1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lahn Succesion

Discussion in 'Lahn' started by Silverrryy, Mar 1, 2020.

1. T800

Everything was false, cause you are denying that all Succession skills have Super Armor and Forward Guard, just because you can't uptime them 100% on some skills. And than you mentioned skills out of Succession kit, to make your false statement sounds credible.

As i said, same argument as with Mystics 2 years ago: " here is a 0.001 second window where my character is vulnerable - see it's not OP" - this is what your post sounded like.

2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

A skill that is only partially protected is the same as it being not protected at all. Good players take adventage of those holes and those are not only 0.001 seconds.
    Maybe you should actually learn the different skills and when they are protected and when not before crying like this?

3. T800

[​IMG]

I'll advocate for removal of SA and FG from skills, until they are on pair with every other class in the game. No special treatment just so they can up the Cash Shop sales for this class.

4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Why not just remove all protection of all classes? Protection is overrated anyways.

5. Naicon

Naicon Maehwa 63 EU

6. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

Succession have long af animations that justify the need of protection on skills, also if you consider most sa on skills only work after 2-3rd hit of the animation giving enough time to land 3-4 cc before it's even super armor. Also succession doesn't have a grab and most class have good enough sa/fg rotation to avoid lahn succ's cc-s. Basically going succession means giving up the best cc in the game for unreliable protections. If you think lahn's protection is op just play any class with a grab.

I been playing lahn for half a year now and i still in awakening, mainly cus succession is just up to par with awa and not superior to it like in warrior's case was. Succ or awa lahn is a playstyle choice.

#26 Kerenis, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Diazine and AZzalor like this.
  7. T800

They are not all long. Sure Blooming Nether Flower(LMB+RMB) - is basically the typical Spin-to-win skill that should have protection, or Blade Dance (RMB) is really long, so the long part is covered.

But skills like Pendulum Kick( F) that has Knockdown and on 4 second Cooldown and a ranged attack -WTF? You land a CC, than you are protected to continue to damage it with a Down Attack bonus?

Pendulim Cleaver ( A or D + LMB) - absolutely doesn't needs Protection.

Salf'ur Purge( Shift Q) - this one is almost instant if used stand alone, but the combo part with flying does needs Protection.

Cymbidium (S+F) - doesn't need FG, it already has Bound CC on the throw part. A protected CC? Overkill.

Most of this skills are on very short cooldown, this Sucession tree needs unprotected holes, bigger holes to make it on pair with other Classes.

8. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

You read skills or actually tried them out?
    Cymbidium is fg even in pre awakened skill kit, you will get cc-d during pendulum kick.
    Salp'uri Purge was super armor even in pre awakening, Furious chase was a fg even in pre awakening.
    Pendulum cleaver needs super armor, and it's only used to keep up the attack speed buff, also not sa when on cooldown.
    Bleeding hearts not even deal damage and imo worst skill in whole set.

You are the type of person that read the skill tree and decided it's op just by reading it but you never actually played it or played against it to know how big holes it actually have. Pretty sure you haven't even set foot on main land not to mention actually meeting a lahn according to your bartering posts.

alastersan, Diazine and AZzalor like this.
  9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

The first hit is not protected and thus is easily stopped. Also you can just grab someone out of it.
    I agree that 4 sec is a bit low of a cd and should be increased, but the sa on consecutive attacks is not really a problem.
    It has no cc, i see not problem with protection on it. It's similar to kuno awa a/d+lmb.
    So first of all, it's not "almost instant". There's like half a second before the skill even hits and gives every class more than enough time to use any protected skill or dodge backwards. It's a good catch for "wannabe-pvpers" tho.
    It had the same thing in preawa already and still is not used a lot there. It's just not a good cc skill to begin with and can easily be dodged or countered.
    Many classes can chain skills to stay protected forever or for example have sa in block.
    I do have to agree tho that some of those skills have too short cds, but they leave a good amount of holes to anyone to catch them. If you want bigger holes, it just shows your lack of pvp skill and class knowlegde because you can't hit those holes yourself.

