1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaked "Sea Monster Hunting" Paycharts

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightningFFXIII-4, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightningFFXIII-4

I'm playing Black Desert Online lol. Havent logged in on my FFXIV account for 2 weeks now. BDO Dev's did you a favor by banning you.

2. Life Aries

I don't really care about the trina nerf nor would I really care about a nerf to ramming since I find it too tedious, but I think a lot of people who are hyped on ramming being an exploit haven't spent much time on sea monsters.

Ramming or not, it takes a lot of time to hunt sea monsters. The time it takes to travel to them, plus time to and from port when you need to mend, plus it's a huge investment to get pro 1 sailing if you want to ram them continuously. You see a 4 min video, I see an hour of time for him to kill maybe 3 hekaru with his approach and the boat/gear he has.

I keep seeing this thing about loot that is "worth more than world bosses". They are guild items that unless you have 100 people doing sea monsters 5 hours a day (as another mentioned in one of the 30 threads going rn) it's not much. Those 100m items are actually pretty rare; I've killed at least a hundred hekaru and I've only got 1.

In that video, it takes him about 4 mins to kill the sea monster, which sure is a bit faster than you can do with a frigate or galley with canons, but not by much more than a party of 3 can do on my frigate with canons (at least for Hekaru).

IDK, if there are guilds where 100 members all have boats and are all Pro 1, then I say let them reap the benefits of it. That's a lot of hard work.

Scrutiny, Depthside, Rah97 and 3 others like this.
  3. Kukiyu

Laughable system.

4. Life Aries

Yes, but you need Pro 1 sailing to use Quick Retreat, which is a requirement to using ramming continuously.

5. ambyentlight

Ok so maybe leave seamonster loot as is but limit payouts to like 1 billion a week as that would be far easyer to code im sure.

6. Isteria

It is not a requirement. It is easier to avoid dmg if you have swift retreat. Prof 1 takes a while to level and the skill uses too much stamina. If you learn the atks of the monsters, you can do just fine without that skill.

7. NoTear

Lmao, you are so ignorant. Why people have to use CANNONS to kill sea monsters? "If a seamonster is getting rammed from behind and it's barely fighting back, it's a bug/glitch/exploit and needs to be fixed" Like you said, if you kill a mob from behind, does that consider a bug/glitch/exploit and needs to be fixed?
    First, before you judge other people doing, you need to actually play the game and learn how ramming works. I don't think you will ever learn. People like you are just too jealous about others. Besides, you are too lazy to send a ticket to GM and ask.
    Get some education and stop being stupid please.

PeelThat likes this.
  8. Kukiyu

Ikr, sadly they didnt ruined it enough already so even more People leave.
    If they knew what a Hack is coming out soon, servers will be flooded with Cheater.
    And Kakao and PA will only get the ones that overextend like it did. The Features included will be insane, instant loot etc.
    Enjoy your pets if someone just gets his stuff instantly from the ground while grinding and not needs 1 pet <3~
    Enjoy GM&Player detection, if someone else is near you go back to normal speed, try to figure it out.
    Any plenty more, just laughable XD

9. LightningFFXIII-4

Agree, they need to put a cap on how much you can guild funds per week you can get from seamonster hunting.

Seamonster hunting gives so much right now, if your in a guild that cant seamonster hunt, your screwed.

10. Layliara

"Can you can kill Candidums in 5 minutes with blue cannons solo?"
    ~it doesn't take 30 minutes to kill a sea monster with a cannon, unless your solo cannoning it

"No one will sea monster hunt if it takes 30 minutes per sea monster.
    If you're saying 5-15 minutes for just a Hekaru"
    ~it takes like 5-15 minutes to kill one

You were never specific on which sea monster and if you were soloing it or not when I replied to your post, I replied with it takes like 5-15 minutes thinking that you were talking about in a group

11. Life Aries

I know the attacks inside out. Show me a video of a ramming kill without quick retreat. I can guarantee it takes much longer than 4 minutes.

12. Janus

@LightningFFXIII-4 here is what you wanted to see.

