1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korean Patch Notes 2020.03.18 - Seasonal server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Alterist, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shariah

Why are we still fighting about PvP?
    If you want it, go to Arsha.

Seems to me the easiest solution is to create an Arsha-type server and several PvE servers within the seasonal servers.

Those who think PvP is more peaceful and will level them up faster or is fun etc can go to Seasonal Arsha.

Problem solved.

LucidKill likes this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I recently had a fight at centaurs 1v6 of a guild that was doing a guild quest there. I declared war and kept farming them over and over again and in the end they gave up and couldn't finish the gq. So yes, pvp can definitly have an impact on guildquests and no idea why factorial keep denying that.

Smileybones likes this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Because he lives in an imaginary world where all players are gentlemen and all grind spots have as much rotations as the one he admitted derping all day in.

AZzalor likes this.
  4. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Or not.
    I don't see why some people think that the problem would be solved by fulfilling the desires of a handful of pure pve players that reject an existing part of the game.

PvPvE solutions are the way to go.

AZzalor likes this.
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If that was the case, nobody would use the pk function.

6. Factorial

Hey do you even what a pve server is to begin with?

7. Factorial

Bdo is been out for nearly half a decade and you can't figure out how to complete a guild quest. That is your problem. If you can't figure out how to deal with it, I am still sad for you. It turned out that all this time, people hate you in game so much that they won't even let you do a guild quest in peace.

8. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Why are you people arguing about the RIGHT to PVP in a sandbox game , why does someone need a reason to kill someone other than because the can?

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/

KEY FEATURES
    • 1. Robust Character Creation Tools
      Make the characters YOU want to play.

• 2. Combo-Oriented, Non-Targeted Combat
      Take part in fast-paced, action-packed combat with skills that can be chained through exciting combos.

• 3. Warfare
      Massive free-for-all Guild battles! Join a Guild and participate in daily Node Wars or weekly Conquest Wars against many other competing Guilds. Win the Node or Castle and claim it for a week to collect taxes for your Guild.
    For people who say this game isnt being marketed as pvp this is on their website 3rd point clearly states pvp as a key feature.

What form of pvp is still decided by the players, dueling, pk, nodes/siege, guild decs , AoA , rbf.

As for grind etiquette that **** is made up , if you have the ability to take over a spot then spot is yours by what ever means you use,and you know part of the tools you can use is the ACTIVATE PVP , no reason aside from you own is all that matters. You want to kill someone for the sake of it then you can

IWalkAlone and AZzalor like this.
  9. Kagedancer

The third point is guild wars and misleading. What if you don’t even belong to a guild? You can still be Pked.

Either way, guild wars and daily/weekly events is not the same as OwPKing. They way they advertise it looks like you have to choose to compete in these activities. Which is true for the limited PvP modes they are discussing but it says nothing of OwPK.

im not even willing to call it OwPvP anymore because that is rarely what it is. It’s usually OwPK.

#209 Kagedancer, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 and woots like this.
  10. Crimson_Scarlet

The reponse to that is very simple actualy, its ALT + C , which then turns on the flag icon which means pvp mode is active , while im not trying to make fun of people (to a degree anyways ) its simply indended , the developers of the game allowed you to do it, what more can you argue then when the game it self is allowing you to have the ability to do so?

Whether you in the think your in the right while grinding, courteous , noob , vet , evil d-bag . doing a quest it wont change on normal servers anyways and that is pvp can be activated by the player giving them the choice and if its to screw someone over then so be it. Working as intended.

11. RedixArt

I can't help but wonder...these people who keep on telling us stuff about their right to harass other players (usually people they can 2 shot,otherwise is not fun) Are they missing something in real life? It doesn't matter how bad my day is i just can't go to a lower spot and kill a poor soul i know they won't have a chance to fight back. Sadalsuud,my friend,in your opinion only the best gamers can play this game,well i wish one day BDO to only have you and your amazing pvp players left,let's see how much money the game will make. A lot of money also come from casual players. You are mean and ignorant,we didn't ask for the pvp to be deleted from the game,but to stop being harassed by cowards. I don't spend 10h a day in game to run back and forth after being killed,i can only play 1-2h,i don't do events for scrolls and stuff so i can waste them after being pked by somehow who is not bothered to farm another spot.Please,amazing gamers,just stay on Arsha,i,as a pve player don't go there.It's funny how greedy some people can be tho..they have anything they want,but won't be happy coz they can't harass others XD

#211 RedixArt, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Joungf, crosspath, LucidKill and 6 others like this.
  12. Kagedancer

I was only stating that what you copied and pasted wasn't saying what you claimed it said whatsoever. I am fully aware how the game operates.

