1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets be honest

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lemon Crush, May 17, 2018.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

It's a **** show yes.

But people that have been here through launch.... we have seen this all before.

• First it was the rampant hacking
    • Then it was Value Pack P2W riots and people quitting dead game sky is falling
    • Then Sorcs were outraged due to balancing and dark flame going from god mode to LUL that tickles
    • Awakenings.... some classes had to wait MONTHS for theirs.... meanwhile warrior got theirs first.... and became a wrecking ball for months.
    • Then Drama over steam releasing
    • Never Nouver
    • Horrible servers
    This list goes on and on. In reality during all the rage quitting and public outcry.... the game grew. It was growing before Steam released, then it got an influx of steam players and grew even more.

Yes this is a rough patch yes people are pissed. But in BDO when aren't people pissed and screaming in the forums that the game is dead.....

Truth is, they will eventually get a handle on balance or at least make classes not broken and unplayable.... and everyone will calm down and the game will still be alive it might even grow again. Especially if they get through this balancing mess on top.

Now people will likely attack me and be like OMG you're a white knight this company is trash blah blah blah. But guess what im just telling you how it is and how its been. Every time something like this happens a very vocal minority quits makes a big noise... but reality is the game remains healthy and grows. Has nothing to do with faith in PA or kakao the players just keep playing regardless and more keep joining for some reason.

The funniest thing about all of the above.... is during all that. NA/EU still spent more than the other regions combined.

Crijix, Lilith., Ravare and 22 others like this.
  2. Gannakis

Yes I was here when all these things happened. That IIIIIIIIII Wizard hacker was terrorizing the servers for months and the GM were like “we’re not sure yet guys be patient while we investigate”. This is different. The combat of this game is changing. It’s the games biggest selling point and now two years later they decide to enter beta phase on live servers. What other content is there? Fishing and siege lag feats and Karmaboming at grind spots. That’s it. People keep playing because of the combat, but the devs are trying hard to kill it.

Scixer, Evil Wood, Pkmdz and 2 others like this.
  3. Dyeless

Dyeless Lahn 61 EU

I was here since release. Not like that matter or change anything. I feel this time it's a bit different story. They are not really adding much to the game but instead messing around with what he have. I know renown score is a new feature but does that matter?
    I actually liked the awakening and while it sucked for these that had to wait it was also exiting getting new weapon and abilities.
    I remember value pack but honestly at that point game was kinda still fresh enough to not care really. I think I didn't even use value pack for a few month cause never felt I would get any value out of it since there was nothing much to sell.
    Steam release and nouver release I wasn't here.

Evil Wood, T800 and iller like this.
  4. Kusaragii

Dude right now all I'm asking for Valkyrie is her legs (movement)... I can barely grind in its current state.. and its not fun. Period.

Qasim, Stillwaters, Evil Wood and 6 others like this.
  5. Jensen

red

none of the other "happenings" compare to this one, also most of them had a simple solution, or you just have to wait
    theres no hope after these changes
    every class got ****ed in some way or another, some more than other ofc
    valks for example were already the worst farming class, now its impossible to farm at all

Qasim, Evil Wood and T800 like this.
  6. clangpicky

grind like most classes, sprint to the next group. its not like mobs are very far apart from each other.

7. Lemon Crush

Same thing happened with awakenings? You act like that wasn't disruptive. Same thing happened with VP.

8. Kusaragii

....You do not play a Valkyrie obviously.

9. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

I mean, the pvp changes etc are fine but now I found out that Bheg, Red nose, Tree and Mud only spawn on 20 channels. WHAT does PA actually smoke to come up with this crap? Seriously. @GM Dew @CM Yukimura This is a no go.

10. Lemon Crush

Really none compare?

The value pack thing was wayyyyy bigger than this. It was a broken promise they would not be adding stuff like that to the game.

That was a massive deal in the game that lasted months with people actually rioting in servers and covered on big sites.

Sorry but that event was huge.

Hacking was the same story.... dont sit there and pretend that oh we just had to wait a bit. We didn't know if they were even going to act lmao. Meanwhile hackers were ruining the game for alot of people.

The same thing is happening now.... by your replies.... we just have to wait. At the time when all those things happened all we had to do was wait yet the forums were filled with the EXACT same threads it is today about how the game is going to die, how they killed it etc etc.

By your own logic, you agree with me that it will work itself out and the game will be fine.

11. aswedishtiger

The only time it was close to this bad was the value pack riot and id still say this is MUCH WORSE.

Day 1 launch player btw

Evil Wood and Nakria like this.
  12. T800

#12 T800, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  13. Lemon Crush

Right and I am saying things will work themselves out. Game wont die. Many that claim to quit will actually not quit. And those that did quit or took a break will likely come back.

I dont think t his is much worse. It's the most we have heard from the PA Devs..... well ever. They are actively changing it every week. I give it a month and things will be semi okay. Not perfect but not awful.

The game will change I have no doubt in my mind about that.... but thats the point. Whether or not they change it for the better still remains to be seen.

14. Lemon Crush

I agree there, I personally wont be spending anymore. Not until they right things.

Evil Wood, Pkmdz and T800 like this.
  15. clangpicky

valk can't run??

16. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

I'm actually warming to the changes they're bringing.

The fact they've curb-stomped previously untouchable classes shows me they're taking this seirously.

TarkusBlack, Columba and Lemon Crush like this.
  17. Lemon Crush

Sweep the leg!

Ya the movement on valk got nerfed a bit too hard.

18. T800

#18 T800, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Evil Wood likes this.
  19. Lemon Crush

I dont even know if its a "damage" bug at this point. It seems like half our spells just flat dont hit. They have been notified, if its a bug they will fix, this happened like 2 weeks ago as well where our damage was noticeably lower than the night before patch.

20. Dyeless

Dyeless Lahn 61 EU

I sorry but you really confusing me right now. I've seen more posts from you where you talk nothing will change etc. Now you preach the same thing that this already happened and nothing will change, people will come back and what not. I won't agree or disagree with you but why the hell you are on the forum steering up all this mess if you already know outcome and you know you won't change some stubborn minds.
    Are you really that bored or just lonely? By the way I'm not trying to offend you.

Qasim likes this.