Diazine likes this.
  10. T800

I did everything with lahn, from reading, to trying, to playing, to playing against it, and followed Cupecake progress from the start to see how the Lahn experts play.

As for everything else - what you wrote is not an argument, you just stated current facts with our arguing for them.

Once i got my PEN's from Bartering, i am finally on the mainland engaging in Node Wars. Really happy to be back ... all the time invested in to bartering finally makes sense - also the reason for this posts.

11. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

You are not arguing either, you are just throwing a temper tantrum here, yelling "nerf lahn cus yes". I can state facts to you and your misconception on lahn succ being 100% protected (which is invalid) will not change either way. If i use your main argument here i can just say "You are wrong cus yes" and will state same amount of information as you done so far.
    But the fact that it has countless holes that can be exploited and used against the lahn will not change. Beating a succession lahn in 1v1 is way easier than fighting awakening one (which has less protection and way more holes). If succession lahn had a grab it would be broken, but as it is now i think it's actually perfectly fine.

Good for you having an overtuned lifeskill thats basically pizza delivery simulator (and should've been nerfed a week after it's release). But i prefer actually working for my pens and have my name on them even if it takes 3x the time and money than what it would take with just buying them.
    I made Pen dande, kutum and tet blackstar since new year also made a DOOM and working on my pen dim tree now. All from hard active gameplay without any lifeskill or overnight afk activity. I take great pride in having my name on them too.

#31 Kerenis, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Diazine and AZzalor like this.
  12. Spartakatz

for sure some crazy damage, 2skills is all a lahn needs atm to cut through 400++ dp like butter.
    i'd assume damage nerfs for at least lahn and dk in future, based on what they did to other classes with similar "issues".
    "loss of grab -> ridiculous damage" was first state of succ ranger too and they cut damage in half, so loss of grab seems not really to be enough to justify that amount of damage (in case of ranger was even a KD grab and not just a bound)

the bombing clips look pretty fun, don't see anything op in those, at least u have the chance to see it unlike stealth.

13. T800

Its not cause " yes" - it's because every other class have big holes in their Succession skill set when it comes to protection, except for Lahn.
    Lahn Succession is the only class that is Fully Protected.

14. Diazine

i literally just posted a list of big protection gaps earlier in this thread which you choose to ignore to keep spreading misinformation instead. if you actually played lahn yourself for even a single day you'd be aware of all these gaps instead of calling it lies and false information, so let's be honest you were never going to change your opinion anyway.

sincerely hope neither kakao nor pearl abyss will listen to your feedback

#34 Diazine, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
    AZzalor and Kerenis like this.
  15. T800

You didn't post anything that could even come close to an opinion. You just stated how things are, which is so far out from reality for every other class in the game.

[​IMG]

16. Diazine

stating "how things are" (i.e. facts) instead of my opinion was literally the entire point, because my opinion would be subjective but the gaps in lahns protections exist regardless of what you believe in.

Fateneko, AZzalor and Kerenis like this.
  17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Where are the big holes for sorc? Oh wait, there are none.

Kerenis and Blitzball like this.
  18. T800

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can easily engage massive groups and get out. This is what i observed often when watching Cupcake stream - this is what PvP used to be like 2,5 years ago, before Protection was removed from every class.

19. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

Killed 3 people on the side of the blob max and had to fly away.
    Imagine if this was a sorc that could've danced in the middle of the blob killing 10-15 people while in iframe and then just V out once the stamina is out while losing 0 hp in the process.
    As long as sorc can do that, i see no problem with a lahn killing 3 people on the side of a blob and then flying away.

AZzalor likes this.
  20. T800

I don't know what your imaginary Sorc can do, take it to the Sorc forums, this is Lahn discussion.

But once again, i provide a real example, while you provide no argument back. No big gaps, just a Flully Protected spec that needs to be reworked to make it on pair with every other class.

Grabs vs Lahn: https://clips.twitch.tv/TriangularPlainPineappleNononoCat

#40 T800, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020