1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowledge Overhaul Pls? People have been begging for Years!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FamousAzzkicker, Feb 22, 2020.

1. FamousAzzkicker

Can we pls get a Knowledge Overhaul?

-Add optional ways to obtain Knowledge for Ecology (high ap zones that not everyone can do but still want the energy from it) (but also boss knowledge like mutant ogre/troll)

-Raise Special Fame Reward (rewards way too tiny for being the hardest category, also calculation is based on CP cap , when it should be ENERGY cap instead!)

-"Special Divine Power" Quest Weekly Scroll, should be obtainable without killing mobs for the quest too like every other daily/weekly from blackspirit (based on having the knowledge from the boss).

-Delete unobtainable Knowledge (clean up your mess/polish Knowledge)

-Increase Item droprate past 20% or allow us to get some other buff from getting S-Rank in every Category past the "8000" Knowledge Points.

-Add more Rewards other than Titles for Gained Knowledge Amount

As a completionist this has been triggering me for years, and we never get "rewarded" or any attention from the Devs (patchwise).

Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  2. Nextgengame

They should simply add energy regeneration rate increase to the reward.
    Currently getting more than 200 energy is pretty pointless as it not going to regenerate faster anyway.
    Make it so that your energy regenerates 50% faster for every 200 max energy you have. (0.25% increase/max energy).

Factorial likes this.
  3. Ashaara

Ask Friends that dont care about Knowledge but somehow got it anyway to make a book out of that category you need. He can put it into his house. You can read it. Rinse and Repeat for S Knowledge without even fighting one mob. Has the same rng to it. Have fun doing nothing in that time. Grinding is more rewarding.

As someone who has almost every knowledge, this triggers me the most about this game devs.

4. Lord_Xenon

>>-Raise Special Fame Reward (rewards way too tiny for being the hardest category, also calculation is based on CP cap , when it should be ENERGY cap instead!)<<

Interesting thing: While energy isn't counted to it, the knowledge from it is. 10 points = 1 special fame when I'm not mistaken. So I'm not sure if it would be such an improvement. And removing CP from it would be a step backwards.

>>-Delete unobtainable Knowledge (clean up your mess/polish Knowledge)<<

This need to be detailed first. Most just lack the knowledge how to obtain entries. And do you think devs know exactly what can't be obtained etc. and what can, but the player fail to do so?

5. FamousAzzkicker

special fame is currently calculated like this = ( Knowledge Points / 10 ) + ( CP CAP ) = Special Fame
    if it was the energy cap it would be way higher and it would make more sense because knowledge gives energy not cp.
    cp is from questing, and dailies / weeklies and profession sidedishes, doesn't make any sense to me.

and there is actually unobtainable knowledge, if they need help finding out which one it is (which i doubt) , then they should ask plenty of knowledge hunters in this forum they would get an immediate answer.

1 example is life skill > crafting > installment tools I > (all the furniture that can be crafted through workers) you dont get knowledge from workers crafting!

there is also installment tools II / III which is datamined and you can find it under bdocodex.com in knowledge category, but you cant obtain it also.

6. Lord_Xenon

Maybe such things are hints of future content(selfcrafting like some suggested/wanted etc.). So they would make sense that they exist
    And yeah there needs to be 'hints' what is not obtainable as you simply don't know if the entry is really lost or is prone to a) player not able to find the right way to gain it b) it's postponed c) it's about future content

7. FamousAzzkicker

then they still should get removed and readded in a future patch, its very annoying if you cant complete something because of a "MAYBE" content in the future which "MAYBE" releases 3 years later.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. DaveH

Like the idea. Especially since I like hunting knowledge too. But even though I have done for example Relic scrolls you never get the knowledge for the Bosses. Yes I know there are different versions of the same Boss, but man throw us a bone there?

9. Lord_Xenon

For what? To waste devtime?