1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR Reactions to Defense and CC Effect Changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, May 30, 2018.

1. Nyhver

Thanks for sharing.

These changes are some potato stuff.
    eggplants

That was mostly the case prior to this, the KR patch and it should be this patch, too, is going to change it back to something closer to pre-recent pvp redesigns, more FG & SA

Except now there's less CC to punish things- like a FG

2. Stabby

But.... on the bright side... ok, there is no bright side. None. Zero. Zilch. Nadda. Zip. Wait, why do I play this game again?

3. Caldra

[Maehwa]

▶ Gives Super Armor but no CC to Petal Drill and Flow: December, no Super Armor for Moonrise, no Knockdown on Flow: Tip of an Iceberg. What CC are we supposed to use in PvP? What do they want the Maehwa to become? A class for only grinding?

▶ No Super Armor for Moonrise. So they want us to fight purely with attack damage.

▶ This is the biggest shock I’ve ever got playing BDO. No more fun in all skill combos now.

▶ No grab, no forward attack, Rabam nerfed. Defense efficiency is crappy, more stamina consumption, and it isn’t easy to use even Dragon Bite. The Maehwa was all about speed before, but now that she uses stamina to move forward, she doesn’t have any stamina left to run and gets killed.

▶ Pearl Abyss said they wanted to close the gaps between classes based on the grab skills but this just makes grab skills even more important now that we have to rely on pure attack damage with Super Armor.

▶ I don’t really understand why they put Super Armor but removed CC from Royal Rage. As for Petal Drill, yeah I get it since other classes got CC removed from their forward skills and instead got Super Armor. But I really want to know whose idea it was to remove Stun from Royal Rage. Royal Rage itself was made to counter enemies during Q guarding. But it’s now useless without CC!

▶ Royal Rage is now literally useless. Maybe except when you are using it for buffs.

RIP Maehwa.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

this sounds like happy customers....

still no fix on summon/flow damage?

5. Nyhver

Maehwa will be in a better spot than the previous patch, these changes and direction are overall a travesty, but just follow Casualnova's guide, it's all explained in there...

6. CzarniHere

can u send me link?

7. KhalidIbnWaalid

youre making me laugh. It cant get any worse than last week ofcourse it got better, Now she is still a joke of a class. Worst class in a guild. Why would you even want a maehwa in your competitive pvp guild? These devs are so clueless it blows my mind

8. Arexx

before this renown score **** was the game on the best point now its fked up gg

9. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

To be fair I can still think of a few creative uses for Echo in 1v1 and small engages, but will require proper setup.
    As for the BSR they should straight up delete our class version and replace it with something else (more defense oriented maybe).

When I get the time will do some tests in BA for the viability of the ideas floating in my head with all that CC removal.

10. Nyhver

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/maehwas-kr-nerfs-23-5.207844/page-3

For a competitive guild you wouldn't, in this patch with AP maehwa might actually be back roughly around mid tier again, but you'd want the really high 250+ap for this to work

peasants like me don't pack enough ap anymore, and smashing abilities, (with or without protections) means we can't do as much as before due to stamina changes, long cc combos being removed, ap buff, reknown and resist/cc mechanic changes

that's also a general thing for most classes and people fighting uphill, the changes just potatoed everything, combos on ninja with double grabs or murderous intent > seamless > grab

270+ap or go back to afk lifeskilling, hopefully RNG is fortunate

11. aswedishtiger

Because everything else sucks

Stabby likes this.