LucidKill likes this.
  13. Crimson_Scarlet

PVP is PVP , player fighting another player

AZzalor likes this.
  14. Kagedancer

Read it again. Slowly this time.

It didn't advertise "PVP", it advertised GUILD pvp. And then talked about Daily and Weekly modes, that appear optional and only for competitors to win taxes. NOT generalized PVP.

LucidKill, Phoenixxx75 and RedixArt like this.
  15. Factorial

I am not arguing against pvp. Don't get it twisted. What I am primarily arguing about is the lie that pvp is the main focus of bdo and that nothing can be done without it. If someone says they like the fun of pvp, then I totally support them. What I won't tolerate is people saying that a pve channel is going to destroy or disrupt bdo. One single pve channel will not hurt bdo in any way, period.

Likewise, you don't need pvp to play bdo. Pvp is optional.

As long as people will continue to spread false information and stupid rules, I will argue against them to the best I can. It's nothing personal.

16. Crimson_Scarlet

Its not you who decides what generalised pvp, its the player doing the pvp they decide on how it goes down so to speak. How its worded were only examples since it never mentioned BA, trial chars, rbf ,nor the mention of karma or consequences of actions that is for the players to find out themselves.

Whether its consentual or not doesnt matter and never has, combat against another player is PVP and as for examples given were forms of pvp that are conducted in bdo that are more well known.

Incase you didnt know

What PVP means?
    Player(s) versus player(s), better known as PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer-controlled opponents and/or players, which is referred to as player versus environment (PvE)

Seems to follow the general definition of pvp.

17. Crimson_Scarlet

I understand the arguement you guys were having and the answer simply lies Cash Cows hands

- whether they see it as a good thing or bad
    - whether they care about the opinions of current players for/against pve servers
    - how it will effect sales
    - where the headless chicken lands what ever

If they want it , then it gets implemented the consequences of their actions come after.

We dont know and can only guess, these are simply unknowns and will only be known if its done.

IF you've been playing BDO for long enough you know what I mean by they just do something when they want and deal with the aftermath later or until KR player base make a loud enough noise then it gets changed.

NA/EU players feelings/opionions dont matter and never have so we just have to wait and see the results.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  18. Shariah

Seasonal Arsha is PvPvE.
    Just like regular Arsha is PvPvE.

If anything my idea gives you a place to world PvP as opposed to the only-PvE seasonal servers.

Very confused as to why you’d be against the idea of PvP in your seasonal channel.

19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I don't know the opinion of PVP players, I'm personally a PvPvE player, my gear is far from being at the highest level, I'm not a hardcore player with plenty of time, I got my ass kicked off from a spot more than once and I still consider that owpvp is an important part of the game because its grind is far from being one of the most exciting ones in MMORPGs.
    So report the pk-griefers as much as possible, these ones does not deserve a good game like BDO, but don't consider that all players are using owpvp ONLY to annoy others. That's a narrow-minded point of view about owpvp, its use may get in conflict with your own interest at a given moment but that's the idea behind it, and it's a potential risk you accepted by coming on BDO and going level 50.

You should address your complain to another player, because I don't feel implicated in your post.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  20. Factorial

So true. We can only express our opinions. Like you said, pearl abyss will do what it wants, our opinions be damned. I find the seasonal servers to be somewhat hilarious. Was it really necessary to have them?

People have been begging for meaningful pvp modes for a billion years now and they throw another pve server at us. I am really confused. If they really wanted to make people catch up, then just give them catch up gear.

This is purely my speculation: The seasonal server seems like a farce. It's a cross between giving a pure pve server and giving a fake catch up server. In the end, it's all half assed. It's going to be another failed project, but I will wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.