1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving BDO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wizol, Sep 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wizol

This isn't a thread that I am making to bash black desert or what ever I am just simply expressing my thoughts over the time I have played.

I started playing around the DK launch, levelling was harder than it is now but it didn't bother me. PvP was cancer but it was still fun at the same time, it was the fun type of cancer. Grinding was tedious and it took me a long time to get gear for PvP, Just when I started enjoying node wars they released a new PvP system which like most of their recent decisions flopped.

Now PvP is cancer, but not the fun type of cancer. The gap between gear matters more than ever since the CC system only allows you a short period of time to kill your opponent, with the meta changing and the witchards complaining PvP now lives mainly from AOE and Seige weapons.

Classes are always getting nerfed into the ground or extremely buffed, so the reason you played the class in the first place gets taken away and you are left either wanting to commit suicide or reroll to Witchard.

With the Sea monster hunters pre ordering anything that is half decent for double the price, and the P2W costumes, pretty much pushed me to the decision to leave BDO and wait for a better game. The graphic's in BDO are great and so is the PvP ( Mechanics ), there is nothing like it ( Which is the only reason people play it ).
    There is still room for fun experiences for new players, but for me the game has deteriorated to the point it is unplayable.

For all those new players, enjoy grinding 2 weeks for enhancing supplies to not only not progress but to lose 100 gs. Enjoy.

2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

tl dr - You did roulette and lose, bye.

isojukka.js likes this.
  3. Wizol

I didn't though.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Ap scaling is insane bad decision from devs which has ruined pvp the most.

5. Noble One

"pvp is cancer, but the fun type of cancer"

...what? this doesnt even make sense. if you joined during DK then pvp was still horrid. but in all hope you find a better game.

6. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I mean, he has a point. Mass pvp has always been about which side has more PAs, now they added an unnecesary gear dependency....I am lucky in that PVP is not the only reason I play this game so it bothers me less. If it turns enough into a shitshow, I can give up nodewarring altogether and go fulltime roleplaying. Not that I expect others to do the same though.

7. Wizol

But every class had their cancer, Zerkers with the perma grab.
    Musa with perma dash.
    Ninja with perma cc

8. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Since when is there a good kind of cancer lmao.

Caylea, JeanJean and Sidina like this.
  9. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

The only cancerous thing is the renown and AP scaling.

Its just dumb and it over-rewards RNG carried people by allowing them insane amounts of AP effectively killing any incentive to actually get better at the game by playing and just do lifeskill/p2win into attempts until you can 2shot anyone.

MoonDance17 and JeanJean like this.
  10. Alexandrious

Walk towards the light my child, and never turn back, your wallet is singing praises of you, as does your bank! :D

Wizol likes this.
  11. Jupto

Good luck to where you find your new home then. Maybe you just need a lil break from this and then you come back :)
    I took a break and now im back.

12. arcturus

Slam the door on your way out .

13. schimyping

Look I've been playing BDO for a bout a year now. I've also taken an extended break because I thought this game was too hard to advance after lvl 56. The truth is, that this game IS very hard after 56, but that's what weeds out the hitters from the quitters. I came back after an extended break, and renown score only a couple months ago was garbage, and I would get picked off by other players all the time, but I found a guild that encouraged me to keep at it, and I did. now I've seen some progress and my renown score go up and I'm able to keep up with some of the stronger players. I'm not super strong, but I'm not a speed bump anymore. This game wasn't meant for snow flakes that don't have patience and endurance. You gotta be tough to play this game.

14. RavenousSix

Good decision. Doesn't even matter even if you are insanely geared. The desync is so bad right now. You get grabbed by people from 50 feet away. They teleport out of your cc/grab and get out, there are V out bugs and esc esc bugs. There are so many glitches/desync/server/client netcode issues.

You have one option right now, lifeskill and make money and treat the game like a lifeskill simulator. The servers are really bad right now, don't know if it's still a DDoS issue or just poor servers combined with poor netcode, but PvP in BDO atm is really bad, not just because of class balance, but because of all the desync.

15. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

U could throw an eye to
    conquerors blade
    if u want

16. Herodeed

You can check out lost ark , if you are into isometric view type game.