karma in that scenario. in Khan scenario which stands by know you can destroy cannons without really getting any disadvantages or being red (exp loss) or in extreme scenario gem loss. that is what my problem stands for which means that 'griefer' side has ABSOLUTELY NO PUNISHMENT. they can and WILL ruin your boss and only thing you can do is just shrug. i was doing guild quests in which i was being hunted and i hunted people doing gq too. but in both of those scenario only thing that could determine outcome was my skill , gs , and things like that. i could get killed so could he. what 'counterplay' have people as for right now that will destroy your cannons in order to make Khan not killable THAT is why i wrote this thread and i'm still pretty sure there is possibility that Pearl Abyss can do something against it

4. Deyric

Foolish really given the amount of lifeskill PvE only guilds out there. If they don't want people running to the PvE only server to hide out, put a heavy limit on transferring to and from it. Say a month long timer to move to or from it. Meaning if you want to go to the PvE server you have to commit a considerable amount of time on it. That should be sufficient to prevent server hopping. I'd say the same should be done for the PvP server.

I think they'd be surprised how many commit to it, and how soon they'd have to add more PvE servers. As a business decision it makes sense to make it.

I'd stay on regular servers myself, but I think it makes sense to let those that want a PvE server to have one.

5. ClearArrow

ClearArrow Ranger 63

Oh trust me, people can find ways to witchunt your guild and grief members to the point of being unable to do anything else. Even changing channel does not work, as people can actively spread out and search for you if they really put effort into it.

I've had one of these crazy people and their guild on my guild for over a year now because it's 'fun'. Kinda scary the lengths obsessive people will go to...

Tokigare and Fearless V like this.
  6. Claydough

Whats the problem here?
    Have people defend the people in the cannons

the worst part of this game is theres not enough stuff like this where guilds can have turf wars and rivalries together in open world

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  7. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

at best they should add karma loss upon destroying cannons, just like with horses and ships.

If you would have read what he said, people shoot the cannons down from their ship from 100 meters away, with no way of counterplaying it. now you can say mount your ship and kill them, but killing another ship takes about 2 minutes, while the cannons are dead in one shot.

Intec and Fearless V like this.
  8. Lord_Xenon

And to add to that, the act of sinking another one is here penalized with being an aggressive counteract. So you have a destroyed cannon AND karma loss while the other killed the cannon and got NO KARMA LOSS.

Wodahs and Fearless V like this.
  9. yukishiro1

It's clearly bad design the way you can destroy someone's cannons with no penalty or counterplay. Disappointing to see Andaro again carrying water for bad design.

Amerrante and Fearless V like this.
  10. Schinrah

To absolutely no ones surprise I might add.

As for Khan, the only reason it's even worth considering to do that abomination is because PA in their infinite wisdom introduced another ridiculous power creep item: Vell + Khan with 3AP + up to 11 DP. I can only imagine how unpopular this content is going to be when word spreads around how easily you can grief the few people and guilds actually putting time and effort into doing it.

11. Catastigma

so the probleme is just the lack of karma lost for destroying canon.

Its not the pvp.

12. Corsix

Why not add a full PVE only serveR? Just 1. like Arsha

13. Catastigma

Channel would not exist in the first case.

What the points of making a open world game if everyone have praticly a personnal channel..

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  14. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

There is only one reason a PvE channel would not exist. Cash Shop based enhancement progression system.

But in my honest opinion. I dare say both Pearl Abyss and Kakao would make way more money over time. By just adding some PvE only channels. It would bring and convince more players to stick around. Which means more players spending more money on BDO.

Actually if BDO didn't utilize such overly aggressive business model. BDO would end up doing much better. But it seems only Western game teams are capable of such foresight and strategy.

Deyric likes this.
  15. Corsix

its not personal. 100 players on a channel is not a personal channel. you still have to outgrind someone.

Wodahs likes this.
  16. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

People need to grow a pair and stop crying about pvp in an open world pvp game. Gitgud, get stong and kick some ass. It's what the game was designed for...

T800 likes this.
  17. Catastigma

At this points thier would stop updating the map and instancing everythink. its 50 time less expensive for the same result.

18. Catastigma

There are not 100 people grind in the same places and there is not only one rotation. The only time you will make someone fight for a spot is on Arsha. For obvious reasons.

There are so many unpopulated channels for grind ( since Grinding is totaly optional now). if you see someone on your channel. it is guaranteed that if you switch to any other channel you will be quiet for a looooonnnnggg time...

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Well yes I agree with you you it's much more expansive than what they are doing now. But in the long run like Western game teams have proved. They'd make much more money. And have a thriving active playerbase scene. It's the reason most Western MMOs actual playerbase numbers take huge dumps on Korean MMO's to include BDO's NA server. ( I can't speak for the rest of the regions since I don't play on them.)

20. Roechacca

Ship canons from 100 meters away, acting like artillery eh? No way to counter or have another guild ship intercept?

T800 likes this.