1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR and NA/EU Events Disparity

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by viciousshark, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. viciousshark

Players need to ask Kakao why does NA/EU always get dumbed down versions of the KR events! Sometimes we don't get them at all.

Why are we treated differently? What can we do to improve this situation?

2. 2Cents

The fact a HUGE portion of players don't pick up period is part of the problem. It's not because they can't keep up in a party or they don't have pets. It's people focused specifically on exp/hour and not caring at all about drops.

That results in 1,000's if not 10,000's of Black Stone not looted every day. This isn't an exaggeration either. If you look at all the players who do this over so many channels in various areas over a 24 hour period it's a lot.

3. viciousshark

Yeah but if the amount of loot being picked up is the SAME pre and post event start, then given a boost in drop rates of stones, there should be an increase in stones looted!

Events will help (albeit not solve all our problems).

NA getting worse events than KR is the real problem here!

4. 2Cents

A more accurate solution would be higher areas dropping more. Elite farming is a premium way to get black stones, but it's problematic. It leads to fighting over specific mobs, channel hoping, and isn't good for the game. This is in contrast to Crescents where you can't camp rings. They simply drop off common mobs so they can't be locked down.

There is an issue with Sausan's dropping so many Black Stones simply because of density, while Basilisks doesn't compete with anything.

Party Loot: Black Stones are sent to special deals and when shared with an entire party the drop is significantly lower than solo/duo.

Don't discount laziness as part of the issue though. People won't do quests for example or their own relics which also results in black stones. I have 1,000's of quest items to turn in for them. I simply haven't needed to yet.

5. Catastigma

Casualisation kill the mmorpg genre is fact not a opinion..

The First high topic for the casualisation effect in the video game debate result that.. Casualisation remove the *Frustration* and Frustration is require to make player pleasure of gaming.

That why 98% of all game that last 10 years are boring and give absolutly no pleasure,
    Almost all games today leave a total void when completed.
    You finished Fallout? you finished Witcher ? you finished Assasin creed ? No reward. no merit. a 8 years old kids can do it.
    You finished Ninja gaiden ? You finished Devil may cry ? Dark souls ?, The Binding of Isaac ? Baldur gate ? Yeah you have merit. you need a brain and effort to doing it. you have surely get 2 thousand more pleasure finished these game that finish a serious bad *game*(interactif movie) like a Assasin poop
    Pleasure is linked to displeasure. We are glad to be cold when we get hot, we're glad to be hot when we get cold.
    We are happy to be won over by what we have already lost.
    We are happy with this rested because we have to work hard.

#45 Catastigma, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  6. viciousshark

Feel free to debate this over a new thread on game design philosophy.

7. viciousshark

I agree with you and I confess I am also lazy in that I dont like to run relics (just too boring!!!), but I just want to bring the disparity between NA/EU and KR events to light so people ask themselves is this is fair