1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korea Patch Notes for Valk (good news!) June 7th

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Zimtiah, Jun 7, 2018.

1. [Valkyrie]

Promptness will consume 100 Stamina instead of 200.

Skill description of Promptness has been edited.
    - Floating on good hits > Floating on good left click hits after Death Line Chase.

bit less wheelchair :-D

MaraSol, Hearts, Itan86 and 2 others like this.
  2. DCoVeR

finally something goood, both changes are excellent <3

3. Kenwulf

We still have 0 PvP mobility, so not much changed.

Tamosaki likes this.
  4. kierra

Good news indeed, but we shouldn't lower our guard and keep the pressure. They admit they made a mistake going to far with Promptness that's good. We should always try to push our class up, not to get it OP, but to make it more enjoyable.

yeah now our wheelchair have W-32 on it :)

#4 kierra, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  5. Knaillou

What was the stamina comsuption before the nerf? I just came back after a 4 month break and my Valk feels like I'm playing with a truck or something, I can't even grind anymore, it was already hard enough... what the **** devs

6. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Stamina Consume was still quiet high if you had to dash alot
    but for PvP it was perfectly fine. you could go in and out of a blob and get some distance before running out of stamina. in 1v1 you could play really aggressive with the amount of stamina you had. you still had to keep it in check to have enough for stuff like Hasti tho.
    now youre ****ed before youre even in the blob
    people were qq'ing about Valks being to fast. but if someone actually chases you, you would run out of stamina sooner or later and the guy chasing will catch up.
    if they wanna give us more mobility back they need to reduce the Stamina cost on the dash to like 80-100. it would make the dashcancel viable again. but it would still cost more than before. but tbh with the movespeedbuff from A/D+Lmb the dash is pretty fast so not even really needed to do the cancel.
    also reduce or just delete stamina cost on certain Skills like hasti (300).

Grinding with valk before this whole ******** happened was really good. if you werent grinding crap like nagas where you would run out of stamina constantly. i was always close to other top grinding classes at Manshaums. Just need to know how to do it :P

The Stamina isnt our only problem right now. we have barely any skills that can actually cc people. besides pull you have absolutely nothing that is protected and still got a good cc. and our pre awak ist just garbage

if they dont completly rework our class i see no hope srsly.
    We can tank for ****
    our dmg isnt that good anymore. mainly since its so hard to get a cc off and we rely on down attack alot
    our cc's are absolute ****
    i dont even start about mobility

its funny how they wanted to get out of the oneshot meta. nerfing wizards and valks to oblivion.
    but now you just get oneshot by musas and ninjas which dont even need 100% skills to easily oneshot you

#6 Legacina, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Hearts and Tamosaki like this.
  7. Tamosaki

I still don't think it was as fast as the dash cancelling. There is just too many flaws with using any of these methods as an engagement anyway. First if we use promptness method there is absolute no protection. Second, DLC only has FG off CD and that is the problem if we use it to close in 2 or more DLCs which is approx distances you stay back really (more like 3 DLC distances away). So its not like DLC method is going to be any better. At least with next weeks patch the reduction of stamina on promptness will give us better grinding speeds and the DLC method will be more of a lazy mans way.

We seriously lack protection in our mobility/evasive measures, and shield turtling is the only viable method at least to the distance of 1 DLC.

8. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

At least a good news ! Valk is still dead in pvp but at least it will become a little bit easier to grind. Kinda pissed to be always behind everyone else in a grinding group.

9. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

nah its not as fast but i still was suprised that it was at least decent. i would love to have our old dash back. took you at least some skill to use it. i loved it
    and they have to add way more protection on all our dashes cause fg is just garbage in blobfights especially as a melee class
    always pissed me off after an ult cause it was pure rng if you get out or not cause you definitely dont have lingering left after your ult. and we all know how tempting it is to jump into 10 people that are all clumped up xD

10. Kusaragii

Looking forward to this weeks patch.

11. bob349

Originally it was 200 stamina. Less than a year ago they changed it to 100. They just recently changed it back to 200 and then added an additional cost to Death Line Chase which is why it currently feels like ****.

12. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Funny thing is.
    they gave us less stamina cost on Promptness so we are able to grind better.
    im really curious what they were thinking when they readded it + the stamina on DLC. it makes absolutely no sense
    ''ahhhh dont worry all the valks that still play are already 61/62/63 they dont need to grind anymore''
    the old team either got fired.
    or they really have absolutely no clue what they are doing.