1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR Patch Notes 2019-08-28: great ocean update part one live [big patch]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Helegnes

so, can we only build the T3 ships out of sailboats, or will frigates work too?

2. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

OH, OH IS THAT A LITTLE ROOM IN THE T3 BOAT?! How exciting. I need it and want that boat.
    [​IMG]

Factorial, ImSmash, ODB3698 and 6 others like this.
  3. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

I'm unsure. Information we have:
    - Eperia Traders, a new ship Eperia sternship that will be added from the Eperia destroyer will be added.
    - The Eperia stern ship has been upgraded into four types, each with different characteristics.
    upload_2019-8-28_15-30-40.png

4. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

told ya it won't be here for another year, if we follow SEA update that is.

we did get the BiS horse set :O

5. Finjima

I picked up a Epheria Sailboat deed a few days ago to speculate if i need it. I already have one in the water and am almost to completion on building a frig. Think would need more boats to build this will i need a second sailboat for something for building or should i just sell it back?

6. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

need normal epheria sailboat/frigate to upgrade it

7. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

I was not expecting that.

8. Airie

I've updated the guide based on new information from the release notes. The guide will be revised again when global lab is updated tomorrow.

Notable changes:
    • Materials for upgrade have been updated
    • Materials for blue gear have been updated
    • Added recipe for Chowder

#48 Airie, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Dags, Galatia, ViktoryiaV and 5 others like this.
  9. Player_Slot_available

[​IMG]

"After the introduction of the patch, the adventurer's opinion that the awkward situation is produced." In other words, the feedback was negative.

"However, it was difficult to replace the advantage of being able to fully enjoy the feeling of being the captain of a huge ship" Who? Who feels like they are a captain of a huge ship now?
    I now suffer the feeling of being the tiny captain on a ship that is now disproportionate to my size. Thanks.

I don't understand where they got this idea from.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Prim nw

big patch with 0 content

Phoenixxx75 and Attan like this.
  11. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

sorry??

12. Ireshi

I'd even go as far as say - there will be less content when this patch comes live. SMH apparently destroyed, we get some ocean winds and currents and extension of trade via islands. In my book its a net loss. I mean, those winds, they are not content, are they? They are environment effects. Content is like when you set out to do something in game with a certain goal and reward, right? You dont sail out there just to enjoy a breeze in this game.

#52 Ireshi, Aug 28, 2019
    Factorial likes this.
  13. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

If they fix the winds and depending on how quick the sea monsters die this could be an improvement. Yes it kills SMH as a guild but as a single player it could be an improvement. The only real downside to this is having a limited amount of ammo and depending on how much ammo it takes to kill one monster you can see a drop in your silver per hour.

If they fix the winds I am actually excited for this change and SMH ramming was a poor way to kill the SM's. It always should have been by cannon.

Factorial, ODB3698 and Keldorn like this.
  14. Ireshi

SMH was all about hunting for 100kk rare drops and having a guild that had an infrastructure to turn those and other loot into a payout, since those items are guild tagged. Now, most likely it is still in-game on "old mobs", but that is still unconfirmed as of yet. It did not really matter how you killed mobs - ramming solo or using cannons on a guild galley - the goal was the same, only efficiency was different. Winds/currents makes this a whole lot more difficult, besides ramming takes ship's hp now (which is though being auto-regenerated as you sail normally). Yes, the ability to add cannon damage on top of ramming is cool, but when you cannot even ram due to a current or wind - that makes SMH a dead activity (imho)

P.S. this is not simply an observation, I was a guild master of DigginHole guild on RU server for 3 years, the guild is top 2 in overall ranking on the server, we do much more than just simply SMH with 75-80 active members, and we have always been number 1 on SMH, with full set-up required for it.

#54 Ireshi, Aug 28, 2019
    Factorial likes this.
  15. Wodur

Mean while in Margoria Screenshot_20190829-010236.png

Its just sitting there like an island in the slap bang middle of Margoria...feel like the devd are trolling any explorers..2-3 ninesharks patrol the area..

Ireshi and LinaCrysta like this.
  16. S2Camille

I ran in to the ship today as well. Nineshark was coming in on my left(behind my ship), lol
    It took me a while to realize there was a dinghy in there too.
    2019-08-28_1244243516.jpg
    I also feel that ocean content will again die. The only reason a majority of players picked it up is because it was profitable. It offered an alternative to traditional grinding. It was great for those of us who do not have a lot of time to spend on the game to be able to work on gear best we can.
    Now the lucky who used it are much better geared and able to grind better or top spots, while the average player may end up set back much further, potentially widening the gap.
    Of course this is without knowing just how the income is from drop sales, as I have not yet heard any word of it from the Korean servers, so it is something we will just have to wait and see about.

I am not yet sure how I feel about the current and wind system, and I feel the ship should not take damage in a ram unless it hits something.. let's be real, here.

Factorial likes this.
  17. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

No old Mobs. All SM got updated ->
    As the ocean age opens, the health, attack power, and reward of all monsters in the ocean have changed. Also, the habitats of marine monsters have been separated.

18. Ireshi

Yeah, that's why put "old" in quotes in my post. I mean, they are same mobs as before, but with tweaked attributes and apparently new loot tables. We are dying to learn more about the loot part for large mobs like candidums, but unfortunately there is no reliable info we could find yet. The thing is - we have a very large "rainy day stash" made up of sea loot (like neidans and candi shells etc) in our guild, so at the very least we wanna make sure it does not disapear when the patch goes live on our servers. We could of course sell it now, but then we would have to deal with exceedingly large guild fund, accruing large weekly guild tax, so we'd rather not :).

There was this screen from Global Lab, most likely young candi loot - that indicates that some guild-tagged loot is still ingame, but we need more data [​IMG]

#58 Ireshi, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

NOW smh people call for realism. priceless.

20. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Global Lab is under maintenance for another 30-90 min. Do you have access?