1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left alone ships everywhere.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AtomicPotato, Mar 28, 2020.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Please do something about this madness, there is ships everywhere, any channel, in middle of nowhere with out driver, they just stay there for whole day. I'm doing bartering and this is madness, cannot set route and go afk because ill collide with left alone ship, and cant kill it because -200k karma for left alone ship in middle of nowhere is a joke.

TucoRamires, SilverWolf, Robf and 4 others like this.
  2. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

dont go afk >W<

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

I'm gonna pay you 5$, if you stream for 16/h a day for 7 days doing active bartering, all u do is moving form point A to point B, 16h a day.

zhagsten likes this.
  4. bebunw

bebunw Ranger 61 EU

Go semi-active :3

5. Vanraven

Its a problem. I can't even understand why someone just leaves their ship abandoned out in the middle of no where.

B00tsy, Jinx_Aran and Rushiera like this.
  6. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i grinded for 20-22hrs each day for a week straight to get my arc map... 16hrs of bartering would be ok if i knew wtf i was doing bartering >W<
    ive done crates before that took 13hrs grana to epheira to anacado to valencia and back... did it all active because was in a guild that was dec'd on all the time and was perinooid i was going to get jumped >W<

also buy me a pc that i could streame with and internet that allowed me to and i would...
    god i would love to be able to stream T^T you have no idea how much better i would enjoy life if i could actually stream and my stream not look like a slide show

7. Rushiera

they grew up with mommy and daddy doing everything for them from cooking to $$$, so that lazy laisser-faire behaviour is reflected in game.

8. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

LMAO

9. Andaro

Ambassador

Just as there is a way to regain karma by killing mobs on land when you have PKd someone, there too, imo, should be a way to regain karma out at sea when you have BK'd someone's boat....

Yes No?

Purr and VasilisD like this.
  10. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

the increase loss of karma to kiling a boat is so dumb....
    basically now if u pk someone and their boat you go negative even at full karma

11. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

well you can kill sea monster and get karma back or run of to Pirates and kill some they give you Karma back so your on the pluss side the go kill some dark rifts. Yes i kill a ship before was in the way 5 days in a row also if i could kill a few ship at the dock i would.

12. Stremforce

He is right though. People in this game are toxic af, to the point where whole guilds leave all their ships out, perfectly placed in the most used autopaths and just leaving them there just to grief others.
    The autopath routes on water are fd anyway with most routes running into some small rock getting stuck and so on. Which is why i basically always semi afk anyway. Still they need to stop this, because this is nothing but griefing.
    Especially in veila, autopathing aside, 2 days ago i literally couldnt get close enough to the warf manager to load cargo or check the ship in. The day after it took me 30 min to move out of veila.
    All this may have been funny at the start but it certainly isnt anymore. With the easy access to ships and basically no active commitment this is also really easy to do with barely any penalties. Even if your ship gets killed, it barely costs anything to repair and it takes like 5min to put it back in someones way....

And for all of those who just call the guy lazy for pointing this out. Be honest with yourself. Imagine the same sh** happens with horses and you need 30+ min to get to your favourite grindspot.

B00tsy, Robf, FairlyEnjoyable and 2 others like this.
  13. ODB3698

It would be amazing if the response to this issue was to fix the actual problem instead of just giving snide side steps (avoidance) of the issue. No one here is unintelligent enough to not recognize that this is intentional griefing. Particularly in Velia Harbor...as I literally watched someone today purposefully maneuvering their boat side ways to block one of the remaining paths to get out to go to Vell. I fully understand that the mandate here is to pretend that this is all hyperbole and players needing to learn to play...but lets be serious for a second and just take the feed back and fix the problem. Ultimately this is the same as the tents on top of boss spawns and pks during boss spawns. Ignoring it will not fix the problem and there are players who will ruin your game if you don't do something about allowing them to do so.

Kazza and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Make ships pass through objects. Done!

15. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

here a pic of 2 ship set and blocking the side of the dock and i saw them se them up doing it 2020-03-30_571360441.JPG

16. Vortexii

No, this is a game design issue that needs to be corrected via other methods. People should not be obtaining Karma in the first place due to obstructive boats.

17. Vortexii

Can you enjoy the irony? How Pearl Abyss created a toxic situation where players can screw with each other over limited space LOL LOL.

18. chendu

Going to make an alt for the sole purpose of sinking them..

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

i have and alt to sink them with but the one close to the dock not sure you can

20. Reverielle

Yes, it really is a bit silly.

Why not implement a system that when boats are left out and stationary anywhere they begin to decay, call it 'environmental wear and tear' or something. The decay could begin after a few of hours being untouched and would increase in rate so that 24 hours later they're completely broken. Furthermore it could also be applied to horses.

In addition to the reasons already mentioned above it would be really nice to not only clean up the aesthetic at docks and in towns, but also I imagine it would lessen the load on our PCs as well as the server somewhat.

Smileybones, Phoenixxx75 and Robf like this.