1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR News: new Main Weapon 'Tradition' mode is coming

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Veyana Eldunari

This is so interesting. If it truly lets you focus only on main hand and not use your awakening I will probably be rerolling back to one of my original classes, which is so exciting!!! Awakening is what has made it so hard to stick to a main, I'll love a classes mainhand but hate their awakening and vice versa. Definitely preferred how the game was before awakenings <3

2. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Sounds like a nightmare to me. There are some classes whose mainhand are already as strong as or stronger than the awakening kits of other classes. Now they're getting another boost? Yikes. Inb4 another absolute twisted collision situation with mystic/striker..

iller and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

They might make her "solo preawken mode" be pure tanking+support spec.

Who knows... possibilities are endless,... shais opened the door.

4. ghoulz666

I can see that happening. A smaller shield grants greater protection.

What's the deal with her block skills anyway? They need to overhaul that. Whatever those were designed for, do not apply to anything in the game now.

Kenwulf likes this.
  5. iller

If we look at the historical context of it... BDO was always like #14 or lower on the list of MMO's played in Korea itself. So they've just always been in the habit of not talking about their popularity within Korea itself. In pretty much ANY interviews they do, you can always see them also completely ignoring the entire western world B/c Korean creators (and Japanese as well) are firmly committed to never acknowledging that they have MORE potential customers over seas who also have a strong understanding of online Gaming along with Feedback to give on the matter

Factorial and flukeSG2 like this.
  6. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 62 NA

Don't forget that we dont have our iframe with the jump hahahaha

Sheky likes this.
  7. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Dont worry, they gonna balance the game!

Sheky and iller like this.
  8. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

This change will be absolutely awkward for zerker, especially when skills in main hand deal absolutely 0 damage in pvp, are stationary and unprotected...The only good attack is frenzied destroyer with Bound..you basically have to spam that to kill someone.

His mobility is also crippled since we use giant's leap and shake off to move around and avoid attacks, without those I don't see how zerker could even attempt to versus lets say archer or witch/wizard. We have lava piercer too but it's 7 second cd and you either engage or escape with it..

If they want to go ahead with this classic gameplay they have to rework a lot of things, damage, hitboxes, animation speed, protections...Everything. For almost every class.

Factorial and iller like this.
  9. iller

XD ... thanks, I needed a good laugh tonight

Rilok and MoZex like this.
  10. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Here's how the system looks like on mobile, keep in mind they can only choose between either "succession" or awakening, whereas PC won't have that restriction.

WitchArchmagician

SorceressRaven

Dark KnightShadow

Those are just the official trailers, I'm sure you can find other more detailed videos if you want them.

This should've more of an impact than Absolutes did, while some Absolutes did add protection to skills, this change will likely do more than just up the damage.

As mentioned in the article, it is one of three main updates for this summer, unfortunately with a staggered release like awakenings back then with (of course) Warrior starting first again followed by either Ranger or Valkyrie.

11. Dark Eus

Why the heck dont they do it like L2 class system: get lvl 50 lets say and decide what specialization you want, sword and shield or greatsword.
    Combine preawaken skills + awaken and remake the skill system.
    You decided wrong and wanna go back? np! reset your class specialization, i dont mind it i must give cash for it and support the game as long things are goin good.
    And btw give me a F dark elf male class!

Sheky and IWalkAlone like this.
  12. Whineseeker

A second awakening to choose would be so much better...

Factorial, Sheky and iller like this.
  13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

can we even dream of truly ranged nuker mages and possibly without (too) heavy split damage crap like blizzard? ..... lets wait and see.

14. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Then wheres the like and subscribe??

15. iller

Here comes the YES ... BUT....

THAT OTHER GAME, comes out as its own thing, pretty much fresh out of the oven. No one's had much time to build up either Muscle memory investment or mechanical-aesthetic & emotional investment in it. And ANY TIME ... b/c we've seen this done before .... ANY TIME that an established MMORPG attempts massive overhauls the most core Combat system & class roles ...

A bad time is going to be had by All

This has literally never turned out well except for that one time with FF14 but they had to SHUT THE GAME DOWN to do it.

Factorial likes this.
  16. XLucaX

People really complaining about pre-awakening?

Boy, if you younglings were here back at launch, youd be crying because guess what... theres no awakening for a long long time.

Dont let this update distract you all from the fact that the only class we got in 2019 is a damn midget who sucks at throwing her boomerang (like 5 feet away).

Veyana Eldunari and Rilok like this.
  17. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 61

im looking forward too seeing what this like incoming sorc shotguns :P

Rilok likes this.
  18. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

As a lahn i dont like this...

19. iller

Lahn just needed to be a Dancer / Bard style PvP support class from the very beginning. ...having skills that made everyone "fly" and gained longer attack ranges... a little more DPS & movement speed, suffer shorter Stun/KD intervals to name a few...

See all this crap isn't actually difficult to DO. I'm not saying that at all. Infact I could do it myself if I had access to the XLS and C++ source. I'm just saying that it looks damn near impossible FOR THIS PARTICULAR DEV TEAM to actually pull off. Their entire cultural zeitgeist is too rigid and governed by chinese-state backed decoy capitalism along with the lingering tradition of KR Cafes which (should basically be lumped into the same laughable category as GAMESTOP by now)

#79 iller, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  20. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

here is a good explanation from reddit:

In BDO Mobile there's a system which allows you to pick an expanded pre-awakened kit instead of an awakening weapon. This is different from Absolute skills in that it adds additional skills and changes the effects of others. On PC we're getting this system as well, but it will allow us to keep our awakening weapons (maybe trading a few awakened skills in exchange for it, depending on how you interpret the robo-translation).

It'll be coming out sometime this summer(hopefully), and, as OP said, Warrior will be the first class to get it; Valk and Ranger to follow depending on whichever gets finished first.

No idea what the hell the ocean content is on about.

Sheky likes this.