1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lahn Aoe-grab is busted

Discussion in 'Lahn' started by Basic, Aug 23, 2019.

1. D-text

is it from NA ? never experienced that on EU

2. Ubbles

Best unprotected grab in the game. For starters at the very least the grabbing through obstacles/terrain/objects needs to be fixed asap.

3. Icywave

sorc iframe chains
    archer best PROTECTED ranged cc in the game

lahn UNPROTECTED BUGGY AS **** ranged grab

NERF IMMEDIATELY

yikes logic

if they fix the 50/50 rng desync ******** when you go to grab then id be in favor of possibly adjusting it but most grabs are busted anyway ranged or not, its also unprotected and you take a gamble basically even doing it .. its good when it lands though

lahn is just a good ass dueler class period with or without a busted grab because newsflash, the core issues with the class aren't it's grab

Xylen likes this.
  4. Ayameqt

On top of that longer cd than pretty much all other grabs.

I’d be okay with the nerf tbh but only if the dev can do something about qbuff oook oook me smash.

Also I think the NA server is just buggy and bad in general.

5. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

lahn vs every class except sorc/ninja/kuno/mystic is busted because of the long range grab, it's far to overpowered vs the kits of the other classes.

nerfing range/cone lahns grab would actually be an understandable idea but you'd HAVE to buff the other areas of the class.
    yes, she has a lot of skills with SA and CC on them but the animations are very slow and predictable which makes it very easy to read/avoid them if you are good.

if you get CC'd by sacred dance then that's just unfortunate for you, it only CC's in the direction the lahn is facing and you can clearly see when a lahn is using this skill so you can avoid it. plus the animation is slow with no cancel.

if you get CC'd with lahns SA flight landing then i'm afraid that's a get good issue because you can clearly see when a lahn is flying so you know the landing is coming.

if you get CC'd in dancing with death (awk flow), that's straight up embarrassing because you need to use furor before executing the flow skill which is a really insanely long unprotected animation. if you can't read that and react accordingly then that's your problem.

if you get CC'd with furious chase that's understandable because in my opinion is the best protected CC in our kit. it is a forward FG movement with a slash at the end that gives stiffness.

if you get CC'd by blade of blood then say congratulations to the fellow lahn because he just hit the jackpot with that needle in a hay stack CC. (it literally has like a tiny narrow hitbox that only points forward and you have to stand still for a long while to execute this skill.

if you get CC'd by salp'uri purge that's fair enough because it's the best SA CC in our kit, but it does have a 21 second cd and the aoe is smaller than DKs 6sec wheel of fortune.

if you get CC'd by cymbidium and any of it's flows then i'm afraid that's fair play to the lahn for using those skills because they are a very slow & static animation with no cancels and you can't change the direction of the FG. just because these skills have FG and a CC on it doesn't mean it adds anything to lahns kit because these skills might as well just act as an S block.

at the end of the day lahn only has 3 protected CCs which are actually viable to use (sacred, sal purge, furious chase) not the actual amount of protected CCs it has. (14)

what actually makes this class good is it's ability to stay in SA while having very good movement for engaging/disengaging and a long range grab to use whenever it likes. there is nothing else about this class than that.

i'd gladly heavily nerf our grab or even some SAs but in return give us faster animations on some skills with the ability to cancel them, but then i might as well play a sorc or kuno. each class kinda has to have their own identity or everyone is the same but with different colour pixels.

AZzalor, Diazine, SerialEx and 2 others like this.
  6. Bnna

just normal ****ing desync that any grab has aswell. zerks do that on purpose since pre mediah content hitting the point a moving target is coming from.

now - the interesting part about this is that lahn has a pretty decent 3 iframe chain by herself. i do want to see when a decent sorc ever uses more then 3 straight iframes in a raw.

one of the other known sideeffects is that using that while dueling slimshadiis on their stream makes them trashtalk you and call you an experienced lahn in this match up ;(

#7 Bnna, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  7. Ubbles

I never said nerf calm down lol. I said fix them grabbing through stuff it shouldn't be possible, that's just an outright bug. If other classes are able to grab ppl through walls it needs to be fixed also. Grabs as a whole are a very strong mechanic, grabbing people out of terrain cover is a bad bug.

8. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

9. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Yeah nerf our grab, ok.

But then i'd likw to have some protected engages like other classes, or a proper animation canceling to be more fluid in our long ass animations.

And tbh the grab bugs out so many times im always afraid hittin e just to have the 50/50 chance of success or delay/desync/grab through the enemy and such...

Amirite and Sidina like this.
  10. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I'd be super fine with a nerf on the grab if they give us some other small changes and I think most people see it that way. But yeah most people don't realize how desynchi the grab is and how weird it sometimes behaves during movement and combat.
    I'm just really scared what PA might do cause high chances it will be stupid :(

11. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

haha and this

12. Xylen

This is 100% on na cant do that **** on eu I should record how the sever/desync affects grabs. I get most often I grab some one then they disappear and pop up 0.5-2sec later somewhere else. I grab them then they dash/iframe out of it. I grab them then the grab me and I get cc only and some time we both get cc. But that could be my pc/internet etc a lot of variables in bdo

13. deepriver27

People who complain about the grab not landing, I wonder if they are using it properly. You need to hit it when you are toe-to-toe with someone you are trying to grab, regardless of range. It's important to remember that it works within a tight angle of attack. It works fine. Also, the complaints that it needs to be nerfed, to me is an acceptable trade-off for the slow animations for some skills. I tried several classes before I decided to main this class, keeping in mind that some classes will not match my game-play style. You just can't expect them to. There are enough classes in this game that if the animations aren't for you, there are tons of other classes. I think Lahn is a fun, mobile, and beautifully elegant class.

Arvalo, Kam and Ubbles like this.
  14. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

bro lahns kit looks like it shouldnt have a grab at all. It can stay protected nearly indefinitely then once its done it can just fly away and S block til its ready for round two. Reducing the range on that grab would probably only be a start to what should happen to it. I'd rather see lahn lose the ranged grab and spammable protection then have the class actually gain some depth instead of being a braindead class with a ranged grab. Give it some animation cancels, less clunky movement, more fluid animations etc

Basic likes this.
  15. Adre

Adre NewMoon Kunoichi EU

if you play agressive against a lahn without thinking about it you will get punished doing so.

You have to play around them and try to bait out a grab and when the grab goes on cooldown you can play extreamly aggressive and go ham for a solid 11 seconds.

If you are struggling to fight a lahn due to her grab I would mainly say it is your own ****ups/mistakes and not knowint the matchup. I have never had a single issue fighting lahns.

If you can learn to stay a safe distance away and bait them to use the grab in your iframe/make them belive you are pushing twards them so they grab thin air you can punish them hard. Most of their protected cc's make them stand still and they usualy linger them for a little bit but you can do massive dmg durring this period thru sa trading or landing a cc on them.

Lahn can be very slithery and a lahn that goes in grabs and if fail fly away and keeps distance might be the most annoying thing in the world. It isnt impossible to beat.

AZzalor and Diazine like this.
  16. Akantorian

And how do you bait the grab with a non iframe class?

Jaeger likes this.
  17. Adre

Adre NewMoon Kunoichi EU

Tell me a class that dosnt have any iframe or fast mobility skill

18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Valk. Try it, it does not matter how far or fast you dash away. You will get rubberbanded by almost anyones grapple. And after being rubberbanded all your dashes are also on cd to make an escape after the slime chance of surviving the combo even more impossible.

19. Blitzball

Tell me why i see Valks dashing trough the entire RBF map faster than a Musa/Mae.

Wheelchair propaganda needs to stop D:<

Graugus and deepriver27 like this.