1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR News: new Main Weapon 'Tradition' mode is coming

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Jul 12, 2019.

1. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Whos to say it doesnt get some form of protection back? If they introduce an option where you chose to only use your mainhand then they ought to make every skill more powerful to even eut awakening loss

2. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

this' gonna make things complicated.............
    I hope not.

3. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

It will be interesting to see. As a Sorc, I'd probably loose a lot of my mobility and back attack bonuses locking down my Awakening skills, and scythe does look bad ass. On the other hand I know my husband was really disappointed with the change in Berserker going from axe-wielding giant to fat Barret with bad posture

4. Hemuk

They're not even done with THE FIRST THIRD of the classes when it comes to PvE revamp and they're already thinking about rebalancing the entire mainhand skilltree (which is what they'll have to do) for 18 classes? Can these guys GET ANYTHING DONE BEFORE JUMPING ON TO THE NEXT PROJECT?

Also looks like lifeskill changes can go get bent this summer.

5. GreyRebel

but ultimate katam awakening is already doing it , with ultimate katam u cant really use awakening and instead ur pre awakening will get stronger

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Ultimate Katan only provides +60 monster damage, doesn't affect PvP at all. You'd also have to lock all of your awakening skills to avoid activating them.

Factorial and GreyRebel like this.
  7. Dark Eus

How about the oposite? what if i want a greatsword warrior only, without sword and shield completly? maybe few skills usable in Awaken mode and bye bye forever sword and shield!

8. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

Welcome to life where you cant have everything.

9. WinterMilla

If all they are doing it just making them stronger, I will have to be against this. Pre-awking for some classes are not worth it, as it is lacking in something that awaking fixes. But only time will tell

10. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Well you can read the first sentence of the first post......

11. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Cuz no amount of SA/FG is worth trading mobility for. Without movement, a ranger would have to Q cancel to move, that'll drain the stamina and put the only viable knockdown on cool down. Even if they put FG back on shotgun, the class is forced to spam it so often that it cannot be reserved for defensive use and will be on perpetual cooldown. Alternatively they could buff the range damage even more so people get one shotted by bow attack, no one wants that either. This will be a **** show. I have zero faith in these devs given how they've performed thus far in class balance.

Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  12. Hekki

I don't understand how it is supposed to works.

It it completely overhaul current system? No more annoying switching between normal weapon and awakening weapon? Just selecten one weapon and stricted pool to chose skills?

As far as I understand some skills will get buffed. But something say me it going to be broken. Because some skills are already OP or on border like ranger shotgun.

There is also part about playstyle. Is it means I can finally make my Mystic and Valk a true tank?

13. Kharognar

You wont restrict yourself to only Main - Awk . It will be most likely a method to either keep playing as it is or lock away your awakening and have a dps boost on your main skills by sacrificing the use of your awakening.

14. Valestris

I meant "either way" as in their obvious statement of it sounding like a LOT of people, vs YOUR side of things which is obviously a low low population on the game as of right this moment. while yes it only goes "up" but the numbers would vastly differ by your statement vs their numbers whatever they may be. And WoW has lied multiple times about "10 million active subscribers" etc all the time, when that is horribly wrong, and I understand it is not the wow forum I was using it as an example. Not even sure why I bothered to respond, you really make me want to start cutting again and give me a migraine -_-. Apparently I can't use other games as examples here. *shakes head* I'm out.

15. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

So instead of a 2nd awakening we get a 4th mainhand??

16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You are literally making up ********. I never said the population was low, in fact, I just said in the quote you used that I believe the game population is healthy.

#56 flukeSG2, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
  17. woots

well, at see PA history in terme of "gamedesign" ( even if i cant deny they have / had somes nice base idea ) its mostly going to be a dump system that fit nothing because thoses guys never spend the necessary time to correctly work all that, and worse of all, never spend the necessary time to continu polish everything. ( we all know the more than approximate class balance, when there would be more more relevant / necessary change to run )
    They just throw something to fake beeing true game dev, and end up to give up everything to sacrifice any piece of decent work on the RNG $$$ milk altar

Anyway. Thoses guys are just hope less ( and that's too bad )

18. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

If it works it sounds like your current pre awak and awak dynamic gameplay and viability will be put together into either only pre awak or only awak playstyle

19. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

No i don't think you can go awak playstyle only. Just main hand or both.

20. iller

"Rangers" have always been Adept sword users. This predates Tolkien.

I wasn't disappointed by either my GuildWars ranger or the BDO ranger getting a Sword offhand. And I think the people who were.... just fundamentally didn't understand the Fantasy genre. Archer having another Bow?.... yeah that makes sense!.

No the real problem with the "Ranger" has ALWAYS been it's hot mess of incredibly confusing and useless close-range "Flow" skills since launch on its primary which almost NEVER resulted in a bigger DPS spike unless you were exploiting the Camera Angle momentum + Macro-cheating, or you were spam-abusing the Wind skills while slamming Pots that only someone who bought every Weight upgrade could afford

PS:
    and yes, I predict this will make Valkyrie even more unplayable... You can only spam Shield throw so many times before the only next move that makes sense is closing the client and walking away from your computer for a couple hours

PPS:
    [​IMG]

#60 iller, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Factorial likes this.