1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR Awakening Videos

Discussion in 'Striker' started by ClockworkArc, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Tsurugi

My only gripe so far is getting cc'd during evade animation on failed grabs, and we fail grabs a lot. Warrior grab passive would be amazing as hell or at least add iframe or be able to ani cancel that ****.

SexGawdTy likes this.
  2. God, so long. You must not know basic PvP combos other than grab engage and Down Smashing if you are serious in anything you said, holy ****. You must also not play in a siege guild or done any node wars with Striker. Obviously you completely miss the purpose of Striker if you think frontal guards are enough. As I said, if you play like a complete *****, 20 meters away blocking damage from enemy in front then sure, frontal guards is good. Why do you think whole KR complains about frontal guards? You can't just spam them after dashing in to "cancel dash and lengthen protection". Just... GET INTO SOME PROPER GUILD AND THEN WRITE ON FORUM BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ****ING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

3. Griffith

We were discussing Strikers ability to avoid cc in general not just Frontal Guard as a concept. Seems you are the one that has no idea what he is talking about. Try to stay focused buddy. Striker has plenty of tools to stay on his feet in mass PvP. I can do it as well as many others. If you can't I'm sorry maybe this class just isn't for you?

Don't know basic PvP combo's? The priority is as follows: Stiffen -> Stun -> Knockdown/Bound -> Float/Grab/Down Smash. You can't Stun out of Knockdown and you can't Stiffen out of a Stun. Down Smash pairs with Knockdown in the way that Air Smash pairs with Floating it extends the cc. Grab should be used as nothing more than a combo extender unless you are forced to initiate with it versus classes that make it impossible to land other cc's on such as Warriors. I don't know who you think you're talking to ,but I know EXACTLY how the mechanics in this game work and how to maximize combo's and cc to kill someone fast and efficiently. If your argument is that Strikers can't use their single target / 1v1 combos in mass PvP well then duh no ****. Just because Warriors / Wizards can use the exact same **** in each scenario doesn't mean that every other class has to be able to do the same to be viable. Staying alive in Nodes and Sieges is far more important than doing maximum damage. A dead DPS is no DPS. Why do you need to use your maximum damage rotation to kill people when you have 50 other people attacking the SAME people you are. That's right you don't. You deal as much damage as you can in a way that facilitates you not dying. Striker can do this A LOT better than many other classes in the game. It's not the best at it by any means ,but it is viable and achievable.

Lastly, since everyone is on the "Koreans are Gods" bandwagon explain to me why more than half the Korean Striker players fail to hold RMB to cancel the 3 punches on the Pre-Awakening Grab early and instead let their opponent pot up half their health because they grab them for 40 sec rather then 1 sec. I got news for you people... Koreans are good at League of Legends.. Doesn't mean they are that good at everything else.

SexGawdTy and Vrotki like this.
  4. Mharten

Are there videos/threads you can point me towards so that I may learn the mechanics of PvP as well? Particularly as a Striker?

5. SexGawdTy

Ya I wish that dash back was a super armor or iframe. Because it locks you into place and you cant stop it. Its so shitty man lol

6. SexGawdTy

I just usually open with a grapple or kd. Dont really matter if I dont stun them because I do my combo on a down target and still have enough time to get a 2nd grapple most of the time. Sometimes I can get lucky and get a 3rd but the fail rate is so dam high its ridiculous

7. Tsurugi

Yeah, you can definitely see how it ****s up doki3 i n the video vs the ranger with high grapple resist (on page 1), there were numerous times the animation just gave up the pressure he had and allowed the ranger to reset the fight by cc'ing him right after the grab evade. I think in that video most of his kills were from stun combo w/o grabs, there were a couple times he failed grab and died.

8. Tryldom

Tryldom Striker 61 EU

Yeah but that ranger was wearing ruby manos and Doki was running with no accuracy.

9. SexGawdTy

Doesny matter still fails a ron with base resist :/ and it gets you cced from trying to cc it just needs SA on the step back to make up for the fact that it locks you into place. But a war or zerk would still be able to grab you from it failing I guess.

10. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

I have leather vambrace 2x TRI RCE, 2x Black magic Precisionsin in TRI Kzarka with 20% ignore resist, TET Bhegs, DUO Tree Belt..... I still miss my grab ALOT. More than half the time if I grab combo then try to grab again it will fail.

11. Kutsuu

The only times I've had a high fail rate on my grab are when the opponent is wearing a manos Ruby (witch/wiz can also get very high grapple resist due to buffs) OR when they have a significant evasion build that more than counters my accuracy.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case, but sometimes it's hard to tell when it failed b/c of resists/accuracy or because of an iframe on the part of the opponent. The few times I've tried the grab chain thing since last wednesday's patch I've found that classes with iframe dashes (warrior/sorc/dk/etc) will often use their dash as they are getting up, at the same time I'm trying to use my grab - I don't see the dash on my screen because of latency (desync) but my grab fails. I ask them about it and they said on their screen they were mid-dash when i grabbed.

Iframes also cause the worst kind of grab fails where you are stuck in the animation while they are free to move and attack. Would be nice if the game client could recognize this and eject you from the animation immediately.

#51 Kutsuu, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  12. Tryldom

Tryldom Striker 61 EU

Coming from Wizard with the same grapple chance and number of hits on the grab, it's not that bad unless your opponent is stacking grapple resist via ruby necklace and/or villa buff. If you're consistently getting fails when trying to grab chain with the current non-awaken situation my guess is you are getting desynced because they are iframing as they stand up from your KD.

/edit: @Kutsuu beat me to it. :)

Kutsuu likes this.
  13. SexGawdTy

Idk ai feel like movement breaks the grapple or desync. Dont think wiz really has that problem something tells me its unique to strikers grapple something just feels off about it. And you cant compare since strikers entire combo is based around grapple in awakening and pre. Striker needs acc on grapple or grab penetration. War and zerk has it and out damages striker by a ton. So Idk why he doesnt o.o

14. Griffith

@SexGawdTy Like I said you can dash backwards and then hit RMB to Adamantine it will clip off the vulnerable end of the animation with a Frontal Guard so as long as you keep your enemies in front of you you're fine. Oh or do you guys mean the dash back after a failed grab? Also the grab probably feels off for you because compared to ninja its like 15meters shorter of a range. You can grab people super far away on a Ninja ,but on striker you have to be right up on them.

@Mharten decent video that goes over the cc mechanics and a few other things.

15. Tsurugi

Yeah, but the point was that if you fail, that evade animation ****s you.

For example, if you want to grab someone out of an SA attack, you fail the grab, the evade animation lock leaves you vulnerable to cc which is retarded. At least make that **** an actual iframe or something.

#55 Tsurugi, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    SexGawdTy and Tryldom like this.
  16. Griffith

Yeah I'd say that's the worst part of the entire striker kit.

17. SexGawdTy

Ya I mean the dash back after the grapple. And true ninja grapple has a little more range than striker but I make sure Im RIGHT next to them and it still breaks. Then theyll slide around my ass loool

18. SexGawdTy

Again gl killing ppl without the down smash lol his attacks take too long to get them off without it. And a grapple chain is a grapple chain weather you use the awakening to do it or not same exact thing except the pre awakening one is harder to pull off because you need to time the down smash with the grapple cd. If your idea of fun is attacking someone not killing them and then letting them run off and pot up enjoy my friend. :o

19. Kutsuu

Who said I don't use down smashes? You've commented on my youtube videos man you can clearly see that I'm capable of killing people even with my low AP without endlessly looping grapple. Are you seriously saying that the preawakened grapple loop is hard to pull off because you have to down smash? Dude you're just mashing the same buttons over and over on someone who is incapable of responding. The only "difficulty" is whether your down smash/grapple gets resisted or not.

20. SexGawdTy

I watch alot of youtube videos so Idk which youre referring to. And read what I said I nvr said it was harder to pull off because its the hardest thing in the game, saying its hard to chain grapple with 1 grapple than with 2 how is that hard to understand? And also you cant chain grapples using the same down smash gotta alternate them out. I was saying its more difficult with 1 because you have to do it at a certain time because if you dont theyll get up b4 the grapples cd ends and thaaaaaaats about it. If youre saying chain grappling with 1 grapple is as easy than if you had 2 then...ok your opinion dude I guess