First my question in the ticket:
    In the last days there has been quite a bit of discussion in the forum about a seamonster hunting guild on NA that supposedly hacked. It turned out that it was a hoax with a photoshopped guild fund screenshot, but the discussion thread caused a few questions for me that I would like to clarify to make sure I don't run into accidentaly using an exploit. Please note that all of the below is being used (according to forum and youtube videos) for many months already:
    1. speedhacks etc are obviously an exploit and not acceptable
    2. using 4-10 boats to ram a seamonster from all sides so it stays in one place?
    3. using food/elixirs/skill-buffs to increase ram/cannon/matchlock damage? (might be changed in the meantime, not sure)
    4. killing seamonsters either with ranged skills or matchlocks (hunting or trina) instead of ram or cannon?
    5. using a controler to quicker maneuver the ship? (might be changed in the meantime, there was something like that in the patchnotes)
    6. overstacking guild galleys or other mounts for extra weight?
    7. changing graphics settings and/or mouse sensitivity to more easily turn a ship?

Many thanks. I don't want to start seamonster hunting until some clarification, but on the other hand "time is money" and seamonster hunting with all "tricks" (except hacking of course) seems to yield 100M per hour with a little luck. Since it is also being discussed on the forum I assume it is a known topic and if there is no change next patch to any of the mentioned functionality, I guess it is ok...

Many thanks in advance for the clarification

and here is the answert by a GM
    Greetings,

I am GM ... and I will be handling your ticket today.

I can see you're contacting us today in order to inquire about particular techniques used in sea-monster hunting. Thank you for contacting us about this. Our Terms of Use are in place to help ensure that everyone can enjoy the game as it was intended, so we take these type of enquiries very seriously as it helps us maintain our Terms of Use.

Please note that we are currently looking into tactics regarding sea-monster hunting and are continually collaborating with the developers on these topics. In the meantime, I would particularly refrain from using the Trina Matchlock to hunt sea monsters; as your Account may be at risk depending on the conclusion of our investigations:

If there's anything else you would like to inquire about, please let us know and we will happily assist you.

Kind regards,
    GM ...
    English Game Master

As you can see above, I asked about quite a few things if they were OK. In the reply only the Trina matchlocks were mentioned as problematic (that statement was posted from another GM on this forum yesterday, too) and all others weren't mentioned.

Thelemna likes this.
  13. LightningFFXIII-4

I am GM ... and I will be handling your ticket today.

I can see you're contacting us today in order to inquire about particular techniques used in sea-monster

Kind regards,
    GM ...
    English Game Master

Last time I checked GM's had names.

14. Zaolee

How else you kill them? Cannons? LOL?

LightningFFXIII-4 likes this.
  15. Isteria

It is for sure slower but certainly not impossible. It probably takes me 5-6 min per candi without swift retreat. However the topic is about ram and whether using the skill on the boat is considered an exploit. It is not. I know the amount of work which goes into lvl sailing even though it is now easier with the sailing dailies. I also know how much you can do per hour solo hunting.

16. LightningFFXIII-4

I know right. Seamonster hunters asking stupid questions.

17. Janus

So what is your agenda? Wanna run around and potentially get somebody in trouble if any of the mentioned points wasn't 100% correct?
    Obviously I deleted personal information from an e-mail exchange. ffs

18. 2monthslatenonamesleft

I don't see the whole point about bitching about overstacking and how suddenly it has turned into a high crime other then to be used an excuse for a lack of useful argument about the actual topic of this thread.

Yes, it is something they didn't originally intend but they know and implicitly are ok with it. They PURPOSELY put it back in. While they don't offer support for it (you're s.o.l. if you loose something), their last OFFICIAL statement (May 2017) on it was they were going to ALLOW it and NOT take action if you use it. It is literally required for large parts of the game to function at this point. No overstacking? Trading / Processing as lifeskills..dead. Worker/node system are worthless without those. Like to grind for more then an hour without dumping hundreds of dollars on maid? Not possible.

Its a thing. It'd been around for 2 years. The vast majority of the playerbase uses it. It is not going away... ever. Get over it.

19. RoakOriginal

10-15.. But again i have crappy green gear...

20. Asurathia

Rewards for bothering with that sailboat stuff is a given, but the scale of these rewards is completely ridiculous.

If you're one of these disgusting shills I see spreading their filth in this thread then don't waste your breath replying to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.