1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KR Training Mastery added 10/31

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Kymbur, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 62 NA

I didn't see info about this anywhere in our forums and after reading was pretty excited that training levels look like they'll affect capture rates, breeding, skill gains, etc. when we get it. Here's what the KR patch notes say from https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...-new-craftable-horse-gear-pet-exchange-rework:

[Life Skill Mastery]

Training Mastery has been added and Training has been reworked.
    - The chance of obtaining a better horse via breeding and leveling up will increase if you have higher Training Level/Mastery.
    - Training Mastery will increase proportionally with Training Level. The maximum Training Mastery you can get from Training Level is 500. (Guru 20)
    - You can increase your Training Mastery by equipping Training Mastery Gear.
    - The efficiency of Training when wearing Training gear will increase more if you have higher Training Level.

You will have the following benefits when you have higher Training Level/Mastery. You can level up your horses faster, so you will be able to make more money from Imperial Horse Delivery and Horse Market.
    - The chance of successfully taming wild horses will increase.
    - The amount of exp that your mounts get will increase.
    - The chance of getting higher tier horse via horse breeding will increase. (The chance will be affected by the Mastery when the breeding starts.)
    - The chance of acquiring new skills when the mounts level up will increase. (After next week’s patch, this will be affected by Training Level only.)

Green, Blue, and Orange Training Mastery Gear have been added.
    - The gear can be enhanced up to PEN(V), and will give more Training Mastery when enhanced.
    - The gear can be safely enhanced up to +5.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Green and Blue gear can be purchased from NPC vendors and are easier to enhance.
    - Orange gear can be crafted by Manufacturing. (Materials: Krogdalo’s Origin Stone x 1, Manos x 5, Magical Shard x 40, Twilight Cotton Fabric x 1)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AdiTenshi, Ventesa, Shaynae and 2 others like this.
  2. Kymbur

Also this:

New craftable Horse Gear have been added.
    [​IMG]

- Krogdalo Horse Gear Set are hard to craft, but are the best horse gear in the game.
    - Krogdalo Horse Gear will release the potential that the horse has and will make certain skills more powerful.
    - There are three types of Krogdalo Horse Gear: Earth, Wind, and Ocean. The gear are craftable at Tier 3 Horse Gear Craft Workshop in Stonetail Horse Ranch. Set bonus effects will be applied if three or more pieces of the same type are equipped together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Shaynae

I just hope they add a way to get xp besides capture. Currently you only get such small XP when a horse levels.

4. Kymbur

They did reference some quests to learn about the dream horses...but I don't know any specifics. Maybe they'll put some training xp quests in that are actually effective at getting some.

5. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

I hope it will also increase chance of getting T9 when you have higher level training :D

Nyrante, Tvvin, Chinya and 4 others like this.
  6. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

Now to wait and see how much this "increased rng" on higher training level actually is. Inb4 it's once again hardly noticeable XO.
    I'm trying not to be negative but it is hard to be happy about this when I don't know how it will actually appear in our version. (Plus I just rage quit leveling training because of the bug that you can't tame horses while bosses are spawned). Thinking I should just wait and see if any of this makes leveling training less of a pain (not that we're about to get this any time soon).

I still find this entire Mastery system confusing

I'm glad two of the skills listed on the Horse Boss Gear are garbage that I don't keep on my mounts (Roar, S:Fore Chop). Makes missing out on horse related content not as bad

#6 Ventesa, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  7. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 59 NA

Really hoping this applies to T9 attempts too. Although I see the krogdolo stone market getting even more competitive after masteries go in.

8. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

If leveling horses really is going to be faster, then getting krogdalo's from imperial selling horses may be more viable than marketplace at least.

Starseeker likes this.
  9. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

Seems the global lab patch notes contain some more info:

* You will get the following effects with higher training level and training mastery.
    > Increase chance of Capture Horse
    > Increase EXP gain of mounts.
    > Increase chance of higher tier horse from breeding or exchanging.
    (This increase is applied at the start of the breeding process, not at the end when you receive the foal.)
    > Increase the minimum of the range of stats given when a mount levels up.
    > Increase chance of capturing mounts and other beneficial effects.

https://www.global-lab.playblackdesert.com/News/Notice/Detail?boardType=2&boardNo=159

10. Shaynae

> Increase chance of higher tier horse from breeding or exchanging.
    (This increase is applied at the start of the breeding process, not at the end when you receive the foal.)

This is interesting. It seems to indicate there are two breeding checks. I don't understand how that would work.

11. RamblingRose

I think it is suggesting that you should use your high level trainer when you start the breed....and that when you receive the foal, doesn't matter whether you use an alt or not. Always wondered about that.

I wonder if and when we are going to get it?

Kumiho and Shaynae like this.
  12. Kymbur

It could be like Rambling Rose says, and/or also that whatever character starts the breed should be your higher-level trainer, and even if you gain a level or whatnot in the interim, the result will still just be based off when it began.

I don't think there's definitely 2 checks. I think maybe they were trying to be clear, so people wouldn't ask/wonder what it's based off of.

Shaynae likes this.
  13. Shaynae

I have always thought the check for what the horse was going to be was made at the time you picked it up, NOT when you started the breed. Interesting that I was wrong apparently.

14. Shinee

One thing with the Training I miss is the "Event stuff". If you look back and see the different Events in game, many of the event is done for AFK-fishing, not AFK-training. Like the Event we have now until the maintenance 7th Nov, the fishing give this pouches in reward. Why will they always reward the Fishing, and not Training ??

15. Kiingy

With the accessories, since they take concentrated crystals to upgrade rather than another of the same type, does that mean they aren't destroyed on fail?

Given the materials needed, if they do get destroyed, they are way too expensive to attempt upgrading.....

16. PulseQ8

When will this rework come to EU?

17. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

They do still break on fail. TRI Manos accs are probably gonna be way out of reach for the average player. Below TRI Manos isn't really worth it considering the amount of mastery given. You'd be better off making TRI or even TET Green/Blue accs then.

18. Nyrante

Nyrante Neecros Warrior 61 EU

Hey, we got 10% extra horse XP for 2 weeks for every T9, isn't that amazing? >_>
    (Sometimes, I think they hate Training)

19. Kiingy

With how badly they've destroyed the horse market with all these free t7 and t8 horses, I agree.

Nyrante likes this.