1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Least populated channel ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Columba

bringing back Val6 is your only option since anything to "fix" the karma system will drive away low geared players.

2. Columba

lol. I went there a lot. aside from gankers outside Heidel, the place was a wasteland.

3. Columba

This lesson must be repeated for the slow kids: Karmabombing is a fictitious construct, fabricated by kids who cannot handle a little karma loss and want to remove ALL penalties for ganking lowbies. You know, the pvp wannabes. Since NO ONE can force ANYONE to flag, it's properly termed as karmacide. Now for the obligatory PSA: Learn to Share (TM!).

4. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

SO what your trying to say it not being able to CC someone and then one shot them isnt PvP but when you can do that it makes PvP the elite system in BDO?

5. PandaPolishesPotatos

No. You may not be able to one-shot someone but you can do this.

Grab - Gravedigger - Overwhelm - Solar Flare - Absolute Shield Charge - Reckless Blow - Ankle Break - Slashing the Dead

Nobody can survive that, it's 10x the amount of damage required to kill people and normally it's not possible to do but because you can float people off the ground in Arsha you can extend a normal grab combo into a guaranteed kill on anyone. Arsha is a great place to go if you want peaceful grinding because you can have garbage AP but do a ridiculously long combo that kills everyone and there's no penalty to immediately flagging on someone that enters your grind spot.

Arsha PvP Mechanics aren't busted because they prevent one shots, they're busted because they keep your character permanently CC'd forever.

6. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

No.. You are confusing PVP with PK..

Players who wanted these channels are using them.. But they can only hold 1 person in each grind spot because they will kill anyone over and over again who is even near them. No one wants PVP when they are trying to grind/level.. It just slows you down..The people who want actual PVP aren't going to use it either.. Why spend an hour searching for someone to kill, when you can just join Red Battlefield and get 2 mil rewards every 20 mins for participating in it.

As someone with above average gearscore (softcap gear), I've had bad experiences with the PVP channel (this was before they turned it into Arsha channel too).
    • I spent 30-40 mins looking at various grind spots for a bit of PVP, couldn't find anyone
    • Eventually found someone at sausans.. Was expecting a super easy fight tbh since it was sausans ffs.. The guy killed me easily, again and again.. Started to spawn camp.. I was forced to res at town.
    • Grinded on the channel and didn't get any PVP, overall not a bad place to grind if you want to be left alone 90% of the time lol.. Which is exactly what you WOULDN'T expect from a PVP channel.
    • Jail system still works in the desert lol... WHY?

I never wanted the PVP channel and argued against it, it's not going to work in a game like this where you can change channel all the time... Not without incentive to actually go there. Because like I said, people who want to progress are not going to go in a channel where they can get harrassed freely all the time. Not unless you think you are strong enough to kill anyone who comes along.

I do want the PK/Karma system changing though to be more balanced. PK is literally pointless right now because of the instant respawns and no incentive to just leave instead of wasting everyones time. As well, the death punishments (outside the desert) are too strict, and you know they are because everyone is waaaay too scared of going negative outside the desert. Not to mention that when you are red you can be freely attacked all the time and even accidentally attacked. Yet the negative karma player cannot defend themselves without losing more karma.. You should still have to flag up to hit someone with negative karma, but not lose any karma for hitting/killing them. That way they can at least defend themselves and I could even help to defend my negative karma friend without losing karma as well. Not to mention that you still lose karma in the desert AS WELL as the jail system... WHY!?

Another system I would like to suggest: Peace/conflict/war zones (based on a mechanic from archeage).
    • Grind spots will be in peace/conflict/war zones for a certain amount of hours.
    • It will rotate from peace > conflict > war > peace > conflict > war > peace, etc.
    • You can see what state a grind spot is in on the map
    • If a grind spot is in peace state, no one can flag up at all (or you lose high karma for PK)
    • If a grind spot is in conflict state, the current karma rules apply
    • If a grind spot is in war state, you don't lose karma for PK (or you lose very little karma for PK)
    This would give players an option of where to go, based on how they want to play the game and also make more grind spots actually used.. Someone who wants to grind in peace and doesn't want PVP whilst grinding, would grind in a peace zone.. Players who don't mind PVP or want to control a grind spot with PK, would grind in a war zone. Since they rotate every few hours, you may have to move out of a grind spot every few hours to move to a new war/peace zone.

#26 Tansie, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Kyouki likes this.
  7. unrealaz

Valencia 6 was ok,this is a big pile of ****.

8. Columba

i support adding a val6 server to give players what they want. either in place of or in addition to the current.

9. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

10. cruise

cruise Lahn

kama5 and kama6 are always empty

Columba likes this.
  11. ambyentlight

In now days mmos pvp and pk are the same thing hence why they allow 1 sided choice to kill another, it is still the same thing though player vs player, Unless one person is a bot that is.

Senzai likes this.
  12. RP Tzuyu

u know, most players in arsha are geared af, probably 520+gs.... so no one under 500gs want to go there and cant contest spot.... its painful to grind in normal channels when there are bunch of 400-gs grief then karmabomb

13. Columba

So you don’t want fair fights. You want easy ones AND no karma losses. Lol

Silowyi and Pook600 like this.
  14. Spartakatz

Yeah the "different pvp setup" argument lol. As if the pro players couldnt handle more DP and everything would be totally different... Hahaha

Fights last longer, that's all. People dont like it because they actually dont want to pvp, but only pve in peace.

Columba likes this.
  15. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

The PvP channel has entirely different PvP rulesets than all the other channels. The rules to fundamentals to PvP, like AP decreases, DP increases, Human damage not being as effective, CC immunity after a certain number of CCs, a block when you get knocked down, etc.

So the PvP server isn't a good place to go to learn PvP since it has different rules. If it were the old Valencia 6 server which was exactly the same as all the other channels, just with karma turned off it would be a good place to go for PvP players.

16. Alicia Dominica

Well, the meme that is the "PvP channel" aside, I would say the least populated channels are the ones where no bells are active.

That's the thing that truly baffles me in this game - aside from wannabe PvP kids - why would anyone remotely sane activate bells, not to mention advertise such on a bell discord? This game is all about limited resources, most prominent of them being the grind spots. Yet there are people actively advertising a channel by popping bells on it... and all the locusts come running.

Anyway, you'll find the least populated channels by joining bell discord and going where none is active...

17. Baroncell

how can i give 2 likes to this comment?

18. Solsi

Least populated channel is Arsha PvP of course. Prior to that it was Valencia 6 PvP that had the lowest population.

So different or same rule sets makes no difference really. The PvP channel will always be the least populated one.

I'm guessing mainly because gear and power difference in BDO is pretty massive, so people don't wanna play there unless 520+ gear score and 60+. Also there's class imbalance.

In addition to that most people dislike being ganked or PK'ed while trying to progress in PvE. They only like to PvP when prepared and ready for it. So that means leveling and progressing on a PvP channel is out of the question. It's the same in any existing mmorpg. The PvP channel or server is kinda empty, compared to normal ones.

19. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Exactly, They want to attacked under geared lowbies but when it happens to them, its unfair. Great logic there huh!

Baroncell and Columba like this.
  20. RP Tzuyu

yes, that is exactly it.... or u could be lucky in arsha and find some undergear dawg u can flag on and camp node with no karma loss