1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laila, a New Companion Fairy goes Live Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Jey

Jey Valkyrie EU

ups deleted

2. Deadly_Poison

Deadly_Poison Death_Dealers Ranger 61 EU

Drieghan please XO

3. Ponge85

After reading some of the linked korean notes/descriptions, this fairy seems to not worth the effort at all; first, it is RNG what tier you get, you cannot improve the tier; second, it is RNG what skills it gets (I bet most of them will get the lamp skill), third, it is random what level the skill gets, so you can have a tier4 fairy with all skills at lvl1, and you canot improve the skills either.
    So, if you get a low tier fairy, or you get a crap/low lvl skill after leveling a good tier fairy, you have to dismiss it and begin again from scratch, with no control at all on the fairy's progression. It is even worse than the pet system (higher tier pets get better talents at least, their skill can be low lvl though), or the horse system (you can change skills, only with pearls though). Automatic water consumption in desert, with 30 min cooldown? Its a joke, right? 90% of the fairy skills are useless.

4. ImMegumin

why the hate? screw you guys i like this game and if you dont just quit...more space for me to grind alone dammit

LyrraKat and T800 like this.
  5. Zefiro

IS... THIS... GAME... P2W????

6. ImMegumin

yes it is,all games are p2w,life is p2w so better go get a f***** job

Lorenian and T800 like this.
  7. What have u done!!!?

[​IMG]

Fateneko and Joungf like this.
  8. 6footgeeks

pearlshop costumes for fairy when

fairy character creation when :P

berserker as fairy when

Sumire and Lorenian like this.
  9. here u go
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Joungf and Platinia like this.
  10. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Sell skins for the Fairy on pearl store, pls. I want a tinkerbell or a Navi

11. Ponge85

I'm just sad to see they spend manpower, resources and time on stuff that does not worth the effort to play with (you waste a ton of resources and time, the RNG screws you over at the end, and you get nothing but crap; accessory enchanting is similar – TET ogre fail - boom, billions gone down in the drain, and you get 1 failstack). I feel the same when they implemented new voice-overs for the NPCs. I just asked, why? Who needed this? Who asked for this? There are so many things that need improvement in this game, and they waste their time with things like these. I admit, the fairy in itself is a good idea, however, the execution is poor. It is shiny and nice on the outside, but only crap and a waste of time as you go deeper. I like to get something in return for my invested time and efforts, even if it is just a game; this is a personal opinion though.
    I won't quit, because like some other aspects of the game, I dislike this particular part, though this is not the only one.

Rosedunn and Lorenian like this.
  12. Alrunia

one correction, supposedly the tier of the fairy CAN be improved somehow. but even if not, you can just shitcan the low tier one when you manage to get a higher tier from the repeatable quest

also, all of the terrible gifs posted in this thread are excellent ideas for future fairy skins please make it happen PA

does the fairy really eat -anything- or only gear? like can you craft a billion green-quality crap food or potions overnight and feed that to the fairy?

Rosedunn likes this.
  13. Ponge85

Yes, but what if you have to shitcan a tier3 lvl30 fairy you fed a ton of time and mats/silver into, because it has worthless skills?

"Improved somehow", I bet on pearl items here.

About feeding the fairy, I know about only armor/weapon items so far, and I heard black spirit claw.

14. Alrunia

https://www.invenglobal.com/article...many-useful-buffs-the-fairy-comes-to-bdo-naeu I got that from this article.

"The Fairy’s Tier can be upgraded to the next tier. If the upgrade is successful, the Fairy’s level and skills will be refreshed and the upgrade cannot be reverted.

Each Fairy will get only one opportunity for an upgrade when she reaches the maximum level. The success rate will be different depending on how many materials you are using, and the rate can go up to 100%. If you decided to upgrade your Fairy when the success rate is not 100% and the upgrade fails, you cannot try for another upgrade unless the Fairy Reincarnates and then reaches the max level again."

It's a little like worker promotion I guess. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I know I shouldn't be but I'm kinda hyped for this. I goddamn love twee **** like that.

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  15. Wodur

Lol, look at all those metal stuff you can feed her..
    Gonna name mine Scrapyard or Defragmentor..
    :)

16. Ponge85

Interesting, curious how hard it will be to reach 100% success chance, and what materials you will have to use. Skill reset... Well, if they improved the fairy so on tier3 it can get lvl3 skills, it might be ok, but it stills bugs me if the fairy can get low lvl skills on high tier.

Rosedunn and Alrunia like this.
  17. RP Tzuyu

they gonna put cd on that, and its gonnabe a long ass cd

18. Ponge85

Yeah, this also bothers me, some of the skills are useless with such high CD; no penalty rez has 24 hours CD on lvl1; though the automatic water consumption with is 30 min CD must be a joke.

Hah, what I just found:
    https://www.invenglobal.com/article...many-useful-buffs-the-fairy-comes-to-bdo-naeu
    In order to Reincarnate your Fairy, you need to unsummon the Fairy first and then click on the “Reincarnation” button in the Fairy menu. The process will require an item called “Authority of the Fairy Queen”, which is a Pearl item.
    The materials for Fairy Upgrade are Sweet Honey Wine or Oneteia Dark Honey Wine. Oneteia Dark Honey Wine is a Pearl item. (And sweet honey wine is very hard to craft as it requires blue grade honey; 400 sweet honey wine for the last tier for 100% chance).
    Ofc, pearl items involved.

#98 Ponge85, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  19. Mischievous

I'm not understanding the Top Quality Cooking Honey. Do you have to farm honey to get top quality honey?

20. Ponge85

You have to shoot wild beehives on trees with a rented matchlock gun; they drop Wild Beehive, you have to grind those to get regular, green or blue grade honey; of course, the blue grade is the hardest to get. You cannot farm honey (yet), but I really hope they add something like that soon, or this whole fairy thing will be messed up.