1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR Patch Notes 2019-08-28: great ocean update part one live [big patch]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Ireshi

Unfortunately I don't (if I did, I'd try kill a few mobs right away to check their loot)

2. S2Camille

No, what they did was aim more toward realism. If they are going to do that they may as well follow it.
    I don't give a crap about realism on here. I don't play games to get a feeling of realism.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. Airie

Wodur, Keldorn and Maginha like this.
  4. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Is this from KR or Global Lab?

5. Airie

Stats from KR (from database). Materials from global-lab updated from today's patch.

Keldorn likes this.
  6. Rahanei

Rahanei Tamer 61 EU

@Airie do you have a list of the new daily sailing quests?

7. LithicForm

Is it just me or are all the new ocean mechanics just wildly over complicated?

I mean c'mon, RNG sailor hiring? *jackiechanwutface

Phoenixxx75 and LinaCrysta like this.
  8. WinterRED

The Carrack variant stats don't really make much sense. The battle versions (frigate path upgrades) have less HP than the trading oriented ones?

9. Wodur

Thx for the work you put into this.
    One question: can we use harpoon on the new cog/fishing boat?

VioletFlame likes this.
  10. Airie

I've added sailing dailies to the guide. Sailing EXP values taken from KR patch notes (note: KR is having double sailing quest EXP at the moment).

Haven't tried it out yet, may test during weekend after getting a harpoon.

Wodur likes this.
  11. Maginha

<3
    wut.jpg

LithicForm likes this.
  12. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

The 40 slot Carrack looks like the best variant by far. Same firepower as the other and lose only minor stats but trade like a Boss.

13. Ireshi

Here's a screen with items posted on russian social network, showing some new drop items from the ocean, but it is unclear whether these are mob drops or from gathering/exploring activities . Note they are not tagged as guild

[​IMG]

#73 Ireshi, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Wodur and Keldorn like this.
  14. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

what are the stats of the new alchemy stone?

15. Landaine

Can a lvl 49 captain fire cannons on the new ships?

TucoRamires and Aikatears like this.
  16. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

Yes...would Like to know this...

17. Mellonamin

Here i was reading the patch notes from Kr and was just amazed by all the content that not even the Lab had and to be honest even tho i knew how bad currents and fixed ammo are i was just hyped like couldnt wait to try out that new content then i saw this:
    upload_2019-8-29_22-48-3.png
    My first thought was that they meant the ration (power) bar, that they decided to addres the issues and shortcomings of this resource but oh no they decided to just outright kill what made this new content interesting and fun and that was: more engaging and fluid boat mechanics.

Before this senseless mechanic driving the new sailboats was simply awesome they no longer felt lumbering nor were painful to drive they felt so nimble it was one of the aspects that made you overlook the other silly changes it felt like having a dream horse turned into a boat simply a blast but oh no since it was actually really fun Pearl Abyss decided they would not have that and came up with the most stupid idea ever and that was to add a 3rd resource to manage when on a boat you will not only need to worry about your sailor food or your boat rations you will now have your boat skills locked behind A STAMINA BAR (wich replenishes at a very low speed by the way) yes thats right your skills will not only consume the boat's rations or hitpoints they will be dependant if you have enough stamina to even use them, like seriously PA? whats wrong with you? arent games supposed to be fun? what do you do with all the feedback that you get? do you simply trash it and decide to push your own ideas regardless of how stupid they are or without concenrs how they would clash with the game or its players?

I think these dudes are just out of touch they not only force senseless changes to already stablished mechanics they completely ignore player's feedback, the comunity openly disliked the changes and yet they decided to apply them anyway like shrinking for example or come up with even worse mechanics that were not even tested like this stamina bar and call them fun and interesting i wonder if these dudes are making a game fun to the players or themselves if they even play it ofc.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. cliveklg

How? It is a re-release of old content.

TucoRamires likes this.
  19. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

oh that sounds terribly :(
    I have therory, is it possible that ship skills don't use power anymore? Maybe there changed it so that ship skill use Stamina, Moving use Energy and Sailor use Food. This could increase the time you can stay on the ocean and makes power less of an issue.

20. Lord_Xenon

When I read it right, they just replaced the current power with food as you have now sailor doing that job. Though a new mechanic introduced to limit skill-use of ships. o.o