1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR Patch Notes 2020-02-12: Striker succession, witchard succession buff

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

Two new Adventure Logs added?

is this the 1ap and 150hp logs?

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 51 NA

But the cash shop does far more damage to effort. Yet I don't see you complaining about that.

3. Allan1985

no, seriously, from all the pre awakenings i have played mystic/striker had one of the less enjoyable ones, i am ok with just making it look as good looking as zerker and ranger and give the proper tools to fight

4. Netreiam

My bad, missed the part where it said after you run out of points you actually stop getting drops from mobs entirely. People compete past the point of diminishing returns all the time. There were people pushing for level 63 before capotia was even a thing just because they thought it worth their time. If you're so concerned with efficiency maybe do other things you think are more valuable? If you just have time to burn though, you still get an advantage, so why complain?

5. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Areyn EU

Yay for slashing the cost of cannon balls. And the repair nerf, well, it had to be, cost for that was ridiculously low. Overall better balanced though.

6. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Sea hunting got buffed today on Global Lab.

Its just another system to keep you playing every day.

7. Vortexii

That is the exact intent of the system. It's not about catch up mechanics. It's not Pearl Abyss trying to balance. It's literally just a tool like dailies to try to keep people logging in so they don't lose out on a bonus.

8. Lord_Xenon

So an improvement is bad? Interesting.

9. Vortexii

It's not always an improvement. There was a HUGE backlash toward AFK progression. Many customers rightfully rejected the game entirely when faced with how much they would lose out for not running the game 24/7. There is a massive player base that will always refuse this system. You just won't hear that much about it here because they abandoned BDO long ago.

I completely agree with them. To not run BDO 24/7 is a HUGE disadvantage.

These type of boosts can also be very damaging and alter normal habits. Loot Scrolls, Exp Potions, 8x Boosts, Limited Bonus's.

They often result in players ONLY playing during boosts and scrapping the game. Iv'e witnessed this behavior in several games over the years. Why bother to play with x1 exp when an event or boost just gave 2x, 4x, even 16x. It feels pointless.

While this boost isn't that dramatic yet, it's a first step. It's also one of MANY. BDO already has many of the symptoms mentioned above.

Loot scroll over? Time to AFK.

#29 Vortexii, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  10. woots

^this.

Also somes players ( like i do ) do not play without boost scroll ( the one we could get in game ) because otherwise the game """progression"" (/joke inside) is just a pain in the #ss / boring, that's the main issue. If the game was correctly thought for "normal" gaming it wouldnt occur, and they wouldnt even need thoses boost

And i dont even bother run the game minimized anymore ( since more than a year ) Even if i never kept the game running h24 never liked that way to do things since they could perfectly set all thoses activities to be made totaly offline.

11. Graugus

Boy, I hope when they introduce the Dwarf class he gets a sick ass beat like this to show case how expensive his succession **** is. Again, I say, Dwarf class when!?

12. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Dwarf class, Fadus class... Many things could have been made.

Personal opinion, but I think Fadus would have made good Guardians

13. reconkangas

Yah that's all we need. To have to deal with the mental Furries crowd and there RP trash.

14. Vortexii

I would caution that you are speaking about 2 completely different issues.

1. I played a game a long time ago for a very short time only a few days. They allowed stacking of exp which literally had upwards of 16x or even higher exp rates. Imagine going back to X1 after that. In another game parties that would naturally last 3-5 hours would ALWAYS end after 1 hour when double exp was released. Just like loot scrolls, no one wanted to bother doing a group after their boost was gone.
    2. Games with no cap will inventively have an infinite amount of grinding. This isn't a problem, it's a choice. There are many games that have done this successfully and BDO actually isn't that bad at this. The progression curve is high enough that's it's balanced to some degree and allows for near infinite play. This is simply NOT a game designed where you reach level 50 and then just sit there with everyone else. Personally, I don't feel those games last long term, that's one of the main reasons to play BDO. For example, I don't want to keep resetting backing to level 1 in POE. I would rather have a Diablo 3 Paragon System (Which D4 will be somewhere in between).

15. woots

game with max level like GW2 just provide other insentive, and they work, GW2 still is alive ( ofc not perfect because no games are ) and its an older game compare to BDO.
    yet they never went for powercreep / level increase, they did what all games with decent gamedesigner do : they expand the gameplay.

And yet they also provide "infinite gameplay" because that's what mmo look to do, have player be able to keep play until -whatever-

infinite grind games are just the most laziest gamedesign that has ever existed, its only a power race with powercreep. BDO is a great exemple of that

anyway

16. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Instead, we have to deal with underboob lovers. Not really better.
    And it was only a personal opinion, why don't they use the world they created?

17. Allan1985

its a psychologically manipulative marketing technique of the videogame industry called "HHH" wich translates as: Hook, Hooby, Habit wich only purpose is to increase the ammount of money you invest into the game:

you can skip to minute 3:47 for this specific point but i suggest you see the whole video:

in other words they are training you like you would do with a dog, if you dont see anything wrong with that then i cant help you.

#37 Allan1985